Conflicted

MoeQawama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MoeQawama

Can you guys help me out? I'm an Assassin's Creed fan, having played all 3. I am also now a fan of Skyrim, having seen every freakin review possible lol. I was never an RPG person though. The only RPG's I ever played were mass effect 1&2, and I absolutely adore that series; it seriously made me an RPG believer. Right now I have no idea which of these to get, honestly. I have a huge backlog of games, and I will eventually get both of these, but which of them do you guys think I should get first? Much appreciated for the responses

Avatar image for starfishhunter9
Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Starfishhunter9

Skyrim!

But sersiously what part of RPG's don't you like? Mass effect isn't really an RPG, more a shooter with some RPG elements thrown in. Skyrim will be less polished, more buggy and have poorer voice acting then any mass effect game. Also there will be a lot of exploring and several hundred quests if that sounds like your thing. IMO assassins creed revelations will be a great game but won't have the several hundreds of hours of play time skyrim will.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

@Starfishhunter9 said:

Skyrim!

MoeQawama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MoeQawama

@Starfishhunter9:

The RPG's that I don't like are JRPG's and the ones that overwhelm you. I like having control over things in the game, but I hate it when it becomes too overwhelming. That is why I fell in love with the mass effects; It gives you lots of control, but also keeps it under control, you know what I mean? I like to finish games, to see an outcome. That is why I'm deciding whether I should get Skyrim now or later... It sounds weird, but I don't know how much time I can possibly put in the game if I will constantly be distracted and see everything the game has to offer. Like in Arkham City, which I absolutely love, I got so distracted by the side missions that it took me quite a while to beat the game, which I didn't mind. I tried to balance out the side missions with the main story because I still wanted the story to progress. And that's where I'm worried about skyrim for myself lol. If I put that much time into Arkham City, I can't imagine how much time I would plunk into Skyrim (I know, that's the point of the game) and still not beat the campaign. You see what I mean?

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Still_I_Cry

I wouldn't get Skyrim if you don't want to put a large chunk of time into a game.

Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Starfishhunter9

@MoeQawama said:

@Starfishhunter9:

The RPG's that I don't like are JRPG's and the ones that overwhelm you. I like having control over things in the game, but I hate it when it becomes too overwhelming. That is why I fell in love with the mass effects; It gives you lots of control, but also keeps it under control, you know what I mean? I like to finish games, to see an outcome. That is why I'm deciding whether I should get Skyrim now or later... It sounds weird, but I don't know how much time I can possibly put in the game if I will constantly be distracted and see everything the game has to offer. Like in Arkham City, which I absolutely love, I got so distracted by the side missions that it took me quite a while to beat the game, which I didn't mind. I tried to balance out the side missions with the main story because I still wanted the story to progress. And that's where I'm worried about skyrim for myself lol. If I put that much time into Arkham City, I can't imagine how much time I would plunk into Skyrim (I know, that's the point of the game) and still not beat the campaign. You see what I mean?

It shounds like beating the campaign is pretty important too you. I do believe skyrim is a lot about the side quests though, and If you don't want to do too many of them it's probably better to wait till the game is cheaper so you get better value for your money.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Branthog

It's hard for me to consider Assassin's Creed to be an RPG. In my mind, an RPG involves some fairly significant degree of choice on the player's end rather than just playing through a specific character with a specific story and specific attributes. That said, I would personally choose Skyrim if I had to, because it's going to give you more entertainment for your buck and you can always buy Assassin's Creed a few months down the road for $20 or so. Not to mention, I'd imagine a lot of other people are Assassin's Creeded out by now. I sure as hell know I am. Enjoy the game, but it could use a break.

Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Starfishhunter9

@Branthog said:

It's hard for me to consider Assassin's Creed to be an RPG. In my mind, an RPG involves some fairly significant degree of choice on the player's end rather than just playing through a specific character with a specific story and specific attributes. That said, I would personally choose Skyrim if I had to, because it's going to give you more entertainment for your buck and you can always buy Assassin's Creed a few months down the road for $20 or so. Not to mention, I'd imagine a lot of other people are Assassin's Creeded out by now. I sure as hell know I am. Enjoy the game, but it could use a break.

Yeah I wouldn't consider it an RPG either, more a linear campaign with open world extensions. You can't argue with skyrim being the best value out of bascially any game, not counting the multiplayer of shooters and MMOs, but If you have never played a game like skyrim and wanted to be sure you should try one of the fallout or older TES games first before dropping $60.