are portable devices better

nukeybukey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By nukeybukey

Is it better to play a good game on a tv screen or portable device?            
                  For me it depends on the game. A game like portal or metroid for me would be more fun playing on the tv but sometimes a portable device is pretty cool aswell, its good for traveling and with the advances its good for online streeming. For me theyr both pretty much equal
Cubical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Cubical

I never touch a tiny ass screen when I am at home.

The only reason to use a tiny ass screen is when I am on the bus or at a coffee shop and I dont play long games or real games on the tiny screen i play stuff like tetris.

I hate playing old classic games on the screen it sucks balls and I have all the games at home anyway and I can plug them into my TV and sound system.

The only rule that I change for that is if the game is only on a tiny ass screen like. kid icarus uprising then I will play that on a tiny ass screen at home there is no choice.

Japanese Box Art
Japanese Box Art

Oh and I always get systems with bigger screens if they are an option

3ds XL I will be getting so i dont have to play on a even more tiny ass screen.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

Portable devices are different than consoles. Neither is inherently worse than the other, and a portable console played to its strengths (GBA) can be something very special.

Me? Handhelds are generally fine with me but I would give anything for all of them to have the ability to naturally display through a TV and be played with either the handheld itself or a more comfortable external controller. The DS is a pain to hold.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By toowalrus

@believer258 said:

Portable devices are different than consoles. Neither is inherently worse than the other, and a portable console played to its strengths (GBA) can be something very special.

The GBA SP is probably my favorite platform so far, out of both hand-helds and consoles (not counting the PC, of course), and I've owned most of 'em.

Muerthoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Muerthoz

I can't play games that have a lot of action on a portable. If there's a lot of movement going on, I need a big screen.

otzlowe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By otzlowe

I find myself working this way: I really tend to prefer games that have more "gamey" elements to them on portable consoles and things that are slower in pacing and maybe not as deep story-wise. I get really into tactical RPGs, lighter RPGs (Super Star Saga, for example) and puzzle games and such. I don't care for time wasters so much, but I really like having something that I can play at my leisure pretty much anywhere.

When I'm at home, I like the more cinematic stuff. Action RPGs, shooters, nearly anything unless it's got a fairly slow pacing. Then I either want to have it on PC or the ability to carry it around with me and play it procedurally.

Unfortunately, I haven't really been using my handhelds very much lately, but I find that I tend to have more memorable experiences with some of those games and kind of enjoy that freedom of taking a game with me. I like handhelds a little bit better, but there haven't been as many games on handhelds that I end up wanting to play. :(

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iam3green

i like my console gaming. i didn't really like handhelds too much.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Justin258

@TooWalrus said:

@believer258 said:

The GBA SP is probably my favorite platform so far, out of both hand-helds and consoles (not counting the PC, of course), and I've owned most of 'em.

I like my DS, but I have to admit that the GBA SP's simplicity and compact form is to this very day alluring, though I wouldn't get one since my DS does all of that and my PSP has a really good GBA emulator on it. Actually, my PSP might as well be a GBA these days...

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By kindgineer

@believer258 said:

@TooWalrus said:

@believer258 said:

I like my DS, but I have to admit that the GBA SP's simplicity and compact form is to this very day alluring, though I wouldn't get one since my DS does all of that and my PSP has a really good GBA emulator on it. Actually, my PSP might as well be a GBA these days...

Ooo, what emulator? I tried a couple a while back, but could never get one that acted correctly. For reference I have one of the original 2000's. Not sure if it's back-updated enough, though.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Justin258

@ck1nd said:

@believer258 said:

@TooWalrus said:

@believer258 said:

Ooo, what emulator? I tried a couple a while back, but could never get one that acted correctly. For reference I have one of the original 2000's. Not sure if it's back-updated enough, though.

GBSP, I believe. It's not hard to find, but you have to have custom firmware on your PSP. And I won't delve any further into that.

WMWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WMWA

Idk. I partake in all giant bomb on pretty much a strict mobile experience

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#12  Edited By pyromagnestir

I want to play games on my TV at all times. Console games? I wanna play 'em on my TV. PC games? I wanna play 'em on my TV. Handheld games? I wanna play 'em on my TV. Virtual Boy games? Well you get the idea.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SexyToad

Laptops! Can play almost any game!