Anyone have a connection to slow to watch the big live live show?

lonehuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lonehuon

I live in Australia so I couldn't watch the big live live show, live instead I was planning to watch the archived versions but for some reason unlike previous TNT's or other streams this stream is in such high quality that it takes 20 minutes or so to watch every five minutes of the programming any chance there is a lower res version to upload am I alone with these difficulties?

Rincewind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rincewind

Have you tried changing the quality to low and to progressive streaming?

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By Branthog

During the live streaming, I was saturating my 50mbps connection with other stuff and eventually GiantBomb popped up a dialogue box which asked "your connection seems slow; would you like to reduce the quality of this video to reduce bandwidth demand?". It was pretty nifty.

lonehuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lonehuon

Is it possible to change the quality of a Justin.tv archive?

sparks50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By sparks50

The  Justin.tv archive is running worse than the live stream for me for some reason.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I was watching from the UK and I had to lower the quality on the stream but I was able to watch, I found some of the block party stream much laggier though.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pazy

My connection isnt the best but I watched it live with one of the lower quality settings that it offers when you dont steam very well. Sadly it took a while to pop up and didnt always seem to work, and after a time it would revert to the standard quality which I cant really support. Perhaps its because my connection would support something in between the lower and the standard quality but it was very annoying to not have the option to manually set the streaming quality.

Im now downloading the Block Party video from the Justin.tv archive but there appears to be no way to download a lower quality so the two hour video is 1.6gb. Its not ideal but after a time I can watch the video.

sparks50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sparks50

Guys, let the archive load a bit before watching it. It works like the progressive videoplayer here on GB.