Back in the Saddle

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By Wacomole

After my purchase of the wonderful  Grand Theft Auto IV DLC for the PS3, it's been a while since I've looked down the iron sights of a bit of digital weaponry FPS-style, so this morning (it being a weekend) I thought I'd dip my toe back into the waters of Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Now I don't know whether it's my rapidly advancing age, added  to my shockingly poor fitness levels and just plain "sucking at FPS's in general", but I've come out of the other side of a brace of matches physically shaking, but not in a bad way.  I'd forgotten just how immersed I would get in the game and how being invested in basically running around keeping myself and others alive really takes it out of a person (well, a person in such poor shape as yours truly anyway)

Still, even after a couple of weeks of absence, it was comforting to find that not a great deal changes in the world of BFBC2.  
Parachuting into Port Valdez sporting my bright red "shoot here" medic's cap and "Hippocratic Oath be damned" MG3 machine gun, I was less than surprised to find that  our other medics seemed to have suddenly remembered they were wanted on the 15th tee and had taken the morning off.  No surprise either that the vast majority of the defenders were all waaay forward trying to get spawn point kills.  Snipers on both sides were as prevalent as ever and making the mound overlooking the site look reminiscent of Kashyyk in mating season.   

What did surprise me, though, was that when our side armed the charges,  it seemed as if nobody on their side was trying to disarm them.  "Never!",  thought I.  "That can't be what's happening".  But my suspicions were borne out when, after the first base was captured,  I managed to breeze up to A2 (the single story left-hand building) in a tank, hop out and arm the charge unhindered.  Now at this point I was ready for the inevitable onslaught that always followed the planting of a charge on A2, looking around at the entrances and waiting for the tidal wave of lead-flinging defenders, heart rate through the roof... but nothing. Nada. Zip.  
It was like I'd thrown a party (complete with flashing red lights, smoke and sirens) but no-one turned up.  

One surprising win later I gave a bit of conquest on Arica Harbour a bash.  Needless to say I had my ass and just about every other part of my anatomy handed to me, as is my tradition.  But my one saving grace was that I managed to get another demolition 2.0 kill with a bout of 40mm "rapid erosion"... just another bazillion more to go for the trophy. Sigh!
Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Wacomole

After my purchase of the wonderful  Grand Theft Auto IV DLC for the PS3, it's been a while since I've looked down the iron sights of a bit of digital weaponry FPS-style, so this morning (it being a weekend) I thought I'd dip my toe back into the waters of Battlefield Bad Company 2.

Now I don't know whether it's my rapidly advancing age, added  to my shockingly poor fitness levels and just plain "sucking at FPS's in general", but I've come out of the other side of a brace of matches physically shaking, but not in a bad way.  I'd forgotten just how immersed I would get in the game and how being invested in basically running around keeping myself and others alive really takes it out of a person (well, a person in such poor shape as yours truly anyway)

Still, even after a couple of weeks of absence, it was comforting to find that not a great deal changes in the world of BFBC2.  
Parachuting into Port Valdez sporting my bright red "shoot here" medic's cap and "Hippocratic Oath be damned" MG3 machine gun, I was less than surprised to find that  our other medics seemed to have suddenly remembered they were wanted on the 15th tee and had taken the morning off.  No surprise either that the vast majority of the defenders were all waaay forward trying to get spawn point kills.  Snipers on both sides were as prevalent as ever and making the mound overlooking the site look reminiscent of Kashyyk in mating season.   

What did surprise me, though, was that when our side armed the charges,  it seemed as if nobody on their side was trying to disarm them.  "Never!",  thought I.  "That can't be what's happening".  But my suspicions were borne out when, after the first base was captured,  I managed to breeze up to A2 (the single story left-hand building) in a tank, hop out and arm the charge unhindered.  Now at this point I was ready for the inevitable onslaught that always followed the planting of a charge on A2, looking around at the entrances and waiting for the tidal wave of lead-flinging defenders, heart rate through the roof... but nothing. Nada. Zip.  
It was like I'd thrown a party (complete with flashing red lights, smoke and sirens) but no-one turned up.  

One surprising win later I gave a bit of conquest on Arica Harbour a bash.  Needless to say I had my ass and just about every other part of my anatomy handed to me, as is my tradition.  But my one saving grace was that I managed to get another demolition 2.0 kill with a bout of 40mm "rapid erosion"... just another bazillion more to go for the trophy. Sigh!