Advice for Folks who preordered either console on Amazon.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By mrfluke

https://twitter.com/aegies/status/348115192028229632

https://twitter.com/aegies/status/348114304031154176

found this from resident troll arthur gies's twitter, gotta hand it to him its pretty good advice.

for those that don't wanna swallow the whole price of whatever console you preordered, you can apparently buy amazon gift cards and use them towards lowering the price of your preorders, that way come oct-nov (ps4 rumored for oct) you wont have much to pay for or you wont have to pay for nothing.

that is all.

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

That's smart. Just as easy to put that money aside in a console fund, but this ensures zero temptation. Thanks for the heads up.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reisz said:

That's smart. Just as easy to put that money aside in a console fund, but this ensures zero temptation. Thanks for the heads up.

exactly, i wager we're not the only ones that would be tempted to blow their console funds :P.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Internet layaway.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sergio said:

Internet layaway.

kind of :P

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Had no idea you could do that. I might do that some. Thanks for posting about and to Arthur for tweeting it.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Yeah, I heard about this. Thanks for the reminder!

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

I'm doing this every preorder i place for the rest of my life.

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I haven't preordered, but that deserves the goddamn Nobel Prize.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't preordered, but that deserves the goddamn Nobel Prize.

lol

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daneian said:

I'm doing this every preorder i place for the rest of my life.

its a genius idea to pay off for a game piece by piece.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So wait, can you retroactively apply gift cards to pre-orders after placing the order or do you just buy the gift cards over a set period of time and then use them before the console launches?

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So wait, can you retroactively apply gift cards to pre-orders after placing the order or do you just buy the gift cards over a set period of time and then use them before the console launches?

im guessing both, as in once you have your preorder in you can apply gift cards to it to chip away at it,

a bit of confusing wording

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mrfluke

@themanwithnoplan: drag and drop it into where your writing comments and the gif would work.

deadmanforking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah starting doing this the other day. Forgot I had £120 in Amazon Gift cards, so tossed them onto the PS4 pre-order, now only £229. After I get paid next week I'll toss anther £100 on to it.

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Good idea Arthur Gies, for once. Thanks OP for sharing this, otherwise I would have never saw it.

You buy the gift cards now, so Amazon would charge you now. You can then redeem them on the bottom of your order details page. While you can get that credit back if you cancel the pre-order, they'll be locked to that order otherwise so you can't accidentally spend it on a different order.

Avatar image for deactivated-59123fe38ab28
deactivated-59123fe38ab28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

What exactly is he doing?

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By Dallas_Raines

@chrismafuchris: He's chipping away at his pre-orders with gift cards in the months leading to release.

kkotd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was one of the reasons I couldn't quite understand people saying 'DONT PREORDER YOU IDIOTS!!!!1111!!!'

You can cancel anytime, if you preordered early enough you're going to get it Day 1 and you get the lowest price if you preorder through Amazon. There's literally no risk... Well other than the console malfunctioning day 1, catching fire to your house and giving you lung cancer... But I mean, come on... They've surely worked out all the bugs in this day and age... Wait, what do you mean my PS3 was bricked by a firmware update!?! -throws shit- :P

sterbacblu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@kkotd said:

This was one of the reasons I couldn't quite understand people saying 'DONT PREORDER YOU IDIOTS!!!!1111!!!'

You can cancel anytime, if you preordered early enough you're going to get it Day 1 and you get the lowest price if you preorder through Amazon. There's literally no risk... Well other than the console malfunctioning day 1, catching fire to your house and giving you lung cancer... But I mean, come on... They've surely worked out all the bugs in this day and age... Wait, what do you mean my PS3 was bricked by a firmware update!?! -throws shit- :P

Absolutely. Some co-workers were reluctant to pre-order and finally I asked them "you do realize you don't pay for it til it ships, right?" Then they all pre-ordered. As for the gift card thing, paying about $55 a week starting in July through the beginning of November would pay off both my pre-orders. Makes it sound more reasonable. Just a little more reasonable, though...

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mrfluke

@kkotd said:

Absolutely. Some co-workers were reluctant to pre-order and finally I asked them "you do realize you don't pay for it til it ships, right?" Then they all pre-ordered. As for the gift card thing, paying about $55 a week starting in July through the beginning of November would pay off both my pre-orders. Makes it sound more reasonable. Just a little more reasonable, though...

i believe gamestop requires a 100 bucks up front though for the console.

yes you can get it back, figured id mention it though.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Thanks for the tip.