• 72 results
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Sin4profit

I use WASD, i've heard of dudes using TFGH, the extra left side buttons make sense but the idea of rebinding the keys for every game sounds like a nightmare so i never bothered to try it.

Though i'm designing a gaming chair that may have me replacing keyboard/mouse with a flight throttle/mouse...so that should be interesting.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By OfficeGamer

@believer258 said:

The only weird thing I do is map Quicksave to something relatively close.

I'm curious, what key would that be? Usually quicksave games have a lot of functions tied to most of the keyboard, like Deus Ex, Skyrim and Crysis.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By Justin258
@OfficeGamer

@believer258 said:

The only weird thing I do is map Quicksave to something relatively close.

I'm curious, what key would that be? Usually quicksave games have a lot of functions tied to most of the keyboard, like Deus Ex, Skyrim and Crysis.

G or V.
I usually do some minor remapping on most games anyway. Just not to this kind of crazy.
shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#54  Edited By shinboy630

I like to use WASD (or rather M/KB in general) if both control methods are viable, but I'm not one of those people that refuses to use a controller for some games that were obviously not made for M/KB, like Darksiders. However, trying to aim in something like an FPS with a stick makes me angry at the world.

@BabyChooChoo said:

Plus, I love the reactions I get when some PC dude tries to explain the glorious benefits of a KB&M and I'm literally like "I do not care."

I am of a similar mind, except reverse. I have had people tell me they always prefer controllers because "I can sit on the couch" and "analog beats WASD for movement" and I'm literally like "I do not care."

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By VoshiNova

Moving backwards and crouching would be difficult with that set-up. Interesting stuff though, as I rarely change from the default scheme.

gogosox82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By gogosox82

wasd for most things and somethings i use a controller. I used a controller for dead space 2 and assassin's creed 2.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Canteu

@Sweep: I've had this happen before too. A friend of mine would be 2nd DPS in our WoW raids using no hotkeys. It drove me insane. He couldn't beat me, but it still made me crazy knowing how whackadoo his methods were.

@believer258: I have quicksave on numpad + and quickload on numpad .

Save with my right hand, and makes sure you can't hit either by accident :D

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By Superkenon

I used to play shooters with Mouse 2 as Forward, W as Back, S as Jump, and most other things fairly normal, I guess. It sounds weird, but it worked pretty well. I liked having the most primary functions on the mouse.

Though nowadays I'm too lazy to use custom schemes.

Avatar image for fire_of_the_wind
Fire_Of_The_Wind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Fire_Of_The_Wind

When I first started playing Counter-Strike I used to switch the controls to the arrow keys, End for reload, Numpad 0 for jump, Ctrl for crouch, Shift for walk, I don't remember what else I used to change but these were my basic controls. Now I'm used to using WASD.

derevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By derevo

ESDF

T for USE

A for Crouch

Why would you not use the home keys?

SkankinPacman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#61  Edited By SkankinPacman

I am definitely a WASD gamer. Though QWER from MOBA's is pretty darn comfy but don't think that would work in any other style of game.

Also a controller for some games.

Leptok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Leptok

Started with arrow keys, then my step dad showed me ESDF, which gave you a few more keys on the left to bind things, but at some point I got tired of rebinding everything and just started going with WASD.

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Shortbreadtom

WSAD!

sgjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By sgjackson

Experimented with ESDF in my WoW days but it didn't stick. WASD for sure.

Diablah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By Diablah

I used the up, down, left, right arrow keys with ctrl, shift, enter, and numpad 0. I used these controls for hl, cs, tfc and so till about maybe 2005. By 2005 I just got tired of changing the controls for every game

jaycrockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 5

#66  Edited By jaycrockett

Lefty, so I use the arrow keys or the numeric pad. I always struggle with mapping the keys that are normally around wasd to a reasonable place.

Like many MMO's make use of the number keys or function key for the skill bar. Half the time I hit the keys and half the time I mouse them.

I'm not that good at games.

thesquarepear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By thesquarepear

Controller cause my elbow hurts and arrows for Super Meatboy.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@buft said:

@ArtisanBreads said:

Totaly depends. Always was, but just go back into PC and I'm using a controller for some things. Enjoying Witcher 2 again with one.

I keep meaning to go back and try that

Give it a shot.

I think it controls way better, besides the interface. But that's perfectly fine.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#69  Edited By stonyman65

I started FPS games on PC with Delta Force. I was always the classic WASD.

W - Forward

A- Strafe Right

S - Backwards

D - Strafe Left

Q - Lean Left ( or switch weapon)

E - Lean Right (or switch weapon)

R - Reload

F - Use

G - Grenade

C - Crouch (switched from ctrl because I didn't like it there)

X - Prone

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By frankfartmouth

It's been WASD for me since my first PC game. There's no way I could get used to that crazy shit you've got going on there, but I'm sure you feel the same way about WASD at this point.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By mikeeegeee

QZPM for total control. Just try it.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By rollingzeppelin

Obviously the best control scheme is QWOP.

twhalen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By twhalen

From the 90s through about 2004 I used the arrow keys, with right ctrl to jump, etc. Then I changed, but as someone who uses my left-hand for the mouse, not to WASD but to PL:". I basically set up a mirror of what's on the other side. The only problem is in old games that don't recognize the mouse wheel and use the brackets to change items, and that also have a "lean right" option (i.e., original Thief). Going back to those I set left bracket to lean right... but then what about previous item? I make that right bracket and then forward slash next item, which feels kind of weird.

I'm actually right-handed, but my left-handed dad and brother always had the mouse on the left-side of the keyboard so I just grew up with that. I guess what's weird is that I've never swapped the mouse keys, so in FPS games I use my middle finger on the left mouse button for primary fire. I've sometimes wondered if this has held back my ability at times... Quake III is a game I've played a lot of for a long time, but whenever I've taken it online, or in the past few years did Quake Live, I always get destroyed. Maybe I'd do better switching the mouse.

But every time I try to switch to right-hand mouse it feels too weird. But I'm right-handed! Oh well. It's hard to change something when it's what you've done your entire life.