Bioware's next IP?

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By kaos_cracker

Does anyone know if they have a studio working on something new or is the main Bioware studio working on Dragon Age: Inquisition? I honestly think they are up there with one of the best with new IP's. KOTOR and the Mass Effect Series were amazing to me and the first Dragon Age game is great, just wondering if anything was announced that I missed out on.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Well, the Edmonton studio has been split into two teams for a while now. The Dragon Age team is obviously working on Inquisisiton. The next Mass Effect game is being done by Bioware Montreal, and I believe it was stated that the team in Edmonton that did the Mass Effect trilogy (Casey Hudson's team) is working on something completely new.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'd love for them to be working on something new, but then I'd also love for them to creatively be the company they were 6 or 7 years ago. The corporate mentality is that you don't let a brand die, so it's probably all hands on deck just to make sure they continue to make Mass Effect and Dragon Age games, while continuing to support The Old Republic.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By EXTomar

Probably another Dragon Age....and then a Mass Effect...then another Dragon Age...then another Mass Effect...then a Dragon Mass Age Effect then a Mass Dragon Effect Age. But by then people will go "Man, how did Bioware end up like Rare?"

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I heard Casey Hudson has a team working on a new IP when they "announced" a new Mass Effect game is in development. Would love to see what that new IP is.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Logically, since they have scifi and medieval fantasy, their next IP has to be modern fantasy. Because of current trends I expect something in the paranormal investigation vein ala Dresden Files.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Sonic Rpg MMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Sonic Rpg MMO.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

Density Consequence.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

What happened to that Command and Conquer thing?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Justin258

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Pretty sure I heard they're working on something new. I'd love to see a completely new Ip built for the next gen from them. Maybe we'll here something more at next year's E3.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#13  Edited By donutfever

@believer258 said:

It's had it's name changed from Generals 2 to just Command and Conquer. It's still listed for release this year. Exclusive on origin, free to play.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure the OP meant real Bioware, not one of the 600 random studios that now have Bioware in their name.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

It'll be Star Wars related, KotOR with a new name.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Density Consequence.

Activation Catalyst.

we are just making up names right?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17  Edited By Seppli

Roman-era political espionage & assassination & gladiatoral games translated into stealth & hack 'n slash & gladiorial games RPG hybrid, set in a semi-open world rendition of Rome.

*Hail Caesar* is the name of the game, and the players and their companions are the famous *those who are about to die salute you* dirty dozen type of characters. It's all about doing Caesar's dirty work, and aiding him in his rise to power. Bioware's first *I'm just his best lackey RPG*. Groundbreaking stuff.

To not play The Messiah character, but rather to follow The Messiah character. A nice twist on Bioware's classic *The Messiah and his/her Disciples Save the World* formula.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

They're actually working on tress effect

Avatar image for deactivated-62fae2132a6ff
deactivated-62fae2132a6ff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Up until recently I worked at BioWare. Yes, we publicly confirmed that Edmonton is working on a brand new, original IP.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember when they posted that exploding car picture and we thought it was Casey Hudson's new thing. Post-apocalyptic Western BioWare RPG yes please.

70s Noir Detective BioWare RPG please.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@seppli said:

Roman-era political espionage & assassination & gladiatoral games translated into stealth & hack 'n slash & gladiorial games RPG hybrid, set in a semi-open world rendition of Rome.

*Hail Caesar* is the name of the game, and the players and their companions are the famous *those who are about to die salute you* dirty dozen type of characters. It's all about doing Caesar's dirty work, and aiding him in his rise to power. Bioware's first *I'm just his best lackey RPG*. Groundbreaking stuff.

To not play The Messiah character, but rather to follow The Messiah character. A nice twist on Bioware's classic *The Messiah and his/her Disciples Save the World* formula.

FUCK CAESAR, ALLY WITH CATO AND STAND FOR THE REPUBLIC!

THUS ALWAYS TO TYRANTS

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By Jimbo

Historical fiction is the obvious (and correct) choice. Surprised we haven't seen more after how successful AssCreed has been.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OurSin_360

I highly doubt it, i mean honestly have they had a new ip since being bought out? I think dragon age may have came out under EA but was in development before.

Expect them to run every once great franchise into the ground until their studio goes bankrupt. More than likely the main reason the Doc's decided to leave for good.