[Capcom] You're Doing it Wrong!

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By DarkGamer007

When Capcom recently announced that a Versus mode of Resident Evil 5 would soon hit the marketplace for $500 (400 MSP) I heard millions of people cry out and you could hear the cancellation of pre-orders from oldschool Resident Evil fans around the world, claiming this to be the final "Nail in the Coffin for the 2309203828 billionth time, even though we still buy Resident Evil!"

I didn't look at this is bad but rather that Capcom is making the Versus mode wrong. Resident Evil revolves around Not-Zombies and the multiplayer should follow. If Capcom really wanted to make a multiplayer mode for Resident Evil, why not make something like Left 4 Dead or Halo's ever popular infection variant? The unique mode with Resident Evil would keep people playing the game and keeping the fans happy. Its so simple have one team of humans (2-players) and a team of not-zombies (14-players) and the not-zombies hunt the humans while the humans try to hold out for 10 minutes. The not-zombies can infinitely respawn while the humans can't, and when one is killed they turn into a not-zombie making the game now 15 vs 1. After 10 minutes if a human player is still alive that team wins, if they all die, well they lose. Ammo would be spread about the levels in containers.  The controls for the humans would be the same from Single-Player but for the not-zombies

X = Action
A = Grab Human
B = Melee Weapon
Y = Infect (Use while you're grabbing a human)
RT = Claw
LT = Lunge

The thumbsticks would function like they do in Gears of  War.

Players get money for killing and infecting the enemies that they can use to buy new weapons after a game to keep and use to improve load outs.

I would definitely drop $5 for this mode, sadly it will likely never see the light of day when it would work so well with Resident Evil.

What do you think? I don't why Capcom is making such a tame and boring Versus mode for Resident Evil game when they have such a great setup to make something addicting and actual worth the $5.

-DarkGamer007

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By DarkGamer007

When Capcom recently announced that a Versus mode of Resident Evil 5 would soon hit the marketplace for $500 (400 MSP) I heard millions of people cry out and you could hear the cancellation of pre-orders from oldschool Resident Evil fans around the world, claiming this to be the final "Nail in the Coffin for the 2309203828 billionth time, even though we still buy Resident Evil!"

I didn't look at this is bad but rather that Capcom is making the Versus mode wrong. Resident Evil revolves around Not-Zombies and the multiplayer should follow. If Capcom really wanted to make a multiplayer mode for Resident Evil, why not make something like Left 4 Dead or Halo's ever popular infection variant? The unique mode with Resident Evil would keep people playing the game and keeping the fans happy. Its so simple have one team of humans (2-players) and a team of not-zombies (14-players) and the not-zombies hunt the humans while the humans try to hold out for 10 minutes. The not-zombies can infinitely respawn while the humans can't, and when one is killed they turn into a not-zombie making the game now 15 vs 1. After 10 minutes if a human player is still alive that team wins, if they all die, well they lose. Ammo would be spread about the levels in containers.  The controls for the humans would be the same from Single-Player but for the not-zombies

X = Action
A = Grab Human
B = Melee Weapon
Y = Infect (Use while you're grabbing a human)
RT = Claw
LT = Lunge

The thumbsticks would function like they do in Gears of  War.

Players get money for killing and infecting the enemies that they can use to buy new weapons after a game to keep and use to improve load outs.

I would definitely drop $5 for this mode, sadly it will likely never see the light of day when it would work so well with Resident Evil.

What do you think? I don't why Capcom is making such a tame and boring Versus mode for Resident Evil game when they have such a great setup to make something addicting and actual worth the $5.

-DarkGamer007

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ
I think the main reason is that they don't want to have to change the controls in the game just for a seperate mode. I mean, can you even think of a game that has different controls in its multiplayer mode? And the examples you gave in Left 4 Dead and Halo weren't great, since both are first person shooters and there are a number of differences between a game in first person and a game in third person that the casual observer wouldn't think about. However, the basic concept you describe is an interesting one. It isn't really all that different from mercenaries mode, but I can see some entertainment being had in being a not-zombie chasing after Chris or Sheva.
NukeGoBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NukeGoBoom

I think its just a experiment like the cover

Ujio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By Ujio

It doesn't matter how they make it I still wouldn't buy it. I bought the game for $97. That's enough money to shell out. To think they have the audacity to charge $5 for something that should've been included on the disc to begin with is unethical.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By oldschool
Ujio said:
"It doesn't matter how they make it I still wouldn't buy it. I bought the game for $97. That's enough money to shell out. To think they have the audacity to charge $5 for something that should've been included on the disc to begin with is unethical."
This is a growing scourge.  Developers are no longer taking the required time to make a game properly and/or they are deliberately leaving stuff out to gouge greater profit.  I won't reward what I feel encourages that behaviour.