Do we need a Metroid Prime franchise page?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I sent in a submission for this recently, but it was rejected. However, I wasn't satisfied with the reason for rejection. I still think there should be a Metroid Prime franchise page along with the main Metroid franchise. It is a sub-series of the main franchise, just like Donkey Kong Country is to Donkey Kong.

Why should Metroid Prime have its own franchise page?

• The entire series takes place between Metroid 1 and 2.
  • Most of the games are handled by Retro Studios.
  • They're also the only FPS Metroid games currently. This point could be taken away easily once we find out whatever the next Metroid game is, but still.

The Metroid Prime series consists of Metroid Prime 1, 2, 3, Hunters, and Pinball.

So as a sub-series of the main Metroid franchise, should we have a Metroid Prime franchise page? I already provided Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Country as an example already on the site.

EDIT - A page has been created. You can ignore this topic now.

deathfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By deathfury

Well I would say since we have a Street Fighter Alpha franchise page, Metroid Prime deserves one too.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Yeah, Metroid Prime totally needs a franchise page. It's a totally separate sub-series from Metroid.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Endogene

Sure go ahead.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#5  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

No! Meh, just kidding. :)

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Black_Rose

I don't think so.

Perhaps DKC is a special case because the gameplay is very different and the protagonists are also different. With Prime, you've got the classic Metroid gameplay (in first person and 3D) and the same main characters. Not to mention that the DKC games don't take place in the same timeline as DK and DK jr.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Black_Rose said:
I don't think so.Perhaps DKC is a special case because the gameplay is very different and the protagonists are also ... [more]
You could argue that lol. In the DKC games, I believe it is explained that Cranky Kong was actually the original Donkey Kong. Donkey Kong Jr is the Donkey Kong we know of today. Hence, the DKC games technically take place after those games. Not like anyone really cares about the DK storyline, but hey, there ya go lol.

That's why Cranky Kong is always like "Back in my day we only had 1 button and a joystick! blah blah blah!" He's referring to the original Donkey Kong game.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Black_Rose

Ok...I didn't know that xD