lol, Miyamoto. No revision my ass.

bishna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By bishna

Hey remember that 3DS you bought 3 months ago? Well throw that fucking piece of shit in the god damn trash bin and get an XL!

Avatar image for sexualbubblegumx
SexualBubblegumX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SexualBubblegumX

Come on Nintendo, let the 3ds die already -.-

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SlightConfuse

might trade my 3ds and upgrade, gamestop will probably have some deal

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jewunit

The current 3DS system is $30 cheaper and the early adopters got a bunch of games via the Ambassador program. It's not really a bad deal for anyone involved.

uhtaree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By uhtaree

Why not just put the second stick on there already... Either way I have been thinking about a handheld and this thing will probably push me over the edge from Vita to 3ds, more/better games.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Damn, August 19th. I seemed to have glossed over the release date because that's pretty soon. Neat. I'm relatively glad I waited because this is what I'm going to get, though I'm saddened that it doesn't have the awesome purple color that is currently available for the original 3DS .

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Deusx

I don´t know what to think. Lots of good games coming and I´m extremelly happy because I just bought a 3DS... but should I feel bad about this new 3DS? Should I have waited a bit more time? Damnit I don´t know what to feel. It´s a mix of happyness and extreme anger.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By yoshimitz707

Yes, my 3DS R trigger broke and I almost bought another one! Glad I held off!

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By EXTomar

....I don't think the screen or device size was the problem with 3DS.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Coafi

...And that's why we wait when Nintendo releases a handheld, there's always a revision around the corner. I'm not surprised.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ
No Caption Provided
yeahimjordan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By yeahimjordan

The problem I have with these remakes is that they just enlarge the screen, they dont improve the resolution. Every game gets that stretched look.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Ace829

@Deusx said:

I don´t know what to think. Lots of good games coming and I´m extremelly happy because I just bought a 3DS... but should I feel bad about this new 3DS? Should I have waited a bit more time? Damnit I don´t know what to feel. It´s a mix of happyness and extreme anger.

It's $30 more for a slightly better battery and a bigger screen. That's pretty much it. You did just fine buying a normal 3DS. Bonus points if you got it even cheaper.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By crusader8463

Anyone wanna buy a 3DS? Mines been collecting dust for ages. Nothing on it to play.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Meh. That seems like it's almost too big. I'll stick with mine.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#18  Edited By BeachThunder

@crusader8463 said:

Anyone wanna buy a 3DS? Mines been collecting dust for ages. Nothing on it to play.

There's heaps of stuff on the eShop; also, have you tried Ghost Recon?

jewunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jewunit

@Ace829 said:

@Deusx said:

It's $30 more for a slightly better battery and a bigger screen. That's pretty much it. You did just fine buying a normal 3DS. Bonus points if you got it even cheaper.

The Japanese press conference mentioned that these new handhelds would not come with an A/C adapter. You would either have to buy a new one or use one from another handheld. If that's the case in the U.S., you might well have saved yourself more money.

OhCollusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OhCollusion

Jesus that thing is big, definitely saving up for one of those. Hopefully they fix the problem I had with my original one where id get marks on my top screen from the border around the touch screen. Its an easy fix with some screen protectors but just annoying.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ace829

@BeachThunder said:

@crusader8463 said:

There's heaps of stuff on the eShop; also, have you tried Ghost Recon?

Don't forget Mario 3D Land, OoT3D, and the upcoming Theatrythm!

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Deusx

@jewunit said:

@Ace829 said:

@Deusx said:

The Japanese press conference mentioned that these new handhelds would not come with an A/C adapter. You would either have to buy a new one or use one from another handheld. If that's the case in the U.S., you might well have saved yourself more money.

Ok I feel better then. I got my 3DS for just $150 and new games are coming just around the corner. It´s all good.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FluxWaveZ
No Caption Provided

That no AC adapter thing is fucking madness. Having to buy something so fundamental to the system separately... Yuck.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By grilledcheez

I don't have one yet, but I think I would rather have the smaller version, you know, for portability and whatnot.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

#25  Edited By ManMadeGod

Wait, the circle pad pro is not going to work on this because the device is larger (right?). So now what? Circle pad pro XL?

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By kindgineer

I will probably end up buying this version, simply for the fact that I cannot pass up another Luigi's Mansion game. However, the fact that it will not come with a power device is fucking disgusting.

ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ManMadeGod

Also Engadget has reported that the systems comes with a 4GB SD card

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@ManMadeGod said:

Also Engadget has reported that the systems comes with a 4GB SD card

Yeah, Reggie said as much during the stream.

But we (North America) only get Red and Blue? What the fuck is wrong with Nintendo. RED AND BLUE!? Japan gets:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Ugh.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Ace829
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Ace829 said:

UPDATE: A/C Adapter WILL come with 3DS XL in USA. It's not coming with the devices in Japan-only. You can all exhale now. XD

Nintendo and their super clear messaging strikes again.

Someone on NeoGAF posted a comparative table of handheld pixel density:

96 -- 3DSXL 128 -- Original PSP 132 -- 3DS 163 -- Original iPhone 219 -- Samsung Galaxy SII 221 -- PS Vita 326 -- Retina iPhone
I'll need to see how the games look before I seriously think about picking one up.
Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ace829

@Deusx: While the A/C adapter thing was confirmed to be false (for America at least) @FluxWaveZ pointed out something interesting to validate your original 3DS purchase if you still care.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Deusx

@Ace829: Interesting, more things to be happy then. At first I was afraid but now I understand, the 3DS XL is not a revision because it has zero new hardware, no exclusive content, doesn't force 3DS owners to upgrade at all. It's just a bigger thing. I like my handhelds to be small, thank you very much.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#33  Edited By Hailinel

@FluxWaveZ said:

It's not a revision. It's just a larger version of the same model. The functionality is exactly the same.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By Justin258

Can I get a motherfuckin' second analog stick? Since, you know, one should have been included in the first place?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Hailinel said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

It's not a revision. It's just a larger version of the same model. The functionality is exactly the same.

A larger version with enhanced battery life and different "Start" and "Select" buttons. In my mind, that's a "revision" and it probably is in most people's as well. I'd call the DS Lite, the DSi and the DSi XL "revisions", too. Same with the different PSP models and the PSP Go.

Additionally, he specifically stated that Nintendo was happy with where the 3DS was at.

eirikr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By eirikr

With Soul Hackers arriving just 11 days later, now I feel a little bit better about having to buy a Japanese 3DS to play it on. 

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@Razorlution said:

The problem I have with these remakes is that they just enlarge the screen, they dont improve the resolution. Every game gets that stretched look.

I thought this as well until I got a DSi XL and realized it wasn't a problem.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By Hizang

I don't know how to feel about this, I mean this must be a lot heavier right, also how is the battery life?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#39  Edited By BeachThunder

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Hailinel said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

A larger version with enhanced battery life and different "Start" and "Select" buttons.

Good; the current Start/Select buttons are garbage. I don't know why they decided to make them so hard to push =/

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#40  Edited By Hailinel

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Hailinel said:

@FluxWaveZ said:

A larger version with enhanced battery life and different "Start" and "Select" buttons. In my mind, that's a "revision" and it probably is in most people's as well. I'd call the DS Lite, the DSi and the DSi XL "revisions", too. Same with the different PSP models and the PSP Go.

Additionally, he specifically stated that Nintendo was happy with where the 3DS was at.

The DSi XL was no differerent than the DSi, other than being larger. Functionality was still the same. If literally the only things different between the 3DS and the XL model are battery life length and the Start/Select buttons, that's not enough to call Nintendo out. Of course they'd want to improve the battrery life; particularly for a model that features a larger screen display.

Seriously, you're not calling Miyamoto a liar, here. It's literally the exact same handheld, but larger. All of the important features are exactly the same as they are on the standard size 3DS. There is nothing about the new XL model that would or should convince anyone with a current 3DS that they need to upgrade, particularly since the larger XL model makes it more cumbersome as a portable.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@FluxWaveZ: Apparently U.S. shipments will come with AC adapters.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Hailinel: Dude, they even called it a revision during the Nintendo Direct and I've never even heard of this semantic difference between what's a "revision" or not before now. This was Miyamoto's specific quote: 

"I really feel like I'm satisfied with the 3DS hardware as it is. I feel like it's the best for this generation," Miyamoto told me, when I asked about the Nikkei's recent report about a 3DS XL, and whether his company did have plans for something similar. The Nintendo executive noted that his company is always thinking about what's next. "What we're thinking about right now is probably going to be for a future generation of handheld."

So yes, I am calling him out because he did lie.
NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NegativeCero

So I guess games that are better with a second analog are out of luck? I should probably go watch the archive.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hizang

I'm guessing they will release a bigger analog stick pro, or they might be trying to get away from those style of games due to the backlash.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By landon

Exactly why I didn't buy one.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Hizang
Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Solh0und

Geez by next year, I'll be buying a 3DS.  I already have a DS Lite i need to get repaired.

hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#48  Edited By hwy_61

I hope Gamestop has one of those trade up to promos.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Hizang: Yeah, but North America's the only one that gets the AC adapter, I believe. Still, I think I'd rather have the better color.
ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ManMadeGod

@Hizang said:

OH DUDE. Europe also get a silver colour!

"The system will be released in red and blue. Europe will also receive a silver option." - http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/22/nintendo-reveals-3ds-xl

I really only care about the white system: huge bummer that it's Japan only. I always liked the solid color systems.