Demon's Souls or Borderlands

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Nasos100

Im thinking of buying a PS3 game for this holiday season. Thing is im not sure if i should ger Borderlands or Demon's Souls. I'd like your opinion about that.

Skye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Skye

Borderlands.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By demonbear

Depends on what kind of gamer you are. If you like loot and mindless shooting, go with borderlands, if you like hardcore rpgs like its 1988, go with Demon's Souls.

skaune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By skaune

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I thought Borderlands was so monotonous my eyes started to bleed.
Edit: Also, Borderlands is only fun when played with friends.

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nasos100

i kinda agree with skaune. Borderlands kinda seems boring when you play alone. Anyone that has played these games knows if the online community is strong? (meaning, are there a lot of players playing online?). Thats a question for both games

Skye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Skye
@skaune: Maybe in your opinion, but a lot of people found Borderlands to be just fine as a single player experience, including Jeff.
wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#7  Edited By wwfundertaker

If you want pure punishment go for Demon souls, but i think Borderlands is good fps.

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nasos100

ill take that into account,what do the rest of you think?

skaune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By skaune
@Skye: And that's great. I'm just letting the guy know what I think about it. 

@Nasos100: Well, regarding players online, isn't Demon's Souls weird that way? I mean, it isn't really a MP game, right? It only has hints and stuff from other players. I can only say what I remember from the QL, however. Which you watched, I assume.
Lautaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Lautaro

Easily Demons Souls for me, Borderlands bored me really quickly. Depends what your after though both seem to offer pretty different experiences.

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Nasos100
@skaune: Yea Demon's Souls has real co-op. You can get in another guys worlds and help him defeat a boss or they can enter yours and stuff.
What i would like to know is if there are a lot of people still playing it. But since i heard that the easiest way to get souls is from co-op it seems there must be. Now for Borderlands i have no idea. Anyone knows?
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By CL60

Demons Souls. I got bored of Borderlands real quick to be honest.

fugie7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By fugie7
@Nasos100:  you can play co-op on borderlands in your campaign  or your friends. it just transfer your character class to your friends and does the same thing when your friend joins yours.
skaune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By skaune
@Nasos100:  I'm not sure what you're asking here? Borderlands have coop up to 4 players, you start, and then you run around and do a shitload of quests. If you mean you level up faster or something I wouldn't know, I never played alone that much. But I reckon you do level faster since you kill everything faster. Even with the level-balancer-thing.

I'll have to admit Borderlands was pretty fun at first, you had your buddies and you jumped around killing stuff. The beserker's rage made us laugh. Once we all went berserkers and punched the shit out of everything. But uhm, I guess I'll say this: If you want to fool around and just kill stuff with friends, Borderlands will entertain you for some time. But do not expect much a story here, it's basically a big ass grind, but in a fun way.

If you like tons of loot Borderlands is cool too. 

But I'm guessing Demon's Souls will entertain you for a longer period of time. Even with Borderlands playthrough 2, it's kind of boring at that point imo. But that's just me.
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By Emilio

Demonz Zoulz.

webby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By webby

Also Demon's Souls isn't any where near as hard as some people are making it out to be. There is definitely a steep learning curve, but I found that once I got used to the game and my guy got better gear most of the levels I found to be quite easy (well much easier). 

Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nasos100
@skaune: im sorry for not expaining this well. I know borderlands has co-op. What i wanted to ask is if it had a lot of players playing online, so i would be able to find other people to play easily. Or is the co-op in Borderlands only good with friends?
Nasos100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Nasos100

i guess from what everyone's been saying it would be best if played with friends

thecleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By thecleric

Demon's Souls 

just think about how many FPSes you've played this past year, do you really want another one?

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By Griddler

I would go with Borderlands

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By penguindust
Borderlands.  I played it solo and enjoyed every moment of it.  The shooting is tight and rewarding.  The story is paper thin, but you probably already know that.  However, there is something about wandering around and collecting new guns and equipment.  While it is a FPS it is not like Modern Warfare 2, Halo ODST,  Killzone 2 or what you think of when you talk about FPS games.  Borderlands was one of the more enjoyable, most addictive games I've played this year. 

And if this is your first PS3, you need to get Uncharted 2 before either of these.
Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By Vorbis

If you have friends to play with, Borderlands.

If not, Demon Souls.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Elazul
@Nasos100 said:
" i kinda agree with skaune. Borderlands kinda seems boring when you play alone. Anyone that has played these games knows if the online community is strong? (meaning, are there a lot of players playing online?). Thats a question for both games "
Do not, under ANY circumstances play Borderlands with random people that you don't actually know. Having people jack your rare loot and then quit out fucking sucks.

Anyway, I'd go with Borderlands overall because It takes a very special kind of person to enjoy Demon's Souls. If it turns out that you're not that kind of guy then you might as well cut out the middle man and flush your 60 bucks down the toilet right now.
Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Slippy

Demon's Souls - game of the generation.
CriPPleR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CriPPleR

Easily Demon's Souls. Borderlands is ridiculously over hyped. I beat that game with 3 friends and it was the biggest snooze fest I ever had in a game. Real talk.

PartTimeNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PartTimeNinja

Demon Souls.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i bought borderlands cheap last week expecting a bit of meh. Turned out to be almost game of the year for me next to SFIV

Avatar image for desmondfromthehatch
desmondfromthehatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like Borderlands it draws you in and keeps you playing, especially with friends.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By luce

Swords or Guns?

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#30  Edited By grilledcheez

I don't have a PS3, but if I did I believe I would get Demon's Souls rather than Borderlands...once I put Borderlands down I never picked it back up.

Fbomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Fbomb

Two very different games there. Both are game of the year contenders in a number of categories. You just have to decide which sounds more interesting, because neither is the "better" game here, and neither can really be compared. They're both excellent choices though, and both offer up many hours of gaming. What it comes down to is, do you want to play Borderlands' game-style, or Demon Souls' game-style. Which ever one you pick will be the right choice in this case, since they're both no-lose situations. Personally, I prefer Demon's Souls, but not by much.

Avatar image for deactivated-587815b1c9354
deactivated-587815b1c9354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

demons souls, borderlands is horribly boring

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@Nasos100: Demon's Souls is like crack.   It's highly addictive and makes your heart race.
Lyniz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Lyniz

Demons souls is a terrible game. you will hate yourself for buying into the hype. it is in NO WAY a fun game. I traded in my copy of demons souls for borderlands and will never look back.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

There's a pendulum here between boredom & frustration.  On the one hand you have Borderlands, which can lead to boredom in the long run. On the other, you have Demon's Souls, where you die all the time while grinding ahead.  What's more, if you have to look everything up online for Demon Souls in order to do well at it, what is the point of playing the game?  So to get the most satisfaction out of DS, you need to keep dying until you figure it out.  

I lean towards games that are more boring than frustrating when I gotta choose.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@Lind_L_Taylor: You don't die all the time, unless you suck.  It's not a game for kids or impatient folk.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#37  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Quite simple: If you hate yourself but love pretty graphics get Demon's Souls. If you have friends who are willing to play the game with you, online or off, get Borderlands.

Avatar image for aestheticsynthesis
AestheticSynthesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go with Demon Souls. Borderlands is great, but I'm always there to support an exclusive.
Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lilburtonboy7489

apples or oranges? 

apples plz

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dbz1995
@luce said:

" Swords or Guns? "

In my hopinion, Demon's Souls.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@teh_pwnzorer said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor: You don't die all the time, unless you suck.  It's not a game for kids or impatient folk. "
If vgchartz is to be believed, DS only sold .45 million copies.  Borderlands for PS3 only sold .31 million, but it sold .85 million on the Xbox.  I watched the QL for DS...it looked pretty painful.  It appears that after the first 2-3 hours, it might get easier.   Me, personally, I'm just not interested in anything frustrating & try to avoid anything that introduces it.  Games are supposed to be about entertainment & recreation, not all serious & making you break out into a sweat, yelling at a TV, or throwing the controller against the wall. lolz.

@ArbitraryWater said:
" Quite simple: If you hate yourself but love pretty graphics get Demon's Souls. If you have friends who are willing to play the game with you, online or off, get Borderlands. "

LOL...if you hate yourself....DS is for masochists.
L4wz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By L4wz

Borderlands can be bought on the PC and Xbox 360 and are better on those platforms. Demon's Souls is only on PS3 so I would go for that.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bybeach

I really liked borderlands. I did like the quicklook of demon souls. I know it is a more  niche type of game, but might try it someday, Ocasionally i find something i  really like. 

But Borderlands suprised me, despite it`s rough edges. It`s a nice long entertaining game for having just short of next to no story.
Alphonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Alphonzo

Borderlands.

teh_pwnzorer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By teh_pwnzorer
@Lind_L_Taylor:  Demon's souls becomes entertaining once you realize you can't button mash and rush at the enemies.  Jeff was probably expecting Ninja Gaiden, instead of something similar to a Medieval melee simulator.