No.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Marz

not really important, only if you got extra unlocks like costumes or game modes would i strive to unlock achievements.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By MysteriousBob

Not at all. Although if I'm only one or two off from perfection, it may get my attention and I would try and unlock them.

Grandprix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Grandprix

S-Ranks are a nice reward, especially if you've worked hard for them but I don't go out of my way to get them. Having said that, I'm a completionist and getting all the achievements for a game is one of the goals I set out to achieve.
Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Trilogy

Most of the time s ranks are not obtainable for me because of achievements that revolve around a dead multiplayer scene or dlc. 

If all the achievements are fun to get then I'll get a S-rank. That being said... I have no S ranks.

grugvoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By grugvoth

Not important but if they are reasonably achievable then yes I'll go for it (or at least the platinum trophy being a PS3 gamer). The main ones that I don't bother with are the grinding ones like the 10000 kills on competitive multiplayer in Resistance 2.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By DoctorWelch

If I really like a game, like Dead Space for example, I will try to get all the achievements, but I am not going to go out of my way to get the achievements in a game that I hate, or even in a game that I just sorta like. Achievements can be a positive thing for games that you already like, but can also be a negative thing when your playing crappy games. I often find myself playing through a game, even if I dont like it an hour in, simply to get a decent percentage of the achievement points. I always hate that feeling because I just wanna put the controller down, and usually send the game back into Gamefly, but at the same time I hate having that game on my list that only has like 70 points on it. But at the same time I will never go for the S-Rank in a game that is just decent. Like I said before though, when playing a really good game, achievement points are awesome because they give you another reason to keep playing that game.

Kiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Kiro

No, because sooner or later some shitty or overpriced DLC will fuck it up anyway.

nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By nukesniper

I like aiming for S-Ranks, but I'm realistic about my goals. If I am close to an S-Rank I would shoot for it, but usually I just aim for a high goal (compared to the average for the game on this site) like an A-Rank. 

Some games have a handful of achievements that make you want to slap the developer who put them in there just so they know that no one wants to get that dumb achievement (usually multiplayer grinding ones), but when a game has good achievements I'll do my best to get them all. 

A recent S-Rank for me was Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. I liked that one simply because it just got me to play a lot of those Genesis games, when really I probably would have just played Streets of Rage 2 and 3 a couple of times and be done with that game. I found out that I quite like a few of those games. Fatal Labyrinth to name one that surprised me.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By rjayb89  Online

Well, I'd like one more s-rank so I can get that 5 s-rank quest here, but under any other circumstance I don't really care.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Gmanall

I like S-ranks but DLC messes it up for me. Also games should not have achievements for MP it just makes me mad...

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Vinchenzo

Yes. Wanna count mine?

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By OllyOxenFree

Noooooooooooooooo.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Elazul

I don't really shoot for them out of the gate, but I am proud of the two I have. I guess it really depends on the game.

DaRaxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DaRaxor

Xbox, yes, on steam and other platforms it doesnt matter too much, but its nice to get