#1 Edited by oysterpolice (11 posts) -

I may be reaching here, but is it at all possible to bring back the loved Batmanbatmanbatman.com back online as a community ran memorial for the one and only Ryan Davis? I know it's a long shot, but if there a community on the internet that would do such a thing it'd be this one.

Original Batmanbatmanbatman.com image.

Update: We could also host through a Wordpress or Angelfire.

#2 Edited by Ben_H (3306 posts) -

It is still paid for until next year on July 14th. So at that point it can be done.

For those wondering, I just a whois for the site.

batmanbatmanbatman.biz is still available if one wanted to create a tribute there. An even more suitable domain would be batmanbatmanbatman.xxx.

#3 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

batmanbatmabatman.rds

#4 Posted by BBAlpert (1369 posts) -

batmanbatmanbatman.biz

#5 Posted by oysterpolice (11 posts) -

There has got be a way to get the .com. Where does that stuff go when someone passes away?

#6 Posted by Hailinel (23856 posts) -

@ben_h: I doubt many schools or businesses would allow viewing of .xxx domain sites.

#7 Posted by ShaggE (6321 posts) -

What was that GeoCities clone that came up some time ago? That would be the perfect home for Batmanbatmanbatman, especially with some Under Construction GIFs, a hit counter, and a page dedicated to jokes about AOL, Star Trek, and Windows 95.

#8 Posted by Ben_H (3306 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@ben_h: I doubt many schools or businesses would allow viewing of .xxx domain sites.

Perfect!

#9 Edited by oysterpolice (11 posts) -
@hailinel said:

I don't see the issue here.

#10 Posted by Vuud (1943 posts) -

batmanbatmanbatmanovsky.ru?

#11 Edited by NinjaDuckie (36 posts) -

Sorry to rez a nearly month-old thread, but I got a bit ... emotional watching the Best of Ryan videos last night and rented this for a year.

www.batmanbatmanbatman.info

It'll stay until the .com site becomes available again (and then some), at which point it might be worth re-suggesting a community-run tribute. Doesn't look like the owner is doing anything with it besides using it as a placeholder... which is a little sad, really.

#12 Posted by Village_Guy (2491 posts) -

Sorry to rez a nearly month-old thread, but I got a bit ... emotional watching the Best of Ryan videos last night and rented this for a year.

It'll stay until the .com site becomes available again (and then some), at which point it might be worth re-suggesting a community-run tribute. Doesn't look like the owner is doing anything with it besides using it as a placeholder... which is a little sad, really.

Thank you, that is all.

#13 Posted by mikeeegeee (1550 posts) -
#14 Posted by TowerSixteen (542 posts) -

Amazing. A+.

#15 Posted by XenoNick (1390 posts) -

Amazing job sir. Well done.

#16 Posted by GaspoweR (2793 posts) -

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 Edited by Bollard (5245 posts) -

You done a good thing.

#18 Posted by Ben_H (3306 posts) -

Thank you for doing that. I was going to myself, but then I got tied up with school.

#19 Edited by TheMasterDS (2015 posts) -

I like how Batman is sad now. It's perfect. Well done.

#20 Posted by psylah (2162 posts) -

Look into getting a domain registered in the Cook Islands, so that you can make it batmanbatmanbatman.co.ck

#21 Posted by Nasar7 (2598 posts) -

I like how Batman is sad now. It's perfect. Well done.

Sadly fitting, indeed. I'm off to listen to the original batmanbatmanbatman bombcast now (7/13/2010, fyi).

#22 Posted by NinjaDuckie (36 posts) -
@psylah said:

Look into getting a domain registered in the Cook Islands, so that you can make it batmanbatmanbatman.co.ck

You know, I had considered some of @shagge's ideas like the terrible under construction gifs and the jokes about AOL. Or a randomiser which would pick his cause of death from a selection of Cards Against Humanity white cards.

Thank [nonspecific deity] that I didn't and kept it sort of vaguely respectful.

#23 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3782 posts) -

You're good people. Thanks duder.

#24 Posted by NinjaDuckie (36 posts) -

www.batmanbatmanbatman.info has been updated and renewed. Now all the Batmen are sad.
Did it this morning between midnight and 2am. May Ryan Davis' legacy last forever.

*toasts*

#25 Posted by development (2060 posts) -

Awesome. Thanks for keeping it up.

#26 Posted by Olqavtoras (221 posts) -