Backwards Compatible: It's the little things....

AlphaZro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Edited By AlphaZro

I got my 360 back and promptly retired my ps2, well at least for the time being since if Persona 5 comes out on the ps2 then or I get my hands on a copy of persona 4 then I'll whip it back at out.  

Since getting my 360 back I've went back to the stacks and rented my friend's copy of prince of persia and I have to say...that game is quite simply beautiful and not just technically I mean just artistically...the game is just awe inspiring. The game itself is great to play but the art style and art direction on that game is just the standout quality. That game is the epitome of less is more, Prince of Persia is just a story. There is combat and puzzle but at it's core it's just a interactive tale, there is no upgrading of equipment and skills, it's either you know how to fight and solve this puzzle or you don't. For me I happen to like that game for that direction. 

Now I went from to a simple game just telling a story with beautiful scenery to Mass Effect, a decidedly more complex game but still fun to play none the less. Going from a game that had no rpg aspects to a rpg game is quite a trick, especially a space opera like Mass Effect, especially with all the things you can adjust and plot out and assign to you and your crew of military misfits. The things I like about mass effect are some of the things I like about Prince...the way the story is told. The characters and how the main characters interact with them. The ending...I know the ending of Prince of Persia is kinda like giving players the finger but still at the same time I can understand the reason behind it, Mass Effect is just what an ending for a game like that should be no matter what ending you got. 

ehh....that's all I got right now.....until next time

AlphaZro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AlphaZro

I got my 360 back and promptly retired my ps2, well at least for the time being since if Persona 5 comes out on the ps2 then or I get my hands on a copy of persona 4 then I'll whip it back at out.  

Since getting my 360 back I've went back to the stacks and rented my friend's copy of prince of persia and I have to say...that game is quite simply beautiful and not just technically I mean just artistically...the game is just awe inspiring. The game itself is great to play but the art style and art direction on that game is just the standout quality. That game is the epitome of less is more, Prince of Persia is just a story. There is combat and puzzle but at it's core it's just a interactive tale, there is no upgrading of equipment and skills, it's either you know how to fight and solve this puzzle or you don't. For me I happen to like that game for that direction. 

Now I went from to a simple game just telling a story with beautiful scenery to Mass Effect, a decidedly more complex game but still fun to play none the less. Going from a game that had no rpg aspects to a rpg game is quite a trick, especially a space opera like Mass Effect, especially with all the things you can adjust and plot out and assign to you and your crew of military misfits. The things I like about mass effect are some of the things I like about Prince...the way the story is told. The characters and how the main characters interact with them. The ending...I know the ending of Prince of Persia is kinda like giving players the finger but still at the same time I can understand the reason behind it, Mass Effect is just what an ending for a game like that should be no matter what ending you got. 

ehh....that's all I got right now.....until next time

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Pazy
@AlphaZro said:
" I got my 360 back and promptly retired my ps2, "

Thats a concept ive always found wierd, most people I know (even those who call themselves gamers) throw away/sell a system as soon as they get a new one or at the very least a system of a new generation. I cant bear to give up old consoles, even my PS1 which could be given away since my PS2 and PS3 can run PS1 games pretty much flawlessly from what ive seen (and ive no save games to worry about), and have my N64 still hooked and though its not a game system I still keep a VHS player hooked up to watch my tapes lol

@AlphaZro said:

" Going from a game that had no rpg aspects to a rpg game is quite a trick"
Thats something else ive found a lot of people have difficulty with, as well as playing say PS3 right after an Xbox 360, and I never seem to have a problem with it. I can play an RPG for days then play Unreal Tournament, or Command and Conquer and then Phantasy Star Universe. The closet is when I get a new console (or type of controller for example the WIi Classic Controller) where I have to spend a few days to a week getting used to the shape of the controller, button placements and the control schemes for common game types (for example FPS control schemes).

Are these two things as common as I think or is it just the people I know?

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By xyzygy
@Pazy: When I was a kid, the only way to get more money quickly and not have to wait through allowances was to sell my previous system a few months before I knew the new one was coming out. I did it for SNES, N64, and Xbox. If I was older and had a job at the time I definitely would have saved them.
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pazy
@xyzygy said:
" @Pazy: When I was a kid, the only way to get more money quickly and not have to wait through allowances was to sell my previous system a few months before I knew the new one was coming out. I did it for SNES, N64, and Xbox. If I was older and had a job at the time I definitely would have saved them. "
I can understand having to do that (though I was lucky and got a new system say the second christmas they were out though I had to share with my 2 brothers) but I see people (gamers too) who are around 20 or over and give away a system (getting no money in return) just because they have, for example, an xbox 360. I could understand if they got £50 and something for the games but to get nothing, or throw it in a cuboard never to be seen again, makes no sense to me.
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By ninjakiller

I have all my old systems except for my Genesis, My nephew spilled like an entire can of Coke into it while I watched in horror.    It was an accident, but damn.