Almost two weeks done and over halfway through both games.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

Edited By ArcBorealis

Since last week on Monday, I have been playing through games in my backlog that I've been wanting to go through again and beat, but couldn't because of time and/or new releases and stuff that kept distracting me. To counteract this, I created schedules for each of my games, telling me what parts I would have to play for each day. Sure, this means spreading out game a game's length for almost a month, but given that I'm steadily starting to get more homework at school, and new releases on the way have me excited, I do think this will end up helping me in the long run.  

So, how far have I gotten in my first two games? Well, last night, I reached the halfway point in Mario 64 with a total of 60 stars, and collected another 5 stars today, giving me a total of 65. 
In OoT, I got the Iron Boots from the Ice Cavern on Friday as well, and today I will go through one of the most hated dungeouns in Zelda history. The Water Temple. 

You think having played through the game in a total of around 5 times I would know exactly what to do in every dungeoun, including the Water Temple, right? Sadly, my memories of frustration in said temple keep making have to look up a walkthrough on what to do next. The even weirder thing is that the part where I do get stuck, is never the same spot. The place just brings back those memories, and add that with that you need to change the water level, makes back tracking a pain if you missed something. I don't save my progress midway through a dungeoun in ANY zelda game because of this.If I'm totally lost and need a break, I don't save. If I die, I don't save either. Much prefered to do it all in one sitting. 

Maybe I'll get through it this time without any help, I dunno. Just the problems I had with that dungeoun before makes it my least favorite. 

BTW, if you noticed, on the 12th day since I started my backlog journey I reached 60 stars. I've been collecting 5 stars a day, so my plathrough for this game will last 24 days. How much is my Ocarina of Time playthrough going for? 

Based on the segments I've set up, I've got 21 days, and that is for the bare minimum. I've planned a gap between what WOULD be the 21st day, the final battle with Ganondorf, extending it to 3 days inorder to collect all heart pieces and gold skulltulas. Collect EVERYTHING, which was a feat I remember pulling off years in ago in this game, which was incredibly satisfying for me. Best moments I remembered having in a game. 

So yeah, the journey's been succesfull so far. 

And also, since I plan to finish both games on the 24th day, I definetely want to have my next two games ready. I'm planning for one of them to be Ratchet and Clank (the first). I want to play the games in order, so no simultanous play with the series. 

Which one do want me to play along side the furry and robotic duo? 
Again, my other games I will play are: 

DK Jungle Beat 
Okami   
Paper Mario*
Sly Cooper and the Thievious Racoonus 
Star Fox Adventures 
Super Mario Galaxy**
Super Smash Bros Brawl*** 
LoZ Twilight Princess 
LoZ Wind Waker 

*though I listed the game there, don't tell me to play it, as I'm still working on that game's schedule. It's just one I do plan on doing later
**this will be a game with two playtroughs, since luigi is playable. 
***two modes I will go through. The Subspace Emissary and the Event Matches 

Leave a suggestion in the comments or PM if you wish.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ArcBorealis

Since last week on Monday, I have been playing through games in my backlog that I've been wanting to go through again and beat, but couldn't because of time and/or new releases and stuff that kept distracting me. To counteract this, I created schedules for each of my games, telling me what parts I would have to play for each day. Sure, this means spreading out game a game's length for almost a month, but given that I'm steadily starting to get more homework at school, and new releases on the way have me excited, I do think this will end up helping me in the long run.  

So, how far have I gotten in my first two games? Well, last night, I reached the halfway point in Mario 64 with a total of 60 stars, and collected another 5 stars today, giving me a total of 65. 
In OoT, I got the Iron Boots from the Ice Cavern on Friday as well, and today I will go through one of the most hated dungeouns in Zelda history. The Water Temple. 

You think having played through the game in a total of around 5 times I would know exactly what to do in every dungeoun, including the Water Temple, right? Sadly, my memories of frustration in said temple keep making have to look up a walkthrough on what to do next. The even weirder thing is that the part where I do get stuck, is never the same spot. The place just brings back those memories, and add that with that you need to change the water level, makes back tracking a pain if you missed something. I don't save my progress midway through a dungeoun in ANY zelda game because of this.If I'm totally lost and need a break, I don't save. If I die, I don't save either. Much prefered to do it all in one sitting. 

Maybe I'll get through it this time without any help, I dunno. Just the problems I had with that dungeoun before makes it my least favorite. 

BTW, if you noticed, on the 12th day since I started my backlog journey I reached 60 stars. I've been collecting 5 stars a day, so my plathrough for this game will last 24 days. How much is my Ocarina of Time playthrough going for? 

Based on the segments I've set up, I've got 21 days, and that is for the bare minimum. I've planned a gap between what WOULD be the 21st day, the final battle with Ganondorf, extending it to 3 days inorder to collect all heart pieces and gold skulltulas. Collect EVERYTHING, which was a feat I remember pulling off years in ago in this game, which was incredibly satisfying for me. Best moments I remembered having in a game. 

So yeah, the journey's been succesfull so far. 

And also, since I plan to finish both games on the 24th day, I definetely want to have my next two games ready. I'm planning for one of them to be Ratchet and Clank (the first). I want to play the games in order, so no simultanous play with the series. 

Which one do want me to play along side the furry and robotic duo? 
Again, my other games I will play are: 

DK Jungle Beat 
Okami   
Paper Mario*
Sly Cooper and the Thievious Racoonus 
Star Fox Adventures 
Super Mario Galaxy**
Super Smash Bros Brawl*** 
LoZ Twilight Princess 
LoZ Wind Waker 

*though I listed the game there, don't tell me to play it, as I'm still working on that game's schedule. It's just one I do plan on doing later
**this will be a game with two playtroughs, since luigi is playable. 
***two modes I will go through. The Subspace Emissary and the Event Matches 

Leave a suggestion in the comments or PM if you wish.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By sjschmidt93

Play Galaxy. It's amazing.

WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

I'd say Wind Waker, as that's my favourite from that list [although pretty much everything in there is awesome] but it's probably best to leave a break in between titles in the same franchise so you don't burn out on them. Go through SSBB, great fun and having a friend around won't prevent you from making progress in it.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

For the Water Temple, I always said, "Fuck this", and went to a walkthrough :P.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ArcBorealis
@Video_Game_King said:
"For the Water Temple, I always said, "Fuck this", and went to a walkthrough :P. "
I was pretty much like that, minus actually saying "Fuck this"