Arcade Cab Help

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By gla55jAw

Alright so I found this on craigslist/ebay. The cab is close to me so I can go pick it up, It's an Atari arcade cab, I will be getting everything except the monitor. The guy said since there is no bids I can make him an offer and he'll end the auction. What you think I should offer?

My plan is to take out the guts and figure out how mount an Xarcade 2 player joystick  in there and throw a PS2/Xbox and a Dreamcast since I I figure I would be able to play any fighting game I want instead of just one game. I would prob also throw a TV in there instead of a monitor.

Any help would be appreciated. Heres a pic of the cab

No Caption Provided
GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By GiantGUS

As far as price goes I don't know.
If you plan to put a PS2, a Dreamcast and a Xbox there I would suggest a monitor. Get a cheap 4:3 LCD one. If you connect the consoles with a vga box you'll get much better image quality, but a TV wouldn't be bad.

I think that's it, but you will have to remove a nice chunk off of the panel to put two arcade sticks there, but that's just less of a hassle than buying buttons and sticks and wiring it all.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By gla55jAw
GiantGUS said:
"As far as price goes I don't know.
If you plan to put a PS2, a Dreamcast and a Xbox there I would suggest a monitor. Get a cheap 4:3 LCD one. If you connect the consoles with a vga box you'll get much better image quality, but a TV wouldn't be bad.

I think that's it, but you will have to remove a nice chunk off of the panel to put two arcade sticks there, but that's just less of a hassle than buying buttons and sticks and wiring it all.
"

I didn't know about a vga box for a monitor, thanks. Yeah I don't know how to wire and put together a panel so it would be easier to put a stick in there.If I could get it to fit somehow, I was thinking this.

No Caption Provided

Or I could figure out how to get a couple of single sticks in there. The wood part I can deal with, I just don't know how to wire and sodder and whatnot.
GiantGUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By GiantGUS

Yeah that should do the job. just get the measurements first and see if it'll fit or if you'd have to add more wood to the base of the panel.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

We'll if your gutting the system your gonna have to gut the monitor as well since the monitor in there isn't going to be of sufficient quality to be worthwhile with a ps2 or dreamcast or xbox.
A high quality computer monitor or LCD monitor would work fine, wiring will be basic since your just puting systems in there as is and LCD will be far easier to mount then an CRT/tube monitor.

http://www.tmsoft.com/article-arcade.htm
http://arcadecontrols.com/arcade.htm

those are some sources.
http://www.google.com/search?q=build+your+own+gaming+cabinet&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

all you need to know can be found on that search.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

I would recommend the Vista Gaming VGA Box that I have. it has every connection you need and you can switch at will with the flick of a switch. Not every game supports VGA so it may be wise to get one.

• S-Video Cable
  • VGA Video Cable
  • Composite (RCA) Video Cable

No Caption Provided