Dark Souls 2 or The Stick of Truth?

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Dark Souls 2 or The Stick of Truth? (62 votes)

The Stick of Truth 45%
Dark Souls 2 55%

Hey duders. I'm torn on which game to choose, so I'm asking for your advice. Normally I would just buy both of them, but I'm currently serving in the military, and I'm just home for a week. I love the first Dark Souls, but I'm thinking just one week might be a tad on the short side for a game like that. Stick of Truth however seems like a perfect fit for the time span.

I know a lot of you guys are huge Dark Souls fans, and so am I, but take the circumstances into consideration. Other than that I'm planning on getting through both the Burial at Sea episodes for Bioshock Infinite.

I'd like it a lot of you could give your general opinion on Dark Souls 2 as well. Some of the changes seem very good, while other changes just seem stupid to me, so I'm a bit torn on the game as a whole. But know this, I played the first game for hundreds of hours, so I'll probably like this one as well.

Anyway, thanks for your help, and have a good one!

• 
Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted dark souls 2 but after reading your post, i'd actually say go with stick of truth. You'll have more time for that if you only have a week.

(crazy, someone voting in a poll before reading the actual post?! that never happens!)

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say Stick of Truth because I know pretty much everyone else is gonna go with Dark Souls 2. I'm just extreme like that.

Edit: But seriously, The Stick of Truth is like a 10-15 hours game, something you can feasibly do in a week. Dark Souls is roughly 30-40~ hours long, so I don't know if you could beat it in just a week.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@random45: Yeah, that's kinda what I thought too. Still, I'll just be sitting around in my underwear playing games and drinking coke. I barely have any free time from the army, so it's sure nice to revert to my high school self every now and then.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Seeing as how you are only home for a week Stick of Truth is a better choice. It is only about 12 hours long so you be able to see all the content the game has to offer in the time you have.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bybeach

@legion_ said:

@random45: Yeah, that's kinda what I thought too. Still, I'll just be sitting around in my underwear playing games and drinking coke. I barely have any free time from the army, so it's sure nice to revert to my high school self every now and then.

Stick of Truth. Simply put, good chance you will find it fun, relaxing and the storyline entertaining. Help realize you are having a vacation..

Now Dark Souls is what I would want to play if no time limit, but If it continues in it's tradition(I'm waiting for the PC port) any given time it will be a stressful MF'er. It might piss you off. Till you learn to win, and even then. Very hard to put down once you get hooked. It would be hard for me to quit (and not pick back up) just when some boss is continuing to kick my rear-end, or I just fell for one of the games many lethal environmental or NPC/invasion ambushes or traps.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stick of Truth. It's short and fun. I doubt you'll put a dent in Dark Souls 2 in that time unless you play nonstop.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Aetheldod

I would go for Dark Souls 2 , a week in your underpants drinking coke is more than enough to have a 80-90 hour playthrough :D

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering your situation it´s clear to me that SP Stick of Truth is the best choice.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I haven't played either game but I voted Stick of Truth based on your situation and time constraints (I personally feel like I'd want something a little lighter for a week off).

I mainly just voted to see the results though :)

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Stick of Truth. It'll let you finish it, and you can even see people or do other things with your week!

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Stick of Truth, for the obvious reasons that it's shorter and you don't need to invest yourself as much.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

do you want to have fun and laugh or get pissed and yell?

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Legion_

Stick of Truth. It'll let you finish it, and you can even see people or do other things with your week!

Now who would want to do that? No, that's exactly what I thought as well. Guess I'm gonna land on The Stick of Truth. I do love me some South Park.

Poonz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Poonz

Because it's only 1 week that you have I voted South Park. It's the game out of the 2 that I bought just because I know I don't have the time to really get into Dark Souls right now.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

You can easily beat Dark Souls II in a week. Unless you really want to go crazy with PvP and Co-op and/or Platinum the game there isn't any reason he couldn't finish it in a week.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Stick of Truth. It's jam-packed but compact. If you have a week, plowing through Dark Souls while pressed for time will just make it more stressful than fun.

Avatar image for rubberbabybuggybumpers
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Stick of Truth