#1 Edited by Ryzon (16 posts) -

So I just treated myself to two new games, Saints Row 3 and Dragons Dogma. I bought the first dragons dogma because I didn't realise until after the fact that there was an updated version, but meh not really bothered.

So which would you play first guys? The Epic RPG experience which would probably last me hours and get me sucked in, or the crazy over the top Saints Row game where I will just run like a mad man and hit people with a giant... you know what!

#2 Posted by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

I'd go with Saints Row.

#3 Posted by Legion_ (1256 posts) -

Dragon's Dogma.

But I'm a huge RPG fan, so I'm hardly objective.

#4 Posted by Rafaelfc (1318 posts) -

Why choose, play both of them concurrently!

#5 Edited by leinad44 (503 posts) -

Saints Row

#6 Edited by DeF (4814 posts) -

I say listen to the first two posts.

#7 Edited by Animasta (14651 posts) -

Saints row because it's shorter

#8 Posted by Winternet (8008 posts) -

If it's just about what to play first, then who cares? You're going to end up playing both, so....

#9 Posted by djou (863 posts) -

SR3. You're going to want to play it before the hype begins on SR4. If that game is disappointing, then you'll lose motivation.

#10 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5272 posts) -

Saints Row.

It calls your name.

#11 Edited by Demoskinos (14591 posts) -

@ryzon: Well sucks you didn't know about Arisen because its only $40 and well worth all the content and fixes implemented. That being said the vanilla version is still pretty good so I pick that.

#12 Edited by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

@ryzon said:

So which would you play first guys? The Epic RPG experience which would probably last me hours and get me sucked in, or the crazy over the top Saints Row game where I will just run like a mad man and hit people with a giant... you know what!

There's your answer, do you feel like playing the former or the latter, both of which you described well?

#13 Posted by Ryzon (16 posts) -

@demoskinos: This one only cost me $20, so on top of me being not bothered about things like that, I also saved some money in the process :p

More serious answer however, if I like this and can complete it then when the new one comes even further down In price I will buy it and continue with my current character. :)

I've decided to go with dragons dogma guys! I will play saints row when I want a break from this I think! Thanks for your ideas and suggestions tho, always humerous to read!!

#14 Edited by gaminghooligan (1424 posts) -

SR3 is one of my all time favorite games, I consider not playing that game to 100% completion to be one of the cardinal sins in modern gaming.

#15 Edited by tonyp2121 (169 posts) -

As a note for Saints Row, there's no DLC out there thats really worth the price. Just play the base game as all the DLC adds is a couple (2 hours worth appx) new missions and a car or a new gun.

#16 Edited by Rainbowkisses (472 posts) -

@rafaelfc said:

Why choose, play both of them concurrently!

This. I'm guessing you're suggesting that you will play all the way through one before starting the other. Otherwise this is a very trivial question.

#17 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2206 posts) -

Having only played Saints Row. I'd say Saint's Row.

#18 Edited by wjb (1645 posts) -

Is this Yahoo Answers? Make up your own mind, sheeple!

(You should totally play SR3 first, though. Do it now!)

#19 Posted by Fearbeard (825 posts) -

Play Dragon's Dogma, and when the lack of a good fast travel system starts annoying you play some Saint's Row 3 as a breather before heading back to DD.

#20 Edited by Tackchevy (261 posts) -

Winner: Dark Souls

#21 Posted by believer258 (11683 posts) -

Play SR3 for an hour. Then play Dragon's Dogma for an hour. Then take a break. Then do it again.

#22 Edited by Slag (4085 posts) -

Dragon's Dogma if you have Dark Arisen expansion. The community is active right now since it was just released

#23 Edited by Clonedzero (4096 posts) -

Saints row 3.

You can burn through it in a weekend. As much fun as i had with the game, It's only worth a weekends playingtime.

I have Dark Arisen and sure, it's a decent RPG, its not amazing or anything, but you really dont want to be tempted to play something else in the middle of a big long RPG. So play SR3 first. It's a blast, its funny. It's only 12 hours long.

#24 Edited by MegaLombax (384 posts) -

I'd say play both in parallel. I usually do that. Keeps me from being too burned out on a game. I got quite burnt out from playing too much Saints Row 3 at the time. Quite glad I took a break from it and moved to another game before coming back to it.

#25 Posted by fibabanchi (36 posts) -

Dragon's Dogma. Very addicting game.

#26 Edited by TheHT (10933 posts) -

Saint's Row 3. Doesn't take too long and is a breeze to get through.

#27 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Dragon's Dogman.

#28 Posted by armaan8014 (5337 posts) -

Saints row 3 till you get bored of running around and feel like playing something more serious?

#29 Edited by probablytuna (3553 posts) -

If you play Saints Row, see if you can play co-op with a friend. It's a way more entertaining experience, at least for me.

#30 Edited by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Saints Row. Gets you ready for the new one.

#31 Posted by ajamafalous (11871 posts) -

Saints Row