Another Baseless "Games Aren't Art" Article

Teirdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Edited By Teirdome

Just in case you missed the absurdity and want to help some crazed movie critic with his click numbers, check this link out. His argument is so flawed that I do not even know where to begin.

Let's just stick to this ridiculous point in his article: why movies are art. After claiming that games aren't art because they're basically movies that require you to push buttons to advance the narrative, he claims that it is editing that makes movies an art form. Pause for you to laugh. Back with me yet?

Here's the deal.  With his article, you could replace Games with Cinema, Cinema with Novels, and Editing with Writing and his flawed logic would still hold up proving that movies aren't art because of books.  If games aren't art, then neither are movies.

Teirdome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Teirdome

Just in case you missed the absurdity and want to help some crazed movie critic with his click numbers, check this link out. His argument is so flawed that I do not even know where to begin.

Let's just stick to this ridiculous point in his article: why movies are art. After claiming that games aren't art because they're basically movies that require you to push buttons to advance the narrative, he claims that it is editing that makes movies an art form. Pause for you to laugh. Back with me yet?

Here's the deal.  With his article, you could replace Games with Cinema, Cinema with Novels, and Editing with Writing and his flawed logic would still hold up proving that movies aren't art because of books.  If games aren't art, then neither are movies.

ishotmrburns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By ishotmrburns
jonjonfiveO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0