Achievements?

obscurefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

Hey folks, just a quick question about the new site. I'm sure this has already been addressed so sorry if people have already asked this a dozen times already but I'm curious about what happened to the achievements. I don't mean the points and quest, I mean the actual XBox Achievements and PS3 Trophies. I really enjoyed coming on the site and seeing how many people won what and what was rare, etc, so I was wondering if they were now gone from the site or if they were just being added later. Thanks.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

They are not integrated yet.

Bigheart711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By Bigheart711

Nope, not yet. I hope the new Achievements function(s) look really cool, though.

LarsHJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By LarsHJ

The achievement integration gave something more and extra that was hard to find elsewhere, mostly the cross platform stats and rarity information.

This functionality Needs to return sooner rather than later please.

superbobafett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 12

Love the new site! Definitely looking forward to the achievement/trophy tracking system being put back in though - one of my favourite features.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@larshj said:

The achievement integration gave something more and extra that was hard to find elsewhere, mostly the cross platform stats and rarity information.

Yes, thousand times this. Also it was great when trying gauge opinions about games.

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@larshj said:

Yes, thousand times this. Also it was great when trying gauge opinions about games.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

I thought Dave said, to my disappointment, that they weren't going to add that functionality until the new consoles came out.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9  Edited By me3639

@larshj

said:

^^^^ + i use it for credibility purposes when reading blogs or discussions from posters. Its a good way to tell me if their praise or hate is warranted and that they actually played the game. I cant tell you how many times i read a negative post, checked their achievements and either they never synched, or only played the game sparingly. The lack of that information, to me at least for the most part, has regulated the forums to simple questions and polls.

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

@me3639:

That seems slightly creepy

I like the tracking, but considering the massive overhaul those guys just did, I'm not going to get too worked up about it. If they get it back,great. If not, I won't worry about it because it sounds like the job is made much more difficult by the way MS, Sony and Valve handle their systems that don't make it easy to get the data from.

And before you mention other sites that do it, those sites are probably dedicated to achievement/trophy tracking and have a group of people dedicated to that exact purpose. GB is a database first, so you can't expect them to prioritize that type of thing.

Although one could argue that achievements associated with a game is info that should be archived,I don't necessarily think that individual user tracking would fall into that category

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mildmolasses:

I dont understand your creepy comment? All i said is i used it, as its the only way because i don't know these people, to verify if authors were genuine in what they were writing or commenting. If you believe everything you read, ive got some magic beans i might want to sell ya if you are interested.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#12  Edited By hollitz

I miss 'em, darn it. The best thing about Steam achievements is being able to see what percentile of people completed certain ones. Hopefully Sony and Microsoft will build that kind of data into their stuff eventually.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I liked the feature a whole lot and hope for its eventual return; however, I would not expect them to even think about re-implementing that feature until the site is more stable and the videos work a lot better.

Railer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

While I'm going to miss the achievement integration on the site i understand why they didn't implement it with new systems on the way and the re-launch of the website.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

@gla55jaw said:

I thought Dave said, to my disappointment, that they weren't going to add that functionality until the new consoles came out.

It totally makes sense though. The risk is too high of them putting loads of time in to making a system and Microsoft/Sony going either "check out this cool new API we made" or worse, "We blocked everything now".