'Anonymous' says they're going to attack PSN (again)

• 89 results
harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By harinosho
@randiolo said:
" I don't know if i am just dumb or whatever but.. what compels someone to HATE a company like Sony? What did they do that was sooo bad that these " hackers" feel its their duty to attack Sony and their customers?  "
they took the OS away man.. they just goddamn took it away.. that and backwards capabilities...

...hacking just got real yo...
SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Vegsen said:
" There are some stupid people on the internet. "
Most. redundant. statement.  EVER.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#53  Edited By ajamafalous
@KaosAngel said:
" Holy fucking shit.Anonymous didn't hack PSN.  Doing a DDOS with the LOIC doesn't make you a god damn hacker.  But whatever, use them as scapegoats so when PSN keeps getting hacked you have people to blame while letting the real hackers go free.God damn retards. "
Thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.
lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By lavaman77
@MysteriousBob said:
" Hey guys I'm going to hack PSN next week and give out your credit card information.

Totally. Like, for real.
"
Im going to hack you and then show everyone all those nude pictures of seals. TAKE THAT!
Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By Elazul
@Choffy said:
" @Laketown said:
" are you an idiot or just gullible "
As gullible and stupid as CNET and Gizmodo, apparently."
So very, very gullible.

Seriously though dude, there is no evidence at all that Anonymous had anything to do with the security breach other than bogus statements from unconfirmed (or "anonymous".....heh) sources and horribly misinformed conjecture. Judging from their track record, the chances that they actually did it are slim to none.
phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By phish09

I don't get it.  How can one attack a network that isn't even up and running?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#57  Edited By KaosAngel
@phish09 said:
" I don't get it.  How can one attack a network that isn't even up and running? "
...dude, does this thread look like people are using logic?
PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Since it's clearly just a bunch of bullshit, I'm finding all of this very hard to care about.

LeYcH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By LeYcH

Either they're really butthurt over the Geohot thingy or they're just sad b******* with no lives

eldiax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By eldiax

Trolls be trolling, ignore this stuff.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By scarace360

Where is the sony private army when you need them.

FritzDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By FritzDude

This?

No Caption Provided

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@KaosAngel said:
" @phish09 said:
" I don't get it.  How can one attack a network that isn't even up and running? "
...dude, does this thread look like people are using logic? "
I'm going to attack your logic and hack your brain. 
Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#64  Edited By Tennmuerti
This thread is comedy gold, GOLD I say!

PS: is it me or has there been some sort of influx of the internet general pop into the GB forums recently? haven't seen so little clue in so many posts in a while
beej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By beej
@Tennmuerti said:
" This thread is comedy gold, GOLD I say!

Truth.
cheebaking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By cheebaking

I'm completely confused now. How are any attacks confirmed to be "anonymous" if they are just a loose group who call themselves that? If I was to make a youtube video saying I was anonymous and I hacked sony, how would anyone know that it was true or false? Like the video saying they denied this sony attack, how is it known whether that was genuine or not? Or am I just missing something here.    

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MeierTheRed

Yeaaaah, no!.

Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By Choffy
@Tennmuerti
This thread is comedy gold, GOLD I say!

PS: is it me or has there been some sort of influx of the internet general pop into the GB forums recently? haven't seen so little clue in so many posts in a while
I assume you're talking about me, and to that I say: I've been here way longer than you. Joined Day 1 but bad to create a new account because of some email problems with my old one (http://giantbomb.com/profile/choffy21)
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By KaosAngel
@Choffy: No, I think it's because you take everything that mentions 4chan at heart.  
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ryanwho

uguys whats the big deal uguys

Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Choffy
@KaosAngel
@Choffy: No, I think it's because you take everything that mentions 4chan at heart.  
I didn't mention 4chan, or cry foul. I posted a link to a Gizmodo article, a pretty damn reputable site that quoted CNET. Figured it was interesting and worth a post.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By KaosAngel
@Choffy said:
" @KaosAngel
I didn't mention 4chan, or cry foul. I posted a link to a Gizmodo article, a pretty damn reputable site that quoted CNET. Figured it was interesting and worth a post. "
Gizmodo is shit, and no one is stupid enough to even trust Gizmodo with tech news...and CNET is just as retarded.  If it isn't from ArsTechnia, Twit.tv, or another legit news source that does it's research it's not worth it.  

I'm going to hack PSN tonight, so make a thread about that. 
bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By bybeach

...When I see it.
cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#74  Edited By cornbredx

Anonymous isn't after your personal info or the info of private citizens.

They are deplorable wannabes, but none the less they have a strict guideline that makes them feel like Digital Robin Hoods of a sort (sorta quoting a song by a cool game reviewer here).

They only like to bother major media covered political/corporate figures for the attention but all together are fairly harmless in that they are not out to steal personal info from the people. This being said, hackers and hacker groups dont work like gangs at all and anyone can wear their tag at any time reporting to be affiliated with them. Because Anonymous is seeking so much attention, this has been the scape goat of late for any hacker actually trying to get away with something more sinister then what Anonymous does.

I think at the moment Anonymous would be better suited trying to lose all this attention as, for any real hacker, attention is the last thing you want and things like what I just described are the ultimate outcome. I think Anonymous should pull their efforts and attempt to stop the real hackers that are giving them the kind of attention they don't want- such as with stealing peoples personal info.

I am not sure if they have the ability or know how to do that though.

But that's just my opinion.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#75  Edited By geirr

(:

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

I prefer the Anonymous that tries to expose Scientology not the ones that makes Socom 4 pointless to own.

Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Pinworm45
@KaosAngel said:
" Holy fucking shit.Anonymous didn't hack PSN.  Doing a DDOS with the LOIC doesn't make you a god damn hacker.  But whatever, use them as scapegoats so when PSN keeps getting hacked you have people to blame while letting the real hackers go free.God damn retards. "
How do you know no one in a group of thousands of people without any form of leadership (as much as a few people like to take credit) who remain anonymous didn't do it? You might as well say "white people didn't do it". How do you know? Because some white guy said they didn't?
THRICE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By THRICE

CNET didn't name anonymous they said a tip came from a chat room. About as reliable as the times citing a message board post as info. 

Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Choffy
@KaosAngel
@Choffy said:
" @KaosAngel
I didn't mention 4chan, or cry foul. I posted a link to a Gizmodo article, a pretty damn reputable site that quoted CNET. Figured it was interesting and worth a post. "
Gizmodo is shit, and no one is stupid enough to even trust Gizmodo with tech news...and CNET is just as retarded.  If it isn't from ArsTechnia, Twit.tv, or another legit news source that does it's research it's not worth it.  

I'm going to hack PSN tonight, so make a thread about that. 
That's your opinion. I like Gizmodo and enjoy their stuff. CNET I could do without but whatever. All sites can be prone to faulty tips and when there's pressure to be first with a story, its not always 100% right (i.e. 2000 Election). But Gizmodo gained a lot in my eyes with the iPhone 4 fiasco and I give them the benefit of the doubt as of lately.
Silock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80  Edited By Silock

I think this is all getting a little out of hand, when the services do come online later this week (maybe) I am pretty sure they will stay online, as I am sure they have finally upgraded their security. 

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#81  Edited By Tennmuerti
@Choffy: Not talking about you at all.
Selftest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Selftest

The really funny thing is everyone throwing around the word "Anonymous" like it's some insane, centralized "hacker" group. 

This shit feels like the early days of the Internet, when you could send someone a picture with a BackOrifice script over ICQ, and then open a motherfuckers CD tray. 

Deeveeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Deeveeus
@KaosAngel said:
" @Tennmuerti: I don't get how the fuck people are so blindly defending Sony these past few weeks.  Sony stated their firewalls were shit alongside their encryption, it's like the hardcore Sony fans are worse than the casual Apple fans right now.  Even the Apple fans flipped shit about the tracking, but...Sony loses all their information due to lax security, and the fanboys don't mind.EDIT:  Before some moron says I'm an Xbox fanboy, may I remind you to go to the Gran Turismo 5 page and the Versus XIII page. "
For me, I just don't see this as straight up just Sonys fault...I watch my accounts like a hawk because of ANY online credit card use, even online banking....these type people are waiting to jack accounts anyway they can, I just cancelled my accounts, got new cards and moved on. I don't see the point in sitting around and bitching incessantly about it...it has taught me is to take the time to buy the PSN cards at EB instead, and if I ever get an XBOX, i'll do the same there
Choffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Choffy
@Tennmuerti
@Choffy: Not talking about you at all.
You know what they say about assuming.
lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#85  Edited By lord_canti

dont think its real but if it is  GOOD LUCK  coz not only is sony going to be buffed up a hell of a lot there on high alert  and at this point NO ONE is going to be on there side because every sony user is probaly annoyed with this to some degree right now be it there details stolen  or the down time  or parents thinking there childs details are out there

Crocio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Crocio
@ch13696 said:
" How can you or Gizmodo say Anonymous is doing the attack when there's no mention of Anonymous. "
They'll say whatever they damn-well please! :-)
awe_stuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By awe_stuck
@Selftest:
its a hacker chat group. where script kiddies sit around talking cus theyre bored.. i personally dont have anything against them, they arent wrong with what theyre doing and by doing it they only risk imprisonment themselves (they arent blowing up buildings, at most its getting your messaged out through denial of service.). IDK Sony gets caught without pants and they blame hackers and not themselves. its pretty classic. when you hear large companies get hacked they usually blame themselves or explain how they couldnt have done anything to stop it... blah blah blah not Sony. just shows their lack of professionalism
tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#88  Edited By tourgen
@cheebaking said:
" I'm completely confused now. How are any attacks confirmed to be "anonymous" if they are just a loose group who call themselves that? If I was to make a youtube video saying I was anonymous and I hacked sony, how would anyone know that it was true or false? Like the video saying they denied this sony attack, how is it known whether that was genuine or not? Or am I just missing something here.     "
no, you aren't missing anything and you absolutely get it.
Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KILL IT WITH FIRE SONY!

Artist's representation of Anonymous
Artist's representation of Anonymous