A Field Trip to Harvest

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Hi everyone, I'm back with a slightly longer blog than usual this week. I hope you've all had a good week, I know I'm feeling pretty good right now. I've dedicated a good portion of this week to just playing Halo 3 and I'm really getting back into that again, although I'm still not exactly the best player ever, none the less I was very pleased yesterday to see that by some amazing twist of fate I'd managed to pick up a Killimanjaro medal (7 kills with each kill within 4 seconds of the last). Apart from Halo 3 I've played Rock Band 2 and the very odd game of other things.

Let's see, what else relevant to my interests has come out of this week? Well Bungie's given us a good look at Sandbox, the new forging playground in the Mythic map pack, Bob has descended further into craziness and added a disco ball to his work space and made his site start playing a MIDI-styled version of Stayin' Alive, Nintendo President Iwata has said that he feels that sales of Animal Crossing: City Folk and Wii Music are not what he wished, there has been a hilarious uncovering of fake PS2s, the Burnout Paradise Party Pack is out (with what looks like a slightly odd visual style) and although I'm sure I'm the only one interested there has also been a Puzzle Pirates update. (Wow, that's a lot of linkage).

3 days ago the Halo Wars demo hit the Xbox LIVE marketplace and I've downloaded and played and am very satisfied. At over 1GB it took a while to get (especially as my connection wasn't at its best at the time) but it was worth it. Although the graphics looked top notch, I was confident there was going to be a solid plotline and I pretty much love anything Halo, I was wondering if the gameplay was all that solid but I kept my hopes up knowing that Ensemble had control of this project and there's not really anyone I'd rely on for a good RTS more than them. From what can be told of the demo they have produced a very enjoyable Halo-RTS experience, the 360-oriented control scheme gives a fluid feel to controlling the game, the missions were well designed and the general progression of unit-building, upgrades and base expansion was good. I'm more stoked than ever for the final product.

Thank you all for reading, especially if your name is Kingrich06 or PJ24, both you guys have stayed supporting my blog and I'm really thankful for it, know that I'm watching everything you write too. This week I'll leave you guys with Giant Bomb's collection of images of what games would look like if they were the covers of 60s (don't ask). Peace out.

-Gamer_152

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Hi everyone, I'm back with a slightly longer blog than usual this week. I hope you've all had a good week, I know I'm feeling pretty good right now. I've dedicated a good portion of this week to just playing Halo 3 and I'm really getting back into that again, although I'm still not exactly the best player ever, none the less I was very pleased yesterday to see that by some amazing twist of fate I'd managed to pick up a Killimanjaro medal (7 kills with each kill within 4 seconds of the last). Apart from Halo 3 I've played Rock Band 2 and the very odd game of other things.

Let's see, what else relevant to my interests has come out of this week? Well Bungie's given us a good look at Sandbox, the new forging playground in the Mythic map pack, Bob has descended further into craziness and added a disco ball to his work space and made his site start playing a MIDI-styled version of Stayin' Alive, Nintendo President Iwata has said that he feels that sales of Animal Crossing: City Folk and Wii Music are not what he wished, there has been a hilarious uncovering of fake PS2s, the Burnout Paradise Party Pack is out (with what looks like a slightly odd visual style) and although I'm sure I'm the only one interested there has also been a Puzzle Pirates update. (Wow, that's a lot of linkage).

3 days ago the Halo Wars demo hit the Xbox LIVE marketplace and I've downloaded and played and am very satisfied. At over 1GB it took a while to get (especially as my connection wasn't at its best at the time) but it was worth it. Although the graphics looked top notch, I was confident there was going to be a solid plotline and I pretty much love anything Halo, I was wondering if the gameplay was all that solid but I kept my hopes up knowing that Ensemble had control of this project and there's not really anyone I'd rely on for a good RTS more than them. From what can be told of the demo they have produced a very enjoyable Halo-RTS experience, the 360-oriented control scheme gives a fluid feel to controlling the game, the missions were well designed and the general progression of unit-building, upgrades and base expansion was good. I'm more stoked than ever for the final product.

Thank you all for reading, especially if your name is Kingrich06 or PJ24, both you guys have stayed supporting my blog and I'm really thankful for it, know that I'm watching everything you write too. This week I'll leave you guys with Giant Bomb's collection of images of what games would look like if they were the covers of 60s (don't ask). Peace out.

-Gamer_152

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Lies
SmugDarkLoser said:
""
This glitch is seriously one of the most hilarious things that has happened in a long time.

Me, I'm personally excited for Halo Wars for the Mythic Map Pack and the AMAZING CG cutscenes. It's so nice to see the Halo universe that way. Blur did an amazing job; I have a screen from the opening cinematic as my wallpaper right now.