Awesome Old CRPG's are on sale at GoG

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By matthew

Just like the title reads, Good Old Games is having an awesome sale (this weekend? I don't know for how long it's lasting...) on old DnD style games. 

Here's the link.

From what I'm able to tell, when it says 'complete' it means the whole package for the game. All the expansions and such. Like the NN:Diamond Edition - that game had like 4 expansions, all awesome.

I for one am going to get this. Dave loves this stuff. I loved Neverwinter Nights and that universe, and have always been meaning to get the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale games...now, I'm going to get'em. Cool thing about GoG is that it doesn't require a disc. So I'm just going to download, and then mount in Steam. Because Steam is even awesomer. 
(oh, and I have to give shout out to Johnathan my buddy right here for telling me about this. He bought the deal, and told me all about it.)
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By Astras

Awesome games, Highly recommend Planescape!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ajamafalous

There was a thread about this earlier this week.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Also if you are the 6 millionth person to download a game on GOG, you get their entire catalog for free :O

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By crusader8463

If I didn't already own most of those games and needed to save money to buy a car I would buy it.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Branthog

I'm disappointed to hear they have only sold about six million games. With the size and quality of their collection, the affordable prices, the lack of DRM, and the number of years they've been around, now, I would have expected something closer to 100,000,000. I've bought just over fifty games from them (of course, I haven't made time to play any of them, yet, because I figure I'll save them for the day when I'm unemployed, homeless, couch surfing, with nothing to my name but a barely running shitty laptop and I'll have this huge collection of awesome games to escape from reality to, between pissing on myself on a park bench and shoplifting malt liquor).

You know what? Nevermind. My fantasies are fucked up.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#7  Edited By ArbitraryWater

This is like the 3rd thread about the GOG sale, but in any case I stand with my recommendation that anyone who is vaguely interested should buy everything except Dragonshard and Demon Stone. Temple of Elemental Evil is obviously not the most well-known D&D game out there, mostly because of its high difficulty, and it's also a Troika game, thus being inherently broken without fan mods. However, with said fan mods it becomes a great game and one that is more than worth the $3 or so you pay for it during this sale. Heck, I'd take a position that it's a better game than Neverwinter Nights by sheer value of the fact that the original campaign for NWN is the worst thing Bioware has ever made.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Branthog

By the way, this post coaxed me to gift this bundle to a random person at 10PM PT, tonight. MB moved my post to the GOG forum, which is unfortunate since that means fewer people will know about it and be able to participate (but I understand), but thought it might be worth mentioning in this post so you guys can join in if you're interested. Otherwise, sorry for butting in with this, Matthew. :)

http://www.giantbomb.com/good-old-games/92-2379/gog-dd-bundle-do-you-want/35-516333/