Bargain bin reviews

prinny_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By prinny_god

I like to review games out of the bargain bin because the are cheap and by then all hype or negative press about them has died
my main example so far has been Fracture bought for 15$ every single review said it was completely awful and unplayable.
I played thought it in about a week found out it was a hidden gem I enjoyed it a lot it was a very sorta crackdown type game just
in levels not a big open city. I'll say a game about a gun that makes hills and craters sounds really stupid but its pretty good 4 out of 5 stars

I also just got battlefield bad company, orange box, facebreaker, army of two, and marvel ultimate allance all for like 60 bucks from the bargain bin do look forward to those reviews in the future.

prinny_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By prinny_god

I like to review games out of the bargain bin because the are cheap and by then all hype or negative press about them has died
my main example so far has been Fracture bought for 15$ every single review said it was completely awful and unplayable.
I played thought it in about a week found out it was a hidden gem I enjoyed it a lot it was a very sorta crackdown type game just
in levels not a big open city. I'll say a game about a gun that makes hills and craters sounds really stupid but its pretty good 4 out of 5 stars

I also just got battlefield bad company, orange box, facebreaker, army of two, and marvel ultimate allance all for like 60 bucks from the bargain bin do look forward to those reviews in the future.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By RHCPfan24

Bad Company and the Orange Box are the standouts from there. I can't believe Valve lowered the price so much...there is so much GAME in that one box. Oh well it is another reason to love them even more. I am sure you will play that game a lot. Everything from Half Life to Team Fortress 2 is special.

prinny_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By prinny_god

well I think of it as 5 games I've never played before for the price of one even if they all suck it's a good deal

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By RHCPfan24

And, thankfully, they don't suck! They can all stand by their own and together is definitely dozens of hours of fun to be had.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By TheHBK

Well those other games are not exactly bargain bin reviewable, they were pretty good in their time.  Its amazing the Orange Box is so cheap, easily the best value of any video game out there.  Even when it was 60 bucks.   Didnt like Battlefield or facebreaker, but at cheap they might be worth the price.  I enjoyed army of two and think that it is at its best when playing with a friend.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By kmdrkul

I got Dark Sector for like ten dollars at my local Gamestop.  Maybe it's because I feel good that I only spent ten dollars on it (actually, I know thats what it is...) but the game is actually pretty fun to play.

Avatar image for prowlingmongoose
prowlingmongoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By prowlingmongoose

Yeah, something about getting cheap games makes them better in a way, but I find sometimes if I play a cheapen' that's really old, I start to feel the wear and tear. I found an old copy of Two Worlds at my local CD-swap for like 7$. That game sucks to play through normaly, there's just so many bugs, but if you wanna get a solid 3-5 hours out of it you can cheat your ass off, go smoke fools with some crazy magic, and then never touch it again. 3/5 stars cheating, 2/5 normaly.

Also, TheHBK said,

"Well those other games are not exactly bargain bin reviewable, they were pretty good in their time.  Its amazing the Orange Box is so cheap, easily the best value of any video game out there.  Even when it was 60 bucks.   Didnt like Battlefield or facebreaker, but at cheap they might be worth the price.  I enjoyed army of two and think that it is at its best when playing with a friend."
Wow, I can't believe you didn't like bad company. Or are you talking about another battlefield?TheHBK said:
prinny_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By prinny_god

yeah I just played some bed company there is still alot of dudes playing it online and damn if the single player ain't funny as hell
 also I rented two worlds when it first came out and there are not words to say how much that game sucks

fillmoejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By fillmoejoe

I've seen Brothers in Arms for about 30 bucks new. Wait until it's 20 bucks still a good tactical shooter with plenty of game in it.

prinny_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By prinny_god

I can't wait for matt harzard to hit 20 bucks
there is no way in hell I'm paying 50 bucks for it but 20 yeah