3 things that would make monster hunter greatest game ever

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

Edited By trophyhunter

1,an actual leveling system where your guy actually gets stronger and tougher.
 I like monster hunter alot, but its broken if you want to actually do any damage to the big monsters you need to be a great or long sword. Which sucks because I love the bow and arrow, but in the demo in the whole hour of the first quest they let you do I must of shot over 500 full strength arrows at the monster and he didn't even flinch.
so if they put in a leveling system you can use whatever you want even the sword and shield and take down even the biggest monster in ther game if you were high enough level and would make playing it by yourself amazingly better

2, life-bars on the monsters
like I said I hit the guy with 500 arrows I'd like to know if I even doing any damage at all.

3 actual on-line co-op
if you need a hunting party to go take down most of the bigger monsters than why the fucking hell would not put in on-line co-op?

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By trophyhunter

1,an actual leveling system where your guy actually gets stronger and tougher.
 I like monster hunter alot, but its broken if you want to actually do any damage to the big monsters you need to be a great or long sword. Which sucks because I love the bow and arrow, but in the demo in the whole hour of the first quest they let you do I must of shot over 500 full strength arrows at the monster and he didn't even flinch.
so if they put in a leveling system you can use whatever you want even the sword and shield and take down even the biggest monster in ther game if you were high enough level and would make playing it by yourself amazingly better

2, life-bars on the monsters
like I said I hit the guy with 500 arrows I'd like to know if I even doing any damage at all.

3 actual on-line co-op
if you need a hunting party to go take down most of the bigger monsters than why the fucking hell would not put in on-line co-op?

Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Emandudeguyperson

That is very true, it's like the game developers are shooting themselves in the foot, don't forget the need for a lock-on targeting system and better camera control.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

Um, your guy gets stronger with the stronger gear you make, there's no need to change that and go back to conventional leveling. There's more than significant progression already. The series does have online co-op, it's only the PSP spin-off titles (enhanced ports of the PS2 games with a focus on SP) that don't have it. Monster Hunter 3 on Wii has online co-op back (and split screen co-op too).

Lock-on would take all the skill out of the game, though on the PSP games the camera control is dumb since you have to do it with the same finger you control the character's movement, so it can't be done simultaneously. Blame the PSP design. In Monster Hunter 3 you can control the camera with the right stick of the classic controller, or the d-pad on the Wii remote, so you can do it without hindering your ability for other actions.

If you have a PS3 however you can somehow play offline PSP games online using an application that I'm not sure if it's available in the West yet.  The new PSP Monster Hunter (Freedom Unite) should be supported (as it already is in Japan).