Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SpecTackle

25. Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel

No Caption Provided
As a fan of the two original Fallout RPG's, Fallout Tactics remains to be my favorite game of the franchise. Fallout Tactics focused on combat over the classic adventuring aspect of the original two, and even improved upon the squad based combat. Admittedly, I got into tactics far later than the originals but I was instantly hooked. The game plays similarly to Jagged Alliance, and though I've never played the franchise I've been told it's similar to Commandos. It's very true to the Fallout universe, retaining it's adult themes like crazy violence, sex and drug use but is entirely played as a tactical, more strageic game while retaining the character development aspects of the original two had used. If you enjoy the Fallout universe but never experienced the originals, definitely give them a shot. But if you both enjoy the Fallout universe and tactical games, get your hands on a copy of this game. You won't regret it.

24. Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield

No Caption Provided
I've always considered the Rainbow Six games up until 3 as the gaming military enthusiast's wet dream. I consider Raven Shield as the peak of the franchise because to me, it brought just about every facet the franchise was known for together in an almost perfect way. The sheer amount of equipment you're able to choose from and outfit your squads with, being able to plot out a plan before each and every mission, and the fairly realistic gunplay are what stands out to me when I think about what had me so hooked. I spent countless nights playing online with friends, and even dipped into ladder play for awhile towards the second half of my time with the game. Although there have been a few attempts at breakneck realism in shooters since, with the likes of the PC version of Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter and others, none have come close to matching the enjoyment and sense of reward and accomplishment as Raven Shield had to me. I truely hope Red Storm Entertainment returns to this formula again one day.

23. Metal Slug

No Caption Provided
I spent awhile thinking of what my absolute favorite Metal Slug game was, but I really can't decide. I wasted so much money playing these damn games at the recreation center near my house after school from like junior high all the way through my senior year in high school. It's tough not to love the franchise, given it's obvious influences from the likes of the much beloved franchise Contra. I always found a coop buddy and we'd basically comandeer the cabinent every day for a few hours after school, going through roll after roll of quarters of allowance all the way to roll after roll of quarters from my first few paychecks. I also always admired the quality of artwork and animation through out every game, even way back when Metal Slug: Super Vehicle 001 came out. There was no coop arcade game I've had more fun with than Metal Slug.

22. Earthworm Jim

No Caption Provided
Ahhh nostalgia. I actually thought I'd end up putting this a lot lower when I was writing up a list for this crazy top 30 craze. I decided not to because most of my love for thi s game comes from nostalgia, and I realized this after I remembered how absolutely difficult and frustrating some of the areas in this game were for me. But I still loved it and I played it to death with my friends. My irrational fear of dogs transforming into bigger dogs and eating me when I irritate them was also stemmed by this game, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Earthworm Jim was wacky and fun and the pod races were awesome. I enjoyed the platforming even though it wasn't the best, and at times made me want to put my head through a car window. The charm of this game completely compensates for the mind numbing difficulty I had with virtually every area of the game. I can't even recall one level I could play with ease.

21. Super Mario Galaxy

No Caption Provided
I really cannot imagine the classic Mario platform formula evolving further from what Galaxy offers. I absolutely loved some of the more difficult levels in the game, having to deal with the properties of gravity rapidly changing, literally jumping from planet to planet and controlling Mario in some of these situations, navigating him through space. There was really a lot of creativity thrown into the game design, and I feel that simply adding the word 'Galaxy' to the title was what enabled such creativity to take place. This also may be the one game in existence that I thoroughly enjoyed every boss fight, no matter how simple they ended up being. Much of the challenge was in the platforming leading up to each boss, and so it was nice to come to a charming end by facing a very interesting, ableit sometimes simple boss fight.

Alright and sooooo, I've reached the end of the second part. I'm almost sure that by the time I'm done counting down to #1, if people actually read my list, I'll have inspired tons of rage. But I'm sure most of you can see that I enjoy a lot of obscure titles mostly, so it's whatever. But make no mistake, if a mainstream game is really high quality like Galaxy, I will play it and it may end up on this list. Anyway, peace.
Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Rowr

those are quality titles

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ

Intriguing list so far. Its always fun when people have a few rare titles on their list.

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By lamegame621
Rowr said:
"those are quality titles"
I totally thought this said, "quality titties"....lol

Anyway, yes. Very interesting list. What a twist!