Anyone up for a Giant Bomb Community Top Ten GOTY 2012 podcast?

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Phatmac

I've been kicking around the idea of having a game of the year podcast with some Giant Bomb Duders. Problem is that I'd like for someone else to help the recording part of it since it is difficult for me. The podcast will probably just be about deciding the top ten games of the year. Perhaps we can get a big list of contenders for the top ten so that we don't miss anything. The point is that the people on the podcast will be deciding our own consensus GOTY top ten list. I'll let the bomb staff take care of all of their other fun categories. I haven't deicded when we should arrange a date for this. It will likely be in late December. I've already gotten requests from and to help do this podcast but there is always room for more. I'll be accepting people that have have been on here for a while and I'll probably pick people that I've interacted with. So if you'd like to argue with some duders on a GOTY top ten podcast be sure to say so in this thread. If you're the right person for this role I'll DM you further in order for this podcast to occur. You should have a decent podcast and internet so that the skype call can be done without much trouble. Don't be shy!

EDIT: I'd like to have 4-5 people on it. This'll make less crazy then it already is.

(These people aren't locks yet. Please post on here as there are plenty of slots left.) Potential People on this podcast:

jukezypoo

Back ups in case we need it:

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I love this idea and would like to be on the podcast myself. Thing is I currently have no mic but I might be able to get one in time. Just putting me out there.

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

#3  Edited By jeffrud

I've done podcasting, radio work, and could cut some bumpers for this. I'm also down for actually recording.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#4  Edited By Little_Socrates

I would love to do this also.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Tylea002

I am also up for this, done some podcastin' in my time and am 100% in.

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By dietmango

Hell yeah I'd be up for a podcast. I've done a few and did okay in them. Sign me up.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By toowalrus

I've got a face for radio! Unfortunately I haven't really played enough games this year to be able to properly contribute to the conversation, I've been busy with work and college... Ask again next year! Ill have graduated and (hopefully) have had the free time to have played everything I wanted to.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Ghostiet

I'd like to join if the time of it etc. would fit in with my time zone (GMT +1). I've played a shitload of games this year and participating in something like that will be cool, I just need to fix my fucking microphone.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Animasta

I'd be terrible because all I would do would be rail for Crusader Kings 2, but if too many people decide they want to you might wanna split it up into groups.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#10  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I might be down for such a thing, though I'm not sure if my laptop mic is especially recording friendly. (in terms of quality)

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#11  Edited By cornbredx

If it's done when I had time I would like to participate. I'm pretty sure my opinions would be generally outside the norm, though, and while I have played a lot this year I haven't played everything. So, I don't know if that matters. I'm interested though.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By musubi

I've got a headset and Skype and I've done podcasting before. Im game I suppose if you'll have me just let me know.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Phatmac

Argh. So many good people want to be on it. :(. I'll send each of you PMs on the games that you've played this year and other info in order for me to narrow this down. I want a limit to be 4-5 people in order for there to it to not be completely insane.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

This is an awesome thing to have happen. I would really like to do it, but unfortunately time has just not been on my side. Can't wait to hear the finished product though!

dourin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By dourin

Because I am insane and love doing podcasts, throw me into the pool of potentials as well. I currently do the Lincolncast (gb guild wars 2 podcast) as well as a general gaming one myself and @selfconfessedcynic and I are getting off the ground. I have a good recording mic, and play lots of games (though not always to completion)

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Sounds like you already have enough people. I'd just drunk the shit out of it anyway, and you are probably in some ridiculous timezone.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I would love to do this. I have played a bunch of games this year (most of the great ones) and would love to have my opinion out there. I have a list on the site of the games that I have finished if you want.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Bollard

I'm going to be really cheeky and plug our community podcast here as it seems relevant... I'm 1/4th (or 1/3rd depending on how you look at it) of The Mighty Electronic Box, and we do weekly podcasts.

Last year we had a pretty fun GOTY show, and we're certainly going to be doing another one again this year! All of us are Giant Bomb duders; in fact we're all from the UK too, if you want views from that side of the pond. Maybe we could make this a hub for all the user created GOTY casts this year?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By nightriff

I would love to do this but I haven't played enough of the contenders this year to be qualified. Easily Journey and Walking Dead are top 3 and I would take a Saints Row The Third stance with Asura's Wrath and make sure that gets recognized.

majormitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 31

#20  Edited By majormitch

Sounds like you've already got plenty of awesome duders willing to participate, but if you end up wanting/needing another I would be up for it. Sounds pretty fun!

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#21  Edited By pyromagnestir

If I recall correctly, the only 2012 releases that I've played are Journey and Mass Effect 3, so my top 10 would look something likes this:

1. Journey
  2. n/a
  3. n/a
  4. n/a
  5. Mass Effect 3
  6. n/a
  7. n/a
  8. n/a
  9. n/a
  10. n/a

Therefore I doubt I would be of any use for this sort of thing. Maybe next year.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Fredchuckdave

I have a James Earl Jones voice but my headset died several months ago, have a decent amount of input on 2012's major releases and a Costas-like position for talking.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#23  Edited By TobbRobb

I'd love to do some podcasting! But I usually have pretty... "Unique" reasons for liking games. That can either lead to interesting conversations, or me just not agreeing with anyone. And I really didn't like a lot a lot of games this year at all. SO maybe not the best person!

If you want someone to try and make Dark Souls GoTY two years in a row though, I'm here waiting!

Oh and in any case, make sure to advertise it when done, I'm at the very least going to listen to it.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Phatmac

@Sweep said:

Sounds like you already have enough people. I'd just drunk the shit out of it anyway, and you are probably in some ridiculous timezone.

I'd love to have you on Sweep. You'll be the first to know if there's an open spot for ya.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Phatmac

Be sure to let me know if you would like to record the whole thing. is currently slated to record the whole thing, but if he isn't present for the recording I'd like to have someone on the ready in order to replace him. Let me know if you'd be up for recording a podcast on skype!

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Animasta

honestly don't see hte reason why others can't do their own; also, you should make sure the group can work together and make compelling arguments and (maybe) be mildly funny before you lock in spots, honestly.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Winternet

This would be a pretty short podcast. From number 10 to number 1: Persona 4 Golden.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28  Edited By jkz

It seems like there's a ton of people volunteering, but I as well would put myself out there for it. I dunno, I've played a lot of games this year, I podcasted for a while in the past, and I'll likely have free time over the holidays, so if you need another / a back-up, I'd be down. Just lemme know

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Phatmac

@Animasta said:

honestly don't see hte reason why others can't do their own; also, you should make sure the group can work together and make compelling arguments and (maybe) be mildly funny before you lock in spots, honestly.

Others certainly can do their own. I'd honestly encourage it. I'm just organizing something that I've been wanting to do for a while now. This isn't the official giant bomb community goty podcast. If anyone is up for it then they can make their own podcast for it and gather people up. I also haven't locked anyone just yet. It's why I named it the potential people to be on it and not the people that will be on it. Anything can change so that's why I also decided to make a back up slot if anyone is absent during the day of recording. There are still slots open and I'll add people to that list by PMing people that posted here. I'm doing it the best I can. If you disapprove then I apologize.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Phatmac

@Chavtheworld said:

I'm going to be really cheeky and plug our community podcast here as it seems relevant... I'm 1/4th (or 1/3rd depending on how you look at it) of The Mighty Electronic Box, and we do weekly podcasts.

Last year we had a pretty fun GOTY show, and we're certainly going to be doing another one again this year! All of us are Giant Bomb duders; in fact we're all from the UK too, if you want views from that side of the pond. Maybe we could make this a hub for all the user created GOTY casts this year?

I don't wish to moderate a whole hub of GOTY podcasts and I never planned on this being the offical community GOTY podcast thread. This is just something that I've been wanting to do for a while now. People can certainly plug their own GOTY podcasts on here, but I don't want to moderate a whole hub of podcasts on this thread. You can certainly make a thread for that.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By Bollard

@Phatmac said:

@Chavtheworld said:

I don't wish to moderate a whole hub of GOTY podcasts and I never planned on this being the offical community GOTY podcast thread. This is just something that I've been wanting to do for a while now. People can certainly plug their own GOTY podcasts on here, but I don't want to moderate a whole hub of podcasts on this thread. You can certainly make a thread for that.

I was just suggesting it as an idea, since you got such a large number of responses there's no way you could have everyone on one cast! So if multiple ended up occurring it might have been cool to have them all in one place for people to see. But I understand you not wanting to have to collate all that.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Phatmac

@Chavtheworld said:

@Phatmac said:

@Chavtheworld said:

I was just suggesting it as an idea, since you got such a large number of responses there's no way you could have everyone on one cast! So if multiple ended up occurring it might have been cool to have them all in one place for people to see. But I understand you not wanting to have to collate all that.

Yeah, I don't want to leave everyone hanging on here. I also don't want to moderate a big hub of podcasts on the GOTY. That wasn't my intention but this got a bigger response then i anticipated. If there is anyone that wishes to host a GOTY podcast on here than let me know. I'll probably promote on here. I'm only one man so I don't want to host separate podcasts that have different groups of people on them.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Phatmac

If anyone is willing to host a podcast like this then reply to me. I'll promote it on here for sure. It should also only have the people that have posted on here. I obviously can't have everyone that posted here in one podcast. So why not have multiple ones?

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By cornbredx

If we had to have more than one I don't see why we can't just list them all in a thread (links or embedded or whatever) and make it the official thread of the Giant Bomb community game of the year podcasts or something like that. 

Just a thought and I don't mean this thread I mean a separate thread later.

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

Count me in!

Gotta start thinking of my top-ten list.

Vampyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#36  Edited By Vampyre

I'd be interested. I do pod casting for another website (hosting, recording, editing, talking) etc. I have also done some youtube work. I could possibly record if needed. Depends on my scheduled around the time of go live.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Phatmac

I'm not accepting anymore people as the list is big enough as it is. No one has PM'd me to lead another podcast. Someone will have to volunteer to host another podcast or I'll have to do 2 separate podcasts with different people. I dunno if I'd like that. :/

deathstroke75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deathstroke75

if you need an extra duder i'd be happy to tag along.