CES 2010 more of last year.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By xxNBxx

I work at LVCC and have worked the last 3 years at CES.  At this year's CES it felt more of the same.  Last  year there was some 3D tvs.  This year 3D was the major force.  Everyone had some kind of 3D TV.  The new 3D TVs that don't requare you to wear the glasses didn't look that good.  They have, kind of, a 3D effect if you stand still in front of it , but as soon as you move or try to look at the TV from anything but 90 degrees you feel like you are looking at one of those hologram still pictures. 

Games I saw at CES 
Splinter Cell - New Walkthrough,  Still looks like it needs more work,  Camera most noteably needs help.   
Mass Effect 2 - I didn't look at it to long cause I don't want to spoil anything for myself, but it looked good. 
Toy Soldiers -  Not sure what to make of that game.  Didn't see anyone playing it.  It's a Xbox live arcade game.  
Heavy Rain - God the acting in this game is BAD!  The game is one big quicktime event,  don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  They have you make wii motions with the controller.  The quicktime events look somewhat cool.  One part I saw had two guys fighting and in some parts it looked like a bad WWE match where you can tell they aren't hitting each other but they are still reacting like they are. 
MAG -  What can I say about this game.  It looks like a Battlefield game. The Guy I saw playing did  a lot of running, kind of nothing going on, till he got shot in the face and had to wait to get back into the game. 
God of War 3 - Same demo from E3.  Seeing it on a nice HDTV upclose sure was nice.   
Gran Turismo 5 - Looks like a Gran Turismo game.  Take that as you want.  

Thats it for now.  I am out.
xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xxNBxx

I work at LVCC and have worked the last 3 years at CES.  At this year's CES it felt more of the same.  Last  year there was some 3D tvs.  This year 3D was the major force.  Everyone had some kind of 3D TV.  The new 3D TVs that don't requare you to wear the glasses didn't look that good.  They have, kind of, a 3D effect if you stand still in front of it , but as soon as you move or try to look at the TV from anything but 90 degrees you feel like you are looking at one of those hologram still pictures. 

Games I saw at CES 
Splinter Cell - New Walkthrough,  Still looks like it needs more work,  Camera most noteably needs help.   
Mass Effect 2 - I didn't look at it to long cause I don't want to spoil anything for myself, but it looked good. 
Toy Soldiers -  Not sure what to make of that game.  Didn't see anyone playing it.  It's a Xbox live arcade game.  
Heavy Rain - God the acting in this game is BAD!  The game is one big quicktime event,  don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  They have you make wii motions with the controller.  The quicktime events look somewhat cool.  One part I saw had two guys fighting and in some parts it looked like a bad WWE match where you can tell they aren't hitting each other but they are still reacting like they are. 
MAG -  What can I say about this game.  It looks like a Battlefield game. The Guy I saw playing did  a lot of running, kind of nothing going on, till he got shot in the face and had to wait to get back into the game. 
God of War 3 - Same demo from E3.  Seeing it on a nice HDTV upclose sure was nice.   
Gran Turismo 5 - Looks like a Gran Turismo game.  Take that as you want.  

Thats it for now.  I am out.
LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By LiquidSwords

I think this is why the GB crew didn't go this year.