Artemis: A suggestion for Flight Club's next stupid project

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#1  Edited By jeffrud

In my adventures on the fabled World Wide Web, I recently stumbled upon this little page. The game, Artemis, purports to be a LAN-based space sim for up to six players, basically recreating the Star Trek bridge experience. A commander issues orders to other players, who have independent displays providing them with information about various subsystems (weapons, helm, engineering, etc.) This sounds like the greatest idea in human history, for an audience of maybe a hundred people. Like Flight Club! I would happily pay to see Vinny & Co. repeatedly crash into things and die with this madness. Am I alone in this?

papercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By papercut

Flight club makes sense. I think there have been a few of us on the boards that want to see these guys play it for I while. I still think it would be great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513
deactivated-5ff27cb4e1513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

You're not alone. The real question is who should be captain. And how much they should channel Kirk.

randomatom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By randomatom

Yes, if this doesn't happen then I think our community just doesn't care anymore.

KirkyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By KirkyX

I think a playthrough of Artemis has the potential to - for a certain audience, at least - be the greatest feature in Giant Bomb history. I mean, I love watching anyone play that game; seeing the Giant Bomb guys have a crack would probably be, like, a new life experience. Man.