Bunnies take on the Big Apple

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm heading to New York for the first time next month (August 15th) for a few days and was hoping for some travel advice from my fellow duders!

The main reason for this trip is to drop my cousin off at the University of Connecticut (for a foreign exchange program). She's a Chinese national who's never been abroad, other than to Japan if that counts, so her parents are concerned and wants me to accompany her to the Storrs campus. We're flying to JFK straight from Shanghai, and she'll be staying in NYC for one day and two nights while I'll be leaving on the evening of the 19th (Tuesday) for Vancouver (the Canadian one) then back to Shanghai in about two weeks.

I'm looking for some hotel and food advice, mainly, since she wants to stay in Manhattan because it's close to... well, everything. My budget for hotels is a max of $350 USD/night, if that helps, preferably with internet, private bathroom, and two beds. And if anyone can give some additional advice regarding how to get to the UConn campus from NYC, that would be great, too! I checked out both the Peter Pan Bus and Megabus and neither seem to have buses to Storrs on the 17th, contrary to what my cousin's university in China told her.

Thanks in advance!

:3