#1 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5187 posts) -

#2 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Wait. This isn't the beta site.

#3 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5187 posts) -

I recently started playing Valkyria Chronicles, which is a lot of fun and reasonably interesting; however I loathe the character design despite having played numerous other JRPGs. I just don't like characters having 2 dimensional and/or non existent noses and gigantic powderpuff eyes, however aside from their ridiculously anime faces the characters seem to be fairly mellow despite all being 12 year old mass murderers (well its war so lets say psychopathic SAS veterans); Alicia is well on the way to killing 1000+ helpless Imperials/whatevers but shows no psychological deterioration despite looking like she's 14 or so. Anyway they don't have 50 belts, so what's better to have, anime faces or hundreds of belts?

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (35849 posts) -

Anime.

#5 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

Why is there no Anime Belts/ Belts Anime option?!

#6 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5187 posts) -

@Coafi: Choose!

#7 Posted by Brodehouse (9524 posts) -

I don't like anime but motherfuck belts.

#8 Posted by Demoskinos (14524 posts) -

Anime.

#9 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

I generally like anime faces when they're done well! The belts thing is just lazy.

#10 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

@Fredchuckdave said:

@Coafi: Choose!

I can't! I was going to choose Anime Belts!

#11 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -
Both?
#12 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5135 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

Both?

This is a video games website!!!

#13 Posted by believer258 (11570 posts) -

Not a big fan of belts.

#14 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton: I'm converting it, AND THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO STOP ME.

#15 Posted by Mezmero (1769 posts) -

Thought you were asking Pro-Wrestling Forum or Anime Forum to which I would say Belts, "Championship Belts." And between the two I only post on Anime. XD

#16 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1379 posts) -

At first I thought this was a "What kind of punishment would you rather take?" poll. I chose belts.

#17 Posted by BisonHero (6055 posts) -

I thought this was a spam thread, and The Belts and The Anime were two teams I hadn't heard of.

#18 Posted by JackSukeru (5898 posts) -

Rider belts!

#19 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

I thought this was going to be about beating fans with belts.

Disappointed.

#20 Posted by byterunner (298 posts) -

@Mr_Skeleton: I'll be honest, I kinda like the character design of Lulu, while belts are stupid, I think the way they use them for lulu works.

#21 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

Disappointed.

Well it feels like I'm being beaten with a belt every time someone makes me watch anime.

#22 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4328 posts) -

@ThePaleKing said:

@Colourful_Hippie said:

Disappointed.

Well it feels like I'm being beaten with a belt every time someone makes me watch anime.

#23 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5187 posts) -

Note inferring either one as punishment works fine as well, though with how many belts there are in anime it'd be like being flogged with a cat of nine tails instead of just one belt.

#24 Posted by project343 (2810 posts) -

I usually just wear tighter pants if I need a belt. So ya. Anime, I guess.

#25 Posted by Akyho (1585 posts) -

@Fredchuckdave: Ill say this. Valkyria chronicles is about a small country being invaded, every fit and able person to man arms to defend the country. Thats why they are so young.

Why the terrors of war on the psyche of these people forced to fight it not explored......Anime.... basically yeah its anime.

However its hard to separate the belts and the anime.

http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/1187

#26 Posted by Hunter5024 (5514 posts) -

I like how close this poll is.

#27 Posted by DoctorWelch (2774 posts) -

Belts are only good when there are like a million of them.

#28 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

I like both.

#29 Posted by golguin (3838 posts) -

I don't even wear belts. Belts were created by the Man to keep us all down.

#30 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4675 posts) -

Belts are useful but if I had to destroy one forever it would be belts. I'll just get smaller pants.

#31 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@Fredchuckdave said:

Note inferring either one as punishment works fine as well, though with how many belts there are in anime it'd be like being flogged with a cat of nine tails instead of just one belt.

Woah woah woah, what is this, fetlife? Keep it in your pants, old man!

Also, fuck Anime. There, I said it! I said what we're all thinking!

#32 Posted by Serpentenema (216 posts) -

Anime faces can be pulled off pretty well, but I also have the bias of being 12 before and enjoying all anime.

#33 Posted by theveej (811 posts) -

I always appreciated anime from a distance (a very long distance), then I watched that new Berserk movie (if you have no idea what I'm talking about go and watch/buy/download Berserk: Golden Arc - Egg of the King, you could also find the second movie in Japanese on the internet if you want to go down that road)

I am so deep into that shit right now its not even funny. Spend about 3-4 days straight watching all of the tv series and reading most of the manga. It was a life changing experience for me.

I can somehow live without belts, but GOD DAMN IT I NEED TO KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN IN BERSERK......... hope it finishes before I die.

#34 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4906 posts) -

Belts all the way, baby! You know who would choose anime? Damn weirdos, that's who.

#35 Edited by RipTheVeins (1544 posts) -

Be-e-e-e-e-e-elts

#36 Edited by cloudymusic (1041 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: That screencap is probably the most "anime" thing I've seen in my entire life.

#37 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5187 posts) -

@Akyho: No not really if a very small country gets invaded by an adjacent large power they acquiesce in fairly short order (Poland in 6 weeks, Belgium didn't even fight really in either war); also there's a significant difference between 16 year old fit boys and 8-12 year olds. The "realism" of the game is not its strong suit. But why do they have to be anime? Why can't they be normal looking like their clothes are apart from gratuitous panty shots.

If you're going to bring up Thermopylae for some reason that's the largest power against the second largest power, either side having significant advantages over the other, it's not tiny speck vs enormous giant on either side. Finland had extremely favorable terrain, not idyllic green hills for convenient tank rumbling (as did Vietnam).

#38 Posted by Branthog (7340 posts) -

Huh?

#39 Posted by Brendan (7670 posts) -

I don't have a problem with the Anime look, but please world, give belts a permanent vacation.

#40 Posted by Aegon (5377 posts) -

MJ did it first in the 80s, then anime/jrpgs caught on and went a bit overboard.

#41 Edited by smokeyd123 (322 posts) -

@theveej said:

hope it finishes before I die.

It won't.

I like belts (wearing one right now) but I'm going to have to go with Anime. Tetsuya Nomura ruined belts for me.