isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

Future Cop L.A.P.D

I played the heck out of that demo disk

Likewise. There are many demos that I put hours and hours into, but this one definitely imprinted itself in my mind. Some others include Overboard, MGS 1 and 2, Tomb Raider 2 and Spyro the Dragon.

I'd happily pay money for a Game Pass style service that just fed me PS1 and PS2 era demos to play on modern consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-61166ce541f2d
deactivated-61166ce541f2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Rome total war, and FEAR.

I bought Fear, and liked it.

I spent 14hr playing Rome: Total war in one sitting.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I was a broke kid with a PC in the early 2000s so I sustained on demos.

I played tons of random maps in the Age of Empires 2 demo. I got very good at the first half hour of a couple different maps of Roller Coaster Tycoon. I loved the Stronghold demo. I had a save point just before the lightsaber battle in the Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast demo and would play that scene over and over.

The last couple demos I played a lot were the Battlefield 2 and Company of Heroes demos. Both had skirmishes against bots, which was fun enough. The Company of Heroes demo also had a campaign mission that was one of the most iconic missions in the whole game (the one where you have to set up and defend bridges then fall back as the entire city gets levelled) so it was interesting to try different things while playing that mission.

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By flatblack

I played through the Half Life: Uplink demo so many times as a kid. Headcrabs were terrifying as an 8 year old.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By development

@noboners said:

I think it was the first Just Cause demo that was like a 30 minute timer in the world, and I would spend all 30 minutes every time trying to attach a tuk tuk to a helicopter, flying really high, jumping out and trying to hook myself into the tuk tuk as it fell.

Edit: it was just cause 2

this. By the time I got the full game I realized I enjoyed the demo more than the full product, if that makes sense. You had to sit through that unskippable cutscene but otherwise it was pure bliss for the 1 or 2 sessions you would play in a sitting. No need to think about how empty the story is, how unlikeable every character was, how redundant the game loop was; just 1 single half-hour to fly up really high or surf on some cars or drive the jumpy cars on some desert roads.

And yeah that Pizza Hut MGS demo blew my mind.

Oh and Incredible Crisis. It was fucking IMPOSSIBLE for my young gamer fingers. I don't think I ever beat the elevator part.