Do Trailers Get Better After The Fact?

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

I'm done with Dragon Age : Origins. I've done two playthroughs and I enjoyed myself thoroughly. I got to admit that the gameplay itself wasn't anything special. It's a 'Bioware Cookie-Cutter RPG'. Not a bad thing for a player like me, who has enjoyed their games for a good decade now. Anyways - I somehow ended up on Gametrailers re-watching the 'Sacred Ashes' CGI trailer. Somehow the trailer managed to 'touch' me, whereas before playing the game it was just a pretty CGI animation. I loved to see characters such as Morrigan and Liliana come to life. They grew on me over the 80+ hours I've spent with them. I felt like watching good friends part ways. An epic goodbye to two lovely ladies of the virtual realm.

Do you feel similarly when you re-watch a trailer of a game or movie you love? Does your past experience with a game/movie and it's characters add something to your experience of it's trailers? Care to share outstanding trailers, that have touched you in a similar fashion?

Well... here's the 'Sacred Ashes' trailer again. Enjoy.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By FunExplosions

Yeah, after beating it, that was damn awesome. The way they talk was way too Disney, though.

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By SoothsayerGB

Absolutely.  I even enjoy recreating hype, by watching old trailers and teasers. Before I replay a favorite.  

Sometimes while watching a movie, a brief scene, will randomly remind me of an old game or actor.  Which causes a butterfly effect. Eventually ending with me watching a movie or playing through a game all over again.   

No Caption Provided

I've spent many a night, tossing and turning with the images of old movies and games in my head.  Sometimes waking up to watch them in the early hours.  In fact, just last week.  I saw the image of Icon Productions.  The cropped image of mother Mary.  I then had to and did, watch Braveheart.  

Sometimes songs will trigger old memories too.  More specifically Moby.  If I hear a Moby song, I automatically think "Heat."  

I'm a media hound.  I stock them, hunt them, absorb them.  I see a simple picture, that doesn't register. It dissolves, later triggered in a moment.  Something simple, like sitting in traffic.  Watching the lights turn.  My mind subconsciously wanders back over the image.  Until I'm reminded of an old memory or feeling.  A song, movie climax, boss battle.  

There are few things in life, the common man can fully enjoy.  Stories are one of those things.  They're always more interesting then real life.   

Old trailers definitely still have a impact on me, long after the fact.  Honestly, I think they effect me even more.  Coupled with a fondness for a game or film.  Those feelings multiply.  I always rewatch movie trailers before I watch the movie.  It's like re-sparking an old flame.  The kindling is there, just needs to ignite.  

"Some of us prefer illusion to despair."

Also.  I was really bored tonight.  Thanks for turning a simple subject, into something much more elaborate and endearing.  Its a nice detour from the average threads here. 
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Seppli
@SoothsayerGB: 

Thanks for sharing - man! Nice read.