Am I the worst blogger ever?

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By calidan777

Maybe, but that's what happens when you work a full time job and have a family to tend to. Don't get me wrong though, I love to write, unfortunately I rarely have the time to do all the things that I like.

Like, for instance, gaming; obviously I love to play games, and I still buy a lot of games, I just don't have the time to play them all. I've got at least 4 to 5 games (Batman:Arkham Asylum, Bayonetta, BioShock 2) that I've bought over the last few weeks that I haven't even put in. Which is a damn shame when you consider the plethora of quality games that are steadily coming out.

Of course, there's also Mass Effect 2, which is probably the main reason I'm not playing anything else.

That game is good, really good. I've actually spent most of my time scanning planets the last few nights. It's a strange addiction because it's not that scanning planets is great fun or anything, but at the same time I can't seem to stop doing it. I even added up how much of each element I needed to buy every upgrade available. I even have a system that I use: I start at the top of the planet, rotating it left to right while slowly moving down until the planet's resources are depleted. Yes, it's pretty sad.

Of course coming across the occasional "anomaly detected" also helps to mix it up a bit. Even though these "side missions" are pretty shallow, they still help to break up the monotony of planet scanning. (MINOR SPOILER AHEAD) Last night after having scanned planets for a good 2 hours, I was starting to think that maybe I'd had my fill of it, and then I came across a star system plainly named "local cluster". Curious as to what this "local cluster" was I entered the system, it only took a second for me to realize that I recognized the names of these planets: Pluto, Uranus, Neptune....wait a second, this our solar system!

Something so small as including our solar system on the galaxy map, even though you can't really do much with it, makes such a huge difference to me. I've spent so much time exploring alien worlds and star systems that just seeing our solar system, and more specifically Earth, brought a smile to my face, it was "home". I feel like it adds some "gravity" to the game. Just being able to go back and fly my little Normandy around Earth is calming.

It's the little things like this that are making Mass Effect 2 such an awesome game for me. I can't wait to see what happens next.

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By calidan777

Maybe, but that's what happens when you work a full time job and have a family to tend to. Don't get me wrong though, I love to write, unfortunately I rarely have the time to do all the things that I like.

Like, for instance, gaming; obviously I love to play games, and I still buy a lot of games, I just don't have the time to play them all. I've got at least 4 to 5 games (Batman:Arkham Asylum, Bayonetta, BioShock 2) that I've bought over the last few weeks that I haven't even put in. Which is a damn shame when you consider the plethora of quality games that are steadily coming out.

Of course, there's also Mass Effect 2, which is probably the main reason I'm not playing anything else.

That game is good, really good. I've actually spent most of my time scanning planets the last few nights. It's a strange addiction because it's not that scanning planets is great fun or anything, but at the same time I can't seem to stop doing it. I even added up how much of each element I needed to buy every upgrade available. I even have a system that I use: I start at the top of the planet, rotating it left to right while slowly moving down until the planet's resources are depleted. Yes, it's pretty sad.

Of course coming across the occasional "anomaly detected" also helps to mix it up a bit. Even though these "side missions" are pretty shallow, they still help to break up the monotony of planet scanning. (MINOR SPOILER AHEAD) Last night after having scanned planets for a good 2 hours, I was starting to think that maybe I'd had my fill of it, and then I came across a star system plainly named "local cluster". Curious as to what this "local cluster" was I entered the system, it only took a second for me to realize that I recognized the names of these planets: Pluto, Uranus, Neptune....wait a second, this our solar system!

Something so small as including our solar system on the galaxy map, even though you can't really do much with it, makes such a huge difference to me. I've spent so much time exploring alien worlds and star systems that just seeing our solar system, and more specifically Earth, brought a smile to my face, it was "home". I feel like it adds some "gravity" to the game. Just being able to go back and fly my little Normandy around Earth is calming.

It's the little things like this that are making Mass Effect 2 such an awesome game for me. I can't wait to see what happens next.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By CornontheCobbe
@calidan777: Far from the worst my friend. It's only normal that you have tons of games that you have to catch up on. Heck, i just bought 6 games in the past 2 weeks and i have a hell of a lot more to still play through. 

Dead Space, Hitman: Blood Money, Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield: Bad Company, Mass Effect 2, and then Bioshock 2 today.

I still have not decided which one to start off with really. Have played a bit of each, here and there. 

However Mass Effect 2 as you mentioned is amazing so far. Still have to get into it more. I have not tried this planet scanning yet, but I'd say that if they included our solar system in the game, then that is dedication.

And there is quite a line up of other great games coming out this year. It will be a productive gaming year needless to say.
Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Th3_James

If you have to ask.....

DJL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DJL

I didn't read this blog, nor do I know who you are, but because I'm an ass, I will say you are the worst blogger. :)

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Vinchenzo

Did not read blog, did look at picture. Picture was hilarious.

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Eh, there really isn't anything wrong with your situation, I am probably worse.  For example I have had Metroid Prime 3 sitting on my shelf collecting dust ever since I got it, its not that I don't want to play it, but when I feel like playing it I remember Dragon Age Origins or other games.  So it really isn't that bad putting games off, as long as you get around to them and not waste the money spent on them.  I for example probably wasted money on Metroid because I have no idea when I'll get around to it, its been 2 years already, probably will be 2 more at the rate I'm going.  So you are definitely not the worst at this.

calidan777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By calidan777
@CornontheCobbe Sounds like we're in the same boat, even some of the same games, lol. And yeah, just thinking about how much money I'll probably spend this year on games scares me, a lot, lol.
@Th3_James I know, I know, lol.

@DJL lol, I left myself open for that.

@Vinchenzo  Yeah, I love these photoshopped Tali pics, there's a bunch of them over on Bioware's Mass Effect forum.

@Boom_goes_the_dynamite  Glad to see that I'm not alone in my neglect, lol, You really should give Metroid Prime 3 a shot though, it's a really great game. How  is Dragon Age? I heard it was really long, I can see that consuming a lot of time, lol.
armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By armaan8014

@CornontheCobbe: Well at least you started on something... I haven't played a game from MONTHS (Last new game I played was Batman:AA in October.. missed all the great titles)  Then I played Dead space cause I was going crazy.. I want to play DA:O so bad!
This is all because of my Finals in march.. once they're over I'll finally game again!

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

You are far from the worst blogger ever. I thought you're blog seemed pretty interesting while I've seen bloggers on sites like Gamespot do truly horrible things to the English language.