An update on "my" gaming life

rivalbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By rivalbro

Games are fun! Wow! I'm going to be 24 tomorrow and still remain a boy whole loves video games. How can I not love them? VG's were a part of my growing up! Most people read books or magazines to try to fall asleep, I get the DS or the PSP to fall asleep! Games, I think, are an escape from reality to a sanctuary of happiness, murder without guilt, running traffic offences, and doing whatever the hell you want! (GTA). But even though I love video games, it's just sad to not be able to get into them as much as I did before. First I thought the capitalists have ruined the whole gaming franchise but actually it wasn't them, things have advanced and I felt left out for a while that's why I was thinking that. The earlier games like Super Mario on the NES, I used to know every single thing in it, every single tune it used to play, every single jump!

Now starting my MBA, I don't think I will get as much time into games as I did last year, it will be very tough but I have to carry on the gamer inside me! I think the difference from before would be that before I used to get every game which came out, had a HUGE library of games mainly for the PSOne and Xbox, but now I just get the popular games. I think this will get down to me only getting the popular sequels which I can trust to be worth the time spent on them. It's sure sad to know I wouldn't be able to play as much as talk about the games, but still the thought of getting to touch the controller and lose track of time while playing puts a smile on my face (and thoughts).

rivalbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rivalbro

Games are fun! Wow! I'm going to be 24 tomorrow and still remain a boy whole loves video games. How can I not love them? VG's were a part of my growing up! Most people read books or magazines to try to fall asleep, I get the DS or the PSP to fall asleep! Games, I think, are an escape from reality to a sanctuary of happiness, murder without guilt, running traffic offences, and doing whatever the hell you want! (GTA). But even though I love video games, it's just sad to not be able to get into them as much as I did before. First I thought the capitalists have ruined the whole gaming franchise but actually it wasn't them, things have advanced and I felt left out for a while that's why I was thinking that. The earlier games like Super Mario on the NES, I used to know every single thing in it, every single tune it used to play, every single jump!

Now starting my MBA, I don't think I will get as much time into games as I did last year, it will be very tough but I have to carry on the gamer inside me! I think the difference from before would be that before I used to get every game which came out, had a HUGE library of games mainly for the PSOne and Xbox, but now I just get the popular games. I think this will get down to me only getting the popular sequels which I can trust to be worth the time spent on them. It's sure sad to know I wouldn't be able to play as much as talk about the games, but still the thought of getting to touch the controller and lose track of time while playing puts a smile on my face (and thoughts).

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

Mario was fairly simplistic compared to modern games. You can still achieve that awareness in games, you just need to play much longer. Too bad time seems to be tight for you.