Brand new Console already in stores annoucement!

LordCrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By LordCrom

Could you imagine a company in this day and age trying to pull off the type of, "Console in stores right now" announcement that Sega did with the Saturn?  I would say that is pretty much impossible to pull off in this day of internet and video game junkies working at our favorite game location of choice, wouldn't you?

the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By the8bitNacho

I had a hard time understanding this post.  You may want to revise your sentence structure.

Anyway, I don't think it would be entirely impossible to do something to this effect, but you have to have some loyal ass internal staff.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By End_Boss
Kombat said:
I had a hard time understanding this post.  You may want to revise your sentence structure.Anyway, I don't think it ... [more]
All of that, and more. Nonetheless, it would be fucking awesome. No preordering, no dumbass promotional period, just "hey guys. Yeah. It's out now."
CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By CenturionCajun

Look how well that worked for the Saturn. Both retailers and developers were caught completely flat footed. It contributed greatly to the failure of the console due to limited quantities available and almost no games coming out for months.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond

People knew Saturn was coming though.

There's no way they could ever distribute a console to stores without the information leaking.  Info would leak months before the systems were even shipped...

Rushing to release a console is a bad idea too.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6  Edited By CenturionCajun

Don't forget Gamestop. They were rabid about getting pre-orders for the DSi. That wasn't even a new platform.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By EpicSteve

It would be impossible.