did anyone reserve a Steam Deck?

• 55 results
bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I pre-ordered the mid range model, and I couldn't tell you why really.

I have a Switch that I barely use (and recently dropped and cracked the screen), so why I purchased a Steamdeck is ?????

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't see a reservation button so I put it on my wishlist, no financial commitment at least until I can decide. I do have too much hardware though.

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nicksmi56: I bought a Steam Controller and it arrived on time FWIW. I do like that device, including the haptic controls.

sparkysanxion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By sparkysanxion

I put in for the big one. Will probably go ahead with it when the time comes. Have been hoping for something similar for a while, so if they pull it off (better than gpd etc have done so far) then I will be happy.

Specs seem good enough to play the things I want to play, and to do some decent mid-tier emulation - Dreamcast, PS2, GameCube etc.

heavyweather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Allegedly this will handle some PS3 emulation as well. Might be my time to try Persona 5! Dolphin is also definitely a go. Smash Melee + netplay anyone? Also thinking this could be a killer party console, bring a bunch of controllers, USB hub with HDMI out, some Samurai Gunn 2? Now you've got yourself a gumbo. I'm in for a 512GB Q1 2022 resy. Very pumped. I have an RG351V that I've been digging for retro stuff, but boy does it give my wrist a weird tweak when I play it for too long, like on an airplane or something.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

With all of the good press happening around the Steam Deck, are we actually about to get a hitter out of them? I mean, I think the VIVE is kinda amazing, but the buy-in and commitment is kinda steep for the main audience. The Steam Deck, however, is a much easier investment at that price, especially when competing in the handheld-gaming is just the Switch.