Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Edited By alistercat
Finishing so many games this week...

Limbo

I started and finished Limbo today. Fantastic game with a lot of style. Very short, but it didn't repeat itself too much or outstay its welcome. I do a daily design and inspired by Limbo here is day #120. The broken swing set represents the boy and his lost sister.

Also, here is the Portal 2 poster I made yesterday. Please leave comments, I love to read them.

Limbo Art 
Limbo Art 

Portal 2

I ordered portal 2 on Wednesday as a present for finishing my dissertation. First class. Didn't arrive Thursday. Fine. Friday no post due to the royal wedding. Really annoyed. Saturday, nothing. Pissed off. Sunday, no post. Annoying, but normal. Then I realized it is a bank holiday on Monday, so no post then either. I will receive it, at the earliest, on Tuesday. I should have just bought it on steam. So I played through Portal 1 again and made the Portal 2 poster I posted above.

I am very impatient at the moment.

Tony Hawk

The Tony Hawk TNT made me want to play some Tony Hawk again. I never usually say this, but I'm pretty good at Tony Hawk games. I think Project 8 is great, so I started playing that but my disc is scratched. Disc read errors and crashes stopped me from enjoying it much. I was thinking of getting the PC version of THPS3 but I remember I still have the PS2 version, and I have my PS2 all set up to play because of Persona 4 so... I should really play that some more.
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By alistercat
Finishing so many games this week...

Limbo

I started and finished Limbo today. Fantastic game with a lot of style. Very short, but it didn't repeat itself too much or outstay its welcome. I do a daily design and inspired by Limbo here is day #120. The broken swing set represents the boy and his lost sister.

Also, here is the Portal 2 poster I made yesterday. Please leave comments, I love to read them.

Limbo Art 
Limbo Art 

Portal 2

I ordered portal 2 on Wednesday as a present for finishing my dissertation. First class. Didn't arrive Thursday. Fine. Friday no post due to the royal wedding. Really annoyed. Saturday, nothing. Pissed off. Sunday, no post. Annoying, but normal. Then I realized it is a bank holiday on Monday, so no post then either. I will receive it, at the earliest, on Tuesday. I should have just bought it on steam. So I played through Portal 1 again and made the Portal 2 poster I posted above.

I am very impatient at the moment.

Tony Hawk

The Tony Hawk TNT made me want to play some Tony Hawk again. I never usually say this, but I'm pretty good at Tony Hawk games. I think Project 8 is great, so I started playing that but my disc is scratched. Disc read errors and crashes stopped me from enjoying it much. I was thinking of getting the PC version of THPS3 but I remember I still have the PS2 version, and I have my PS2 all set up to play because of Persona 4 so... I should really play that some more.
RageExpressive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RageExpressive

I agree, Limbo is a great game, if you play through it in one setting with the sound turned up and the lights dimmed down, you can really get drawn into its simple atmosphere and sound...But that really begs the question, just what does the little boy and his sister represent? As for Tony Hawk...shame on you, Project 8 D: THPS3 is in my opinion the greatest and best in terms of soundtrack, skaters, levels and (please forgive me) graphics and realism. After it, the series went very quickly downhill apart from THUG.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By alistercat
@RageExpressive: Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 is indeed a great game, but I think Project 8 is the best of the Tony Hawk games since THUG. It had all the new stuff and you could do the classic levels like you were playing tony hawk 1 - 3. I was so proud to S rank that game. Getting sick in every goal is no joke. I feel no shame for my love of Project 8. Proving Ground however lacked a lot of the style of Project 8 and many other things. Felt like American Wasteland (easily the worst main series game).
AlmostApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By AlmostApollo

I loved Project 8. I've played all of them but Proving Ground and THUG 2, THPS3 is my favorite by far, though. I played that so much to unlock all the stuff that I can still do a lot of the levels to 100% completion in one run. Also, Wolverine and Darth Maul.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By alistercat
@AlmostApollo: I used to love Wolverine and Darth Maul's special tricks. THUG 2 is stupid. THUG was kind of serious with the betrayal storyline but THUG 2 is more like a circus plus most of the Jackass crew thrown in.
Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Yanngc33

Gabe would make for a good weighted companion cube ;) also I'm using your limbo art as a desktop background so thanks :)

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By alistercat
@Yanngc33: I actually emailed it to him, so I can only hope he sees it as a compliment. I can provide the limbo art at a higher resolution if you need it, the actual artwork is huge. Just stupid upload limitations means it gets resized.
Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Yanngc33
@AlisterCat: lol don't worry it's fine thanks :)
AlmostApollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By AlmostApollo

I actually liked American Wasteland. It had too much Green Day and the visual style as a whole was a step in the wrong direction, but starting that skate park from scratch and the no-loading open-world skating was brilliant, I though. I was always excited when I got cool pieces to put in my skate park.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By iam3green

well that bad with portal 2. i haven't bought the game yet. i only enjoyed underground 2, i didn't like american waste land. i thought it was pretty boring with the same thing that happened on the other ones.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By alistercat
@AlmostApollo: I remember being amazed at the time of having an open world skating game with no loading, but the lack of style and overall point of the game just hurt it for me. I didn't want anything more than what Tony Hawk 3 offered in terms of building your own park.

@iam3green: THUG 2 isn't that much better, unless you like playing as Steve-O on a bull.
craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By craigbo180

That limbo art is now my desktop background. Awesome job.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Vexxan

When I read "and Gabe Newell as Weighted Companion Cube", I chuckled. That poster is awesome.

I love Limbo and I'm sure you picture will remain my wallpaper for a very long time. Again, awesome job! :)