Disabling Ach. notifications... for fun!

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Edited By Gerhabio

I will sometimes find myself dissuaded from playing a game because of its punishing achievements because I know that once I get one I'll at least try to get some of the rest and end up torturing myself or playing in such manner that my enjoyment of the game is potentially diminished (e.g. trying to find collectables, repeating the same mission over and over for a high score or no-hits play, reading spoiler-riddled guides as to not pass up secret achievements or difficult ones in which you have to prepare).
So, I decided, you know what? I'm just gonna disable the achievement notifications and just pass games that have hard achievements without worrying about them and just focusing on the main experience. I haven't touched Mass Effect 2 because a friend told me some of the achievements are pretty demanding but I think now I will give it a try, with no chiming distractions.
Have any of you guys done so with a game? Which one?

Gerhabio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Gerhabio

I will sometimes find myself dissuaded from playing a game because of its punishing achievements because I know that once I get one I'll at least try to get some of the rest and end up torturing myself or playing in such manner that my enjoyment of the game is potentially diminished (e.g. trying to find collectables, repeating the same mission over and over for a high score or no-hits play, reading spoiler-riddled guides as to not pass up secret achievements or difficult ones in which you have to prepare).
So, I decided, you know what? I'm just gonna disable the achievement notifications and just pass games that have hard achievements without worrying about them and just focusing on the main experience. I haven't touched Mass Effect 2 because a friend told me some of the achievements are pretty demanding but I think now I will give it a try, with no chiming distractions.
Have any of you guys done so with a game? Which one?

Avatar image for coheedfavorhouse
CoheedFavorHouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By CoheedFavorHouse

mass effect 2 achievements arent that difficult.  i know thats off topic, but with the exception of the insanity playthrough, all of the base game achievements can be done in two playthroughs, one if youre interested in ridiculous mining

gabha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By gabha

What the fuck is fun? can it help me get more Achievements?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I've thought of disabling achievement notifications before so they don't intrude on the game by popping up every now and then but I've never actually done it.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By rjayb89

I will do this once I get my 10th S-rank. Just 3 more to go.