bring back a console

robot4me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By robot4me

If you could get rid of one of the current consoles forever and bring back a console makers that failed to replace them which one would you choose.

Hears why i'm asking. Me and a couple of friends were playing wrestling games on the n64 and fighting games on the dreamcast for new years. We started talking about which game companies we wished still made consoles. I would probably get rid of Microsft Xbox 360 and bring back the Turbografx 16 brand made by Nec. The reason is because MS make very few exclusives and charge for online when no one else does. I feel all gameing companies see us as a $ sign, but Microsoft seem the worst. Also the Turbografx 16 (in japan it would was PC Engine) had a NES style controller with built in turbo switches and some crazy games like bonk. A new console from them might flop, but at least I might get some more classic air zonk shoot em ups.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SharkEthic

I'd get rid of the Nintendo Wii. That is all.

robot4me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By robot4me

@SharkEthic: the Nintendo wii is not the current console. If you are hating on the wii to be one of the cool kiddies that'snot cool dude. The wii has a lot more games I love with shitty graphics over the good graphics BS on the ps3 / 360

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SharkEthic

@robot4me: I reject your premise and stand by my previous statement.

Grasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Grasu

@robot4me said:

@SharkEthic: If you are hating on the wii to be one of the cool kiddies that'snot cool dude. The wii has a lot more games I love with shitty graphics over the good graphics BS on the ps3 / 360

Why are you so butthurt?

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bell_End

the vita and replace with the lynx. just for a laugh

robot4me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By robot4me

@Grasu: I'm not upset I just kind of dislike trolls.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

@robot4me said:

@SharkEthic: the Nintendo wii is not the current console. If you are hating on the wii to be one of the cool kiddies that'snot cool dude. The wii has a lot more games I love with shitty graphics over the good graphics BS on the ps3 / 360

Says the guy who's hating on the 360.

Anyway, none of them. There's so much interesting variety on the PC, PS3, and 360 that I don't want to get rid of any of them. Frankly, I would be a very, very happy gamer if Nintendo went the Sega route and stopped making consoles and started releasing their big name games for the PS3, 360, and PC. I'm sorry, I simply do not like the Wii's controller and I don't really want to spend $250 on Nintendo's new sub-par system. The damn thing could barely play Epic Mickey, whereas the 360, an eight year old machine, didn't have any issues running that. That is a serious problem and, frankly, I don't want any of my money going to Nintendo unless they can bring more than Mario and Zelda to the table and can do it with a proper machine, not an underclocked turd.

EDIT: And I motherfucking want the Metroid Prime Trilogy on Steam. NOW.

musclerider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By musclerider

This thread is going places.

robot4me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By robot4me

@believer258: I play my 360 daily and like it but tell me when MS made more then halo forza fable as exclusives. they throw money around and ghet timed exclusives that fucks every gamer who doesn't own an xbox 360. Please tell me who Besides MS charges for online. Ans fable the journey was dogshit because of the kinect. I see you are just trying to troll because epic mickey was only on the wii. the performance thing wasn't Nintendo's fault because epic mickey was a 3rd party game. Most good wii games let you use a classic controller that looks like a ps3 controller or a gamecube controller. Sorry but metroid will never be on steam. If nintendo stopped making games all everybody would get is greyish turd brown first person shooters or games that have multiplayer killed after 2 years.

Bell_End

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bell_End

@robot4me said:

@believer258: I play my 360 daily and like it but tell me when MS made more then halo forza fable as exclusives. they throw money around and ghet timed exclusives that fucks every gamer who doesn't own an xbox 360. Please tell me who Besides MS charges for online. Ans fable the journey was dogshit because of the kinect. I see you are just trying to troll because epic mickey was only on the wii. the performance thing wasn't Nintendo's fault because epic mickey was a 3rd party game. Most good wii games let you use a classic controller that looks like a ps3 controller or a gamecube controller. Sorry but metroid will never be on steam. If nintendo stopped making games all everybody would get is greyish turd brown first person shooters or games that have multiplayer killed after 2 years.

but all nintendo makes is kids games and boring 2D platformers. i mean come on its not 1996 anymore.

robot4me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By robot4me

@HansKisaragi: I love Nintendo myself and don't want a Wii-u. My brother bought one and while playing it I realized I like zelda and smash brothers only but It doesn't justify a console purchase

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Justin258

@robot4me said:

Is it worth it? Is it really?

...no, it isn't. But let's tear into it anyway.

I'm not going to defend Microsoft. I left their system for the PC because I never felt treated that well as a customer. I always felt like they expected me to blindly give them money instead of making my own decisions about what to and what not to buy. Still, timed exclusives don't "fuck every gamer". Everyone still gets those exclusives, it's just that 360 gets them first because MS pays for it. 360 people pay for their online and they get their DLC before anyone else. Big deal, you can wait. If you bring up Skyrim, note that particular issue is because the PS3 has serious issues with Skyrim and Bethesda didn't want to release DLC that didn't work.

Fable the Journey was going to be crap with or without the Kinect. Fable 3, from all I've heard of it, is also a steaming pile of crap.

The performance was Nintendo's fault in part. A big part, mind you - the Wii's processor is severely underclocked and it is causing performance issues with more than one third party game as the Wii U livestream illustrated. Note that these are third party games that have been proven to work mostly without issue on the 360 and PS3. And no, I don't give a damn about Epic Mickey. I just noted its severe issues on the Wii U.

I'm not entirely up to date on the Wii's library because what has there been to care about in the past few years that isn't made by Nintendo? But what games support playing with the Classic controller or Gamecube controller aside from Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Metroid Prime 3 didn't. Mario Galaxy didn't. Skyward Sword didn't. Twilight Princess may have but I'm not entirely certain.

I know that Metroid will never be on Steam. I was expressing a wish, not something that's going to happen. I'd really like to play those games on a good PC in 1080p without a controller, because even the original Metroid Prime is still a gorgeous game that, if given a bit of texture work, some anti-aliasing, and played in a high resolution at 60 frames, would be absolutely stunning. Yeah, Dolphin, trust me I know about that, but I'm talking about playing it natively.

I don't want Nintendo to stop making games. I want Nintendo to stop making shitty consoles with stupid gimmicks and start making good games on platforms that I care about, or I want them to make me care about their consoles again by not throttling the processor or third parties. I really like Nintendo and that's why I criticize them so much. They can do so, so much better than they're doing right now.

As for your final comment, about turd brown shooters. Yeah... you should look around you. Most of the games that anyone gave a damn about this year were not turd brown shooters, with the possible exception of Spec Ops the Line and, hey, that was both set in Dubai and had a pretty dark story, and even then all of the stuff I've seen in it has some color. Hell, for that matter, name some turd brown shooters released in the past, say, five years. You could probably name some, but I guarantee that I can disprove most of what you'll think of.

To bring this back around to "on-topic" - all of the above really prove why I'd like to see the Wii U disappear and see Nintendo make games for other, better designed platforms.

Grasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Grasu

@robot4me said:

Replying to me twice? Thx for the attention I guess. He didnt say wii sucks, he simply answered your question regarding what console should he give up on. Were you expecting everyone to say PS3 and 360?

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SharkEthic

@Grasu said:

@robot4me said:

Replying to me twice? Thx for the attention I guess. He didnt say wii sucks, he simply answered your question regarding what console should he give up on. Were you expecting everyone to say PS3 and 360?

The Wii absolutely sucks, though. Despite throwing troll around like it's the word of the day, I genuinely believe that it is one of the worst consoles of the past 15-20 years.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Marcsman

Bring back any Neo Geo system

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By musubi

I want to see what the world would be like if the 32x actually took off. ALTERNATE REALITIES!

Orbitz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Orbitz89

I wish the 6th generation of consoles didn't end. I'd sacrifice this one in a heartbeat to re-live the early to mid 2000's.

But there are those rose tinted glasses again..

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By C0V3RT

If I'm answering this a few months ago, the right answer is the Wii. It was by far the least played of it's generation, I felt as if the illusion of motion control was poorly implemented, and a lot of their first party titles I loved as a child seemed to be stuck in neutral. But, the jury is still out on the Wii U, so I'll say get rid of the 3DS and Vita. They're both fine, competent devices, but with phone/tablet gaming becoming what it's become, a dedicated handheld is no longer a necessity. As for what I'd bring back? Christ...um...none really but for the sake of answering, have Sega put out another console with the condition they actually market it appropriately.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I'd kill off the Wii and bring back the Gamecube so all the Wii games would have been made without shitty motion controls.

Dacnomaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dacnomaniac

Since it's officially not a thing anymore I'd bring back the PS2, and say bye to the Wii.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jack268

Sony and replace with Nokia 

We all know they were better cellphone makers to begin with

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WickedFather

Goodbye 360 means goodbye achievements and games that never learned to smile. Replace with... pffff, anything.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Azteck

@robot4me: Why ask this question if you can't handle people not liking the Wii? There are legitimate reasons for not liking the Wii or the Wii U, just as there are reasons for liking it. It's called personal preference. Respect it, or don't ask questions that are bound to offend you.

For the record, I agree with and

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#25  Edited By Video_Game_King

@believer258 said:

You know that's not gonna happen, right?

As for right now, I'd get rid of...the PS3? Since I don't own it? And put in its place the...Dreamcast? I guess? There are some cool games on the Dreamcast.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SharkEthic

@WickedFather said:

Goodbye 360 means goodbye achievements and games that never learned to smile. Replace with... pffff, anything.

I like my consoles beaten down by life, straight out of rehab and with with a serious grudge against it's parents.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By Funzzo

@Marcsman said:

Bring back any Neo Geo system

Yep.

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Jeldh

@SharkEthic said:

I'd get rid of the Nintendo Wii. That is all.

Agreed. And the phantom would be fun to see.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Grillbar

@robot4me said:

well no the wii is not really a current console but you you cant really dismiss the wii u yet since it have not been out for that long and would really not stand a fighting chance against the ps3/xbox360. but i would personally inculde the wii as a curent one for that reason. also then the choice is between ps3 and xbox and then we get all fanboyism out of it. instead of a discussion.

i would also like to remove the wii, there are some games there that as fine. but there is also was a ton of shitty and pointless games on there and as the usual Nintendo way a lot of rehash of the same games over used yet again.

sure there are bad games on every console. i own a ps3 due to the fact that i love it i was thinking about buying a xbox for a few exclusives that i found to be fantastic, at least from what i saw, and i also understand why some people would rather have the xbox over the ps3, they are fairly similar. though i agree on the fact that you have to pay a monthly subscription just to be able to play online and still get adds thrown in you face sucks big time. the only reason i diddent buy a xbox was really just because im mainly a pc guy and the ps3 suits my console needs.

the was only 1 game that i wanted that was for the wii and that was the rythm heaven games and i can get that on my ds

there are no specific console i want back but i would love to see what sega could have done if they diddent have that huge downfall.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Justin258

@Video_Game_King said:

@believer258 said:

You know that's not gonna happen, right?

As for right now, I'd get rid of...the PS3? Since I don't own it? And put in its place the...Dreamcast? I guess? There are some cool games on the Dreamcast.

'Course, It's a first party Nintendo game. It's never gonna happen and if I want to play those games in a higher resolution, I have to use Dolphin. I just think those games could look and play a whole hell of a lot better than they do right now, and that's saying something when you consider that they still look fantastic and they still play wonderfully on the Gamecube. And, all right, they play fine on the Wii-motes as well, but I don't like the Wii-mote.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BestUsernameEver

@musclerider said:

This thread is going places.

Yeeah, asking a game forum which console to replace and put in your favored one really leads to rational, logical discussion.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BestUsernameEver

If the PS2 didn't have so many great games, based on hardware alone, I'd replace the PS2 with the dreamcast.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TyCobb

I would kill off the PS3 or any of the Wiis for the Dreamcast. I really would have liked to see where that console would have gone had they not thrown in the towel so quickly. I owned more Dreamcast games and had more fun with it than the PS3 or the Wii. I've had the PS3 for 4 years and still only have like 4 games for it.

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#35  Edited By 71Ranchero

I wouldn't get rid of any system. You would have to be a complete idiot to wish a system to be gone. Gamers play games, not consoles.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TyCobb

@Atramentous said:

I wouldn't get rid of any system. You would have to be a complete idiot to wish a system to be gone. Gamers play games, not consoles.

But, if a console doesn't really have any games you are interested in then why not wish it away and hope for something else to take its place?

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By 71Ranchero

@TyCobb said:

@Atramentous said:

But, if a console doesn't really have any games you are interested in then why not wish it away and hope for something else to take its place?

I would be hard pressed to find a console that didn't have at least a single game(if not many)that I could enjoy.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

Wii U is so boring it can fuck off and die.

jeffrud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#39  Edited By jeffrud

The Gamecube was pretty goddamn amazing, guys. But to really answer the question, nix Microsoft and replace it with Trip motherfuckin' Hawkins and dat 3DO.

@Jack268 said:

Sony and replace with Nokia We all know they were better cellphone makers to begin with

And this man is a genius.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By egg

it would be neat to see PSP stick in for another gen

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By nightriff

Any sega console because I never got a chance, if I had to pick one? Saturn because the Panzer Dragoon Series is something that I want to play but way to high of price to jump in