Posted by Legion_ (1399 posts) 6 months, 19 days ago

Poll: Dark Souls 2 or The Stick of Truth? (62 votes)

The Stick of Truth 45%
Dark Souls 2 55%

Hey duders. I'm torn on which game to choose, so I'm asking for your advice. Normally I would just buy both of them, but I'm currently serving in the military, and I'm just home for a week. I love the first Dark Souls, but I'm thinking just one week might be a tad on the short side for a game like that. Stick of Truth however seems like a perfect fit for the time span.

I know a lot of you guys are huge Dark Souls fans, and so am I, but take the circumstances into consideration. Other than that I'm planning on getting through both the Burial at Sea episodes for Bioshock Infinite.

I'd like it a lot of you could give your general opinion on Dark Souls 2 as well. Some of the changes seem very good, while other changes just seem stupid to me, so I'm a bit torn on the game as a whole. But know this, I played the first game for hundreds of hours, so I'll probably like this one as well.

Anyway, thanks for your help, and have a good one!

#1 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

I voted dark souls 2 but after reading your post, i'd actually say go with stick of truth. You'll have more time for that if you only have a week.

(crazy, someone voting in a poll before reading the actual post?! that never happens!)

#2 Edited by Random45 (1233 posts) -

I say Stick of Truth because I know pretty much everyone else is gonna go with Dark Souls 2. I'm just extreme like that.

Edit: But seriously, The Stick of Truth is like a 10-15 hours game, something you can feasibly do in a week. Dark Souls is roughly 30-40~ hours long, so I don't know if you could beat it in just a week.

#3 Posted by Legion_ (1399 posts) -

@random45: Yeah, that's kinda what I thought too. Still, I'll just be sitting around in my underwear playing games and drinking coke. I barely have any free time from the army, so it's sure nice to revert to my high school self every now and then.

#4 Posted by Nux (2381 posts) -

Seeing as how you are only home for a week Stick of Truth is a better choice. It is only about 12 hours long so you be able to see all the content the game has to offer in the time you have.

#5 Edited by bybeach (4893 posts) -

@legion_ said:

@random45: Yeah, that's kinda what I thought too. Still, I'll just be sitting around in my underwear playing games and drinking coke. I barely have any free time from the army, so it's sure nice to revert to my high school self every now and then.

Stick of Truth. Simply put, good chance you will find it fun, relaxing and the storyline entertaining. Help realize you are having a vacation..

Now Dark Souls is what I would want to play if no time limit, but If it continues in it's tradition(I'm waiting for the PC port) any given time it will be a stressful MF'er. It might piss you off. Till you learn to win, and even then. Very hard to put down once you get hooked. It would be hard for me to quit (and not pick back up) just when some boss is continuing to kick my rear-end, or I just fell for one of the games many lethal environmental or NPC/invasion ambushes or traps.

#6 Posted by The_Ruiner (1077 posts) -

Stick of Truth. It's short and fun. I doubt you'll put a dent in Dark Souls 2 in that time unless you play nonstop.

#7 Edited by Aetheldod (3626 posts) -

I would go for Dark Souls 2 , a week in your underpants drinking coke is more than enough to have a 80-90 hour playthrough :D

#8 Posted by Arach666 (73 posts) -

Considering your situation it´s clear to me that SP Stick of Truth is the best choice.

#9 Posted by ProfessorEss (7445 posts) -

I haven't played either game but I voted Stick of Truth based on your situation and time constraints (I personally feel like I'd want something a little lighter for a week off).

I mainly just voted to see the results though :)

#10 Posted by The_Nubster (2255 posts) -

Stick of Truth. It'll let you finish it, and you can even see people or do other things with your week!

#11 Posted by Vonocourt (2140 posts) -

Stick of Truth, for the obvious reasons that it's shorter and you don't need to invest yourself as much.

#12 Edited by billymagnum (837 posts) -

do you want to have fun and laugh or get pissed and yell?

#13 Edited by Legion_ (1399 posts) -

Stick of Truth. It'll let you finish it, and you can even see people or do other things with your week!

Now who would want to do that? No, that's exactly what I thought as well. Guess I'm gonna land on The Stick of Truth. I do love me some South Park.

#14 Edited by Poonz (138 posts) -

Because it's only 1 week that you have I voted South Park. It's the game out of the 2 that I bought just because I know I don't have the time to really get into Dark Souls right now.

#15 Posted by Demoskinos (15010 posts) -

You can easily beat Dark Souls II in a week. Unless you really want to go crazy with PvP and Co-op and/or Platinum the game there isn't any reason he couldn't finish it in a week.

#16 Posted by csl316 (8938 posts) -

Stick of Truth. It's jam-packed but compact. If you have a week, plowing through Dark Souls while pressed for time will just make it more stressful than fun.

#17 Edited by RubberBabyBuggyBumpers (724 posts) -

Stick of Truth