Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ

This is where it all began for me 
Today I bought my 300th game of my collection. Depending on how you see it, I technically bought my 300th game a few days ago, but number 300 (Tatsunoko vs. Capcom) came in the mail only a few minutes after I had bought Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles. Instead of displaying the rather lengthy list (which can be found HERE) I have decided to commemorate this event with some statistics.  

299 games since I was given my first game system, a Game Boy Color, and my first game, Pokemon Red.   
16 games since I bought the Nintendo DSi XL and a copy of Pokemon Soul Silver.  
Over 3 percent are currently on loan to other people 
I've only finished 106 (35%), and only played about 150 
Nintendo, thanks to their excellent DS and Gamecube consoles, are responsible for roughly half of my collection (including nearly all of the multi console games last generation). 
13 Mario (9 of which are actual Mario platformers, one of which is Super Mario RPG)
11 Final Fantasy (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12)
8 Zelda (including the collectors disc, which technically is four games)
7 each of Pokemon/Metroid/Resident Evil   
At least six that weren't originally released in the states (Ouendan/Ouendan 2, Sin and Punishment, Jump Ultimate Stars, Tales of Versus, Fate/Stay Night) 
Most owned genre: Platformers/RPGs
Least owned genre: First Person Shooters 
44 games still on my wishlist. 13 of those are currently available 

And this is where we are now

Console Breakdowns:

Note: The percentages won't be exact because there seems to have been some games that were counted twice (mostly in the "digital collection") so the numbers are rough but close.
DS: 62 games, just over 20%
Gamecube: 49 games, Just over 16%
Gameboy: 32 games, just over 10%
Playstation 2: 31 games, just over 10%
Nintendo Wii:  30 games, 10%
Xbox 360: 28 games, nearly 10%
Xbox: 14 games, nearly 5%
PC:  12 games, 4%
PSP: 12 games, 4%
Playstation 1: over 2% 
(My collection of digital games, across the Wiiware, Virtual Console, Xbox Live Arcade, DSiware, and Steam, is about 39 games)
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ

Today I bought my 300th game of my collection. Depending on how you see it, I technically bought my 300th game a few days ago, but number 300 (Tatsunoko vs. Capcom) came in the mail only a few minutes after I had bought Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles. Instead of displaying the rather lengthy list (which can be found HERE) I have decided to commemorate this event with some statistics.  

299 games since I was given my first game system, a Game Boy Color, and my first game, Pokemon Red.   
16 games since I bought the Nintendo DSi XL and a copy of Pokemon Soul Silver.  
Over 3 percent are currently on loan to other people 
I've only finished 106 (35%), and only played about 150 
Nintendo, thanks to their excellent DS and Gamecube consoles, are responsible for roughly half of my collection (including nearly all of the multi console games last generation). 
13 Mario (9 of which are actual Mario platformers, one of which is Super Mario RPG)
11 Final Fantasy (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12)
8 Zelda (including the collectors disc, which technically is four games)
7 each of Pokemon/Metroid/Resident Evil   
At least six that weren't originally released in the states (Ouendan/Ouendan 2, Sin and Punishment, Jump Ultimate Stars, Tales of Versus, Fate/Stay Night) 
Most owned genre: Platformers/RPGs
Least owned genre: First Person Shooters 
44 games still on my wishlist. 13 of those are currently available 

Console Breakdowns:

Note: The percentages won't be exact because there seems to have been some games that were counted twice (mostly in the "digital collection") so the numbers are rough but close.
DS: 62 games, just over 20%
Gamecube: 49 games, Just over 16%
Gameboy: 32 games, just over 10%
Playstation 2: 31 games, just over 10%
Nintendo Wii:  30 games, 10%
Xbox 360: 28 games, nearly 10%
Xbox: 14 games, nearly 5%
PC:  12 games, 4%
PSP: 12 games, 4%
Playstation 1: over 2% 
(My collection of digital games, across the Wiiware, Virtual Console, Xbox Live Arcade, DSiware, and Steam, is about 39 games)
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

How coincidental! I'm coming close to my 900th game beaten!

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AgentJ
@Video_Game_King said:
" How coincidental! I'm coming close to my 900th game beaten! "
-_- 
Thats a lot.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By buzz_clik

Get me some stats, stat!

Interesting breakdown, buddy. And congrats on the milestone!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King
@AgentJ said:

" @Video_Game_King said:

" How coincidental! I'm coming close to my 900th game beaten! "

-_- Thats a lot. "
I'd post the Captain Obvious picture, but I feel that's a bit cliche. So instead, I'll suggest that you should have replied with this:

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ

They're pretty much all right there in that picture. DS and PSP on top, Game Boy, PS1, 2, and 360 on the second shelf, Cube on the third, Wii and 360 on the fourth, and PC on the bottom
Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Ben99

what was the console you enjoyed the most ?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AgentJ
@Ben99 said:
" what was the console you enjoyed the most ? "
Certainly the DS, though I haven't gotten to the vast majority of my PS2 collection yet (a friend is using it right now). I expect that once I do get to those games, it will be right up in the discussion. After the DS, probably the 360, though the Gamecube would be right up there too. 
Ben99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Ben99
@AgentJ said:
" @Ben99 said:
Certainly the DS, though I haven't gotten to the vast majority of my PS2 collection yet (a friend is using it right now). I expect that once I do get to those games, it will be right up in the discussion. After the DS, probably the 360, though the Gamecube would be right up there too.  "
hmm interesting . Had  I been keeping my games and consoles I would have reached a big number but I don't like to do that . I had ps1 then gameboy color then  ps2 then psp and finally ps3
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AgentJ
@Ben99 said:
" @AgentJ said:
" @Ben99 said:
Certainly the DS, though I haven't gotten to the vast majority of my PS2 collection yet (a friend is using it right now). I expect that once I do get to those games, it will be right up in the discussion. After the DS, probably the 360, though the Gamecube would be right up there too.  "
hmm interesting . Had  I been keeping my games and consoles I would have reached a big number but I don't like to do that . I had ps1 then gameboy color then  ps2 then psp and finally ps3 "
Lol, thats funny, because I don't like to SELL mine :P my progression was gameboy color, gameboy advance, gamecube, ds, wii, 360, psp, ps2. Obviously I hadn't branched out much until this past year or so.
animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By animateria

Geez, wow... That's pretty damn amazing.

Congrats on your 300th ( +1?) purchase.

Does that game get some kind of special treatment for being the 300th? 

You know, like a (fake) golden throne or something?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AgentJ
@animateria said:
" Geez, wow... That's pretty damn amazing.  Congrats on your 300th ( +1?) purchase.  Does that game get some kind of special treatment for being the 300th?   You know, like a (fake) golden throne or something? "
I think I'll save the "Golden Throne" for number 500. I would have liked number 300 to be something more meaningful (Like Soul Silver, or Shantae, or Golden Sun DS) and had it been, then maybe 300 would get a special spot. 
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By oldschool

Dude, you so have to make a fort out of them  :-) 

You are 1/3rd the way to me - buy more games!!!!!!

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By tebbit

I'll be honest, I came here for a certain quest. 

But hey, now that i'm here. 

300 is a freaking huge number. I'm pretty sure that if I tallied up all my games, it might be well under half of that. And it's good to see that you have only played the good Final Fantasies :p

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#15  Edited By Tireyo

Wow.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Steve_C

You've only played around half of your games?! Where's it all going wrong?

Avatar image for organicalistic_
Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Organicalistic_

Ur a fukin mathematician

No Caption Provided
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By AgentJ
@Steve_C said:
" You've only played around half of your games?! Where's it all going wrong? "
I buy nearly all my games used, and at really low prices most of the time, so I don't mind picking up a game that I might not play for a year or two. After all, some of the games I have are worth more now than what I bought them for. Especially some of those DS games that didn't print a lot of copies.
That doesn't include my constantly narrowing window to play said games. Used to be I'd just come home from school (elementary, middle, high) and pick up my controller and play. These days I've got college and work, so my play time is dwindling. Still, I find time every once in a while. I played through Silent Hill Shattered Memories Sunday and Monday night, and am constantly making progress on Soul Silver. Next I think I might start on either The Saboteur, Batman Arkham Asylum, or Dead Rising.
halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By halberdierv2

dag, you've got money.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By AgentJ
@Halberdierv2 said:
" dag, you've got money. "
Well, its a collection that has been built up over like 12 years, so an average of 25 games a year. Nearly none of those were new, so It didn't cost as much as you would think.
napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By napalm

I assume you used a program to get all of those statistics?

Avatar image for computerplayer1
Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Computerplayer1

If I kept all my games, I'd be in and around the 500 mark, but I couldn't afford to not trade them in haha. I still hang on to my absolute favourites.

I tallied up my beaten games a year or two ago and it was somewhere around 300 or 400.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AgentJ
@Napalm said:
" I assume you used a program to get all of those statistics? "
Yep, it's called a calculator.
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By bhhawks78

I never understood why people keep every game even when they are basically sure they will never go back to it.  I never have more than 2-3 current gen games, if I do it's because I'm waiting to ship the ones I sold out.  Don't need to buy things day one.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AgentJ
@bhhawks78 said:
" I never understood why people keep every game even when they are basically sure they will never go back to it.  I never have more than 2-3 current gen games, if I do it's because I'm waiting to ship the ones I sold out.  Don't need to buy things day one. "
It's precisely because I don't buy games on day one that I am comfortable with keeping the games that I have enjoyed. I have sold games before, typically the ones I didn't like much, but those are so few and far in between that I hardly find it to be worthwhile. 
The absolute most I typically ever spend on a game (unless it's a really big deal to me) is $40.00. I'm pretty sure I haven't spent more than 30.00 on any 360 games in the time I've owned it. The average amount I spend is probably closer to 10.00-20.00.  
So you must not have many multi player games, eh? Because typically those command more time on the shelf. 
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By bhhawks78
@AgentJ said:
" @bhhawks78 said:
" I never understood why people keep every game even when they are basically sure they will never go back to it.  I never have more than 2-3 current gen games, if I do it's because I'm waiting to ship the ones I sold out.  Don't need to buy things day one. "
It's precisely because I don't buy games on day one that I am comfortable with keeping the games that I have enjoyed. I have sold games before, typically
 the ones I didn't like much, but those are so few and far in between that I hardly find it to be worthwhile. The absolute most I typically ever spend on a game (unless it's a really big deal to me) is $40.00. I'm pretty sure I haven't spent more than 30.00 on any 360 games in the time I've owned it. The average amount I spend is probably closer to 10.00-20.00.  So you must not have many multi player games, eh? Because typically those command more time on the shelf.  "
The vast majority of games multiplayer ships basically dead/empty or died within three months.  Also if you aren't playing that game daily odds are if you pop it in 6 months later the only people left playing are the obsessed ones who play 2-3 hours a day.  Not to mention I'd say 90-95% of games with multiplayer is just tacked on/ripped off from someone else and complete rubbish.