Damn you Treyarch

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Edited By mikemcn

Yea, you'll be staring at that explosion for awhile...
Treyarch has put me into tears, I suppose they are metaphorical tears, I'm not that addicted to call of duty, I don't even start shaking after not playing for 3 hours anymore. But Ive been having serious issues with Black Ops PC multiplayer in that it Freezes and than has to be ended via task manager. The first 40 hours of multiplayer were fine and then this issue began. It has made me seriously upset, but I cant say im angry at Treyarch for the technical Issues so much as angry that they made such a freaking awesome game and then made it unplayable for me personally. But most people seem to finally being having an ok time with it. Should I be angry at Treyarch?  

Regardless of whos to blame, the constant crashing and freezing was supposed to be fixed in the most recent patch. But alas, no... SO instead ive decided to write a blog about what ive been doing instead of Black Ops.  

FREE GAMES GALORE! 

•  Space Station 13- As the person who had to create a page for this game, Im guessing most people on this site have no clue what its about... its basically a point and click adventure/action game, IN SPACE! Oh and its multiplayer only. Its a fairly accurate simulation of what would happen if 100 video gamers were put on a space station and told to not die for 40 minutes. Its a really fun game, each round is different and killing someone then trying to cover it up is crazy intense. Its janky as all hell curtosy of the BYOND engine but its still great. The main issue is that it was created and is run by members of the SOmething Awful Forums, and its clear that the "Goons" are not known for their intelligence/respect/skill at being admins. Ive been temp banned several times for things that were not my fault, but hey, ITS FREE! Rock Paper shotgun gave a good rundown of one man's experience with the game.

Welcome to the future, theres alot of blood... and lag... and ghosts...

• Battlefield Play4Free- Im not supposed to talk about this, but to be honest, it isn't worth talking about, but its in closed Beta and therefore is technically, FREE!
  • Realm Of the Mad God- A pretty sweet game, I'll let you play it for yourself, but its flash based, its an MMO, its a quick jump in and out game and has some great co-op play and a solid amount of depth. It also happens to be free.
  • Age of Empires Online- Got into the beta, as my all time favorite RTS game, im a little nervous about what they did to it. I haven't gotten a chance to play yet so I'll have to see but. It could be fantastic! Or terrible, all I know is that its FREE! Anyone have any thoughts on it? 

Please be good.
 Please be good.

• Face of Mankind- Another Free MMO, that Ive already written to much about. But it continues to be free and has some really neat ideas, things are quieter than they have been but I still have high hopes for this game if its ever put back on the market. 
  • Men of War Assault Squad beta- I almost forgot! This is a great RTS now in multiplayer Beta, its on Steam, all you need to do is click a button and your in. But its a ton of fun and superior in my opinion to Company of Heroes. (Maybe you cant compare them since COH has base building.)

I suppose this is the part where I write about real games that i've payed for, but I'll save that for later if I feel like saying anything about it, quick preview, Have you played Minecraft?
mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mikemcn

Treyarch has put me into tears, I suppose they are metaphorical tears, I'm not that addicted to call of duty, I don't even start shaking after not playing for 3 hours anymore. But Ive been having serious issues with Black Ops PC multiplayer in that it Freezes and than has to be ended via task manager. The first 40 hours of multiplayer were fine and then this issue began. It has made me seriously upset, but I cant say im angry at Treyarch for the technical Issues so much as angry that they made such a freaking awesome game and then made it unplayable for me personally. But most people seem to finally being having an ok time with it. Should I be angry at Treyarch?  

Regardless of whos to blame, the constant crashing and freezing was supposed to be fixed in the most recent patch. But alas, no... SO instead ive decided to write a blog about what ive been doing instead of Black Ops.  

FREE GAMES GALORE! 

•  Space Station 13- As the person who had to create a page for this game, Im guessing most people on this site have no clue what its about... its basically a point and click adventure/action game, IN SPACE! Oh and its multiplayer only. Its a fairly accurate simulation of what would happen if 100 video gamers were put on a space station and told to not die for 40 minutes. Its a really fun game, each round is different and killing someone then trying to cover it up is crazy intense. Its janky as all hell curtosy of the BYOND engine but its still great. The main issue is that it was created and is run by members of the SOmething Awful Forums, and its clear that the "Goons" are not known for their intelligence/respect/skill at being admins. Ive been temp banned several times for things that were not my fault, but hey, ITS FREE! Rock Paper shotgun gave a good rundown of one man's experience with the game.

• Battlefield Play4Free- Im not supposed to talk about this, but to be honest, it isn't worth talking about, but its in closed Beta and therefore is technically, FREE!
  • Realm Of the Mad God- A pretty sweet game, I'll let you play it for yourself, but its flash based, its an MMO, its a quick jump in and out game and has some great co-op play and a solid amount of depth. It also happens to be free.
  • Age of Empires Online- Got into the beta, as my all time favorite RTS game, im a little nervous about what they did to it. I haven't gotten a chance to play yet so I'll have to see but. It could be fantastic! Or terrible, all I know is that its FREE! Anyone have any thoughts on it? 

Please be good.
 Please be good.

• Face of Mankind- Another Free MMO, that Ive already written to much about. But it continues to be free and has some really neat ideas, things are quieter than they have been but I still have high hopes for this game if its ever put back on the market. 
  • Men of War Assault Squad beta- I almost forgot! This is a great RTS now in multiplayer Beta, its on Steam, all you need to do is click a button and your in. But its a ton of fun and superior in my opinion to Company of Heroes. (Maybe you cant compare them since COH has base building.)

I suppose this is the part where I write about real games that i've payed for, but I'll save that for later if I feel like saying anything about it, quick preview, Have you played Minecraft?
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

good read. that space station 13 game sounds crazy. i'm going to attempt to check that out now. cheers~ 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By AhmadMetallic

YOU NEED MOAR BAD COMPANY 2

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mikemcn
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" YOU NEED MOAR BAD COMPANY 2 "
Haha, it already gave me 100+ hours of play! It deserves a rest! 
zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By zombie2011

Screw FPS's, i've been addicted to Assassins Creed: Brotherhood since i got it. It's something different and it's awesome, highly recommend it.

GhostlyEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By GhostlyEnigma
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
Both COD and Battlefield are fine franchises. There, I said it. Flame me all you want haters.
SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By SBYM
@GhostlyEnigma said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
Both COD and Battlefield are fine franchises. There, I said it. Flame me all you want haters. "
HOW DARE.
blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By blackbird415

Space station 13 looks like they need to call the ghostbusters!!! 

As for call of duty, yeah my game crashes all the time if its anything other than safe mode and I just built a brand new computer with a radeon 5850 which works great with everything else. 
It was crashing on me last night even.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mikemcn
@SBYM said:

" @GhostlyEnigma said:

" @Ahmad_Metallic said:

Both COD and Battlefield are fine franchises. There, I said it. Flame me all you want haters. "
HOW DARE. "
HOW DARE YOU TAKE A MODERATE VIEWPOINT! What you think you can go around making everyone happy? Well I say no sir!  

But yes, your right.  

@AjayRaz said:

" good read. that space station 13 game sounds crazy. i'm going to attempt to check that out now. cheers~  "

Hope you like it, read the wiki or look on youtube for a run down on how to play, don't bother asking questions in game, they'll only turn you into a pink lizard in-game, I know that from experience 

@zombie2011 said:
" Screw FPS's, i've been addicted to Assassins Creed: Brotherhood since i got it. It's something different and it's awesome, highly recommend it. "
Can you put a red dot sight on your wrist blade? I think not, I win. 
GhostlyEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GhostlyEnigma
@SBYM said:
" @GhostlyEnigma said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
HOW DARE. "
I dare to break the rules of teh internetz gaming audience, but not only liking Battlefield, but the Call of Duty series as well. Except for Modern Warfare 2, that shit had FUBAR multi-player. 
SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By SBYM
@GhostlyEnigma said:
" @SBYM said:
" @GhostlyEnigma said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
HOW DARE. "
I dare to break the rules of teh internetz gaming audience, but not only liking Battlefield, but the Call of Duty series as well. Except for Modern Warfare 2, that shit had FUBAR multi-player.  "
No way, dude! Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not hee-yull!
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@SBYM said:
" @GhostlyEnigma said:
" @SBYM said:
" @GhostlyEnigma said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
HOW DARE. "
I dare to break the rules of teh internetz gaming audience, but not only liking Battlefield, but the Call of Duty series as well. Except for Modern Warfare 2, that shit had FUBAR multi-player.  "
No way, dude! Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not hee-yull! "
oh hey maine i love linking dark! 

anyway, Ghostly dude, i dont like to hate and i can see how the CoD mp can be exciting for so many people, its just that when i have a game with big maps and vehicles and an amazing atmosphere with great varied terrains and hardcore team-based mechanics and objectives, playing a game where all i do is run around a small map get kills and get killed sounds REALLY fucking dull, you know? 

thats just my take on BF vs. CoD