• 157 results
#1 Posted by ManlyBeast (1150 posts) -

To me he always seems to talk down about the forums here. He has said many times that "people here need to grow up" in Jar time videos. The forums here never really caught on to me. I was here the first day and he seemed to enjoy the community much more back then.

Your thoughts?

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (14779 posts) -

Im sure it is disappointing to him to see the level of Giantbomb erotic fan-fiction has dropped off in recent years.

#3 Posted by TooWalrus (13178 posts) -

I'm sure he likes a portion of the community, but just like any online forum, a big percentage of users here use their anonymity as an opportunity to be an asshole.

#4 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

He probably hates us all

#5 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -

I don't see how he could.

#6 Edited by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -
#7 Posted by Brodehouse (9906 posts) -

I think he interacted with the forum because he needed to at that point in his life. He didn't have to at Gamestop, and once Giant Bomb really got rolling (and especially now) he doesn't need to interact with it.

#8 Posted by isomeri (1258 posts) -

These forums are better than the majority of the internet, but it's still the internet.

#9 Posted by Carousel (418 posts) -

None of them do.

#10 Posted by killacam (1284 posts) -

My guess is that he would hate at least 90% of us.

#11 Posted by Athadam (687 posts) -

The Giantbomb community and the GB forum community are two different things.

#12 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Jeff replied to me once and played off a joke I had made. It was pretty funny. He's also the only one that takes time to talk directly to pm questions through his jar time videos.

#13 Posted by believer258 (11820 posts) -

They don't have a problem with most of us, they have a problem with a portion of Giantbomb users who loudly express their stupidity discontent with things and then turn around and continue to visit.

#14 Posted by Coafi (1484 posts) -

HE LOVES US! I'M SURE OF IT!

#15 Posted by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

I think appreciating the support of the community and liking people are two different things.

#16 Posted by Nictel (2412 posts) -

I think its mainly some of the comments on videos and articles, which by nature of how the site works are a part of the forums as well, that can be very unpleasant to read.

#17 Edited by ElixirBronze (424 posts) -

I get the feeling Vinny really hates us. He often talks about how much he hates the internet and he doesn't generally engage with the live stream chat at all, or the forums for that matter (has he ever said anything in the chat except for "we're late because of this and that"?). Patrick on the other hand seems to appreciate us more than anyone (even though he's the one who gets the most hate, sadly). He answers a ton of questions on his tumblr and fairly often does he reply in comments and forum threads. Brad just hangs out at neogaf.

#18 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

@Castermhief117 said:

The Giantbomb community and the GB forum community are two different things.

There are some fucking awesome people that do really cool shit,

then there are assholes, but there are always assholes, you take the good with the bad, or refer to team mericuh

#19 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

@Carousel said:

None of them do.

Dave and Vinny are the ones that post the most often I'd say.

#20 Posted by Soulreaverm (62 posts) -

@isomeri said:

These forums are better than the majority of the internet, but it's still the internet.

That's what I thought too until I finally found actual good forums.

#21 Posted by cloudnineboya (807 posts) -

He always tweets me saying he loves me and wants too have babies with me, but i say no dammit i will not have little jeffs running around this planet,THE WORLD IS just NOT READY..

#22 Posted by Ghost_Cat (1431 posts) -

Jeff told me one time my sweatpants look radical, so maybe?

#23 Posted by Morningstar (2150 posts) -

He wouldn't hate me. How could he?

#24 Posted by CaLe (3964 posts) -

He wouldn't piss on us if we were on fire.

#25 Posted by ptc (615 posts) -

Alex seems to be the most likely staff member to jump in and interact with the community in story comments or the forums. I appreciate that.

#26 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

I met Jeff at PAX and he burned me with his cigarette...

#27 Posted by BBAlpert (1448 posts) -

@ElixirBronze said:

I get the feeling Vinny really hates us. He often talks about how much he hates the internet and he doesn't generally engage with the live stream chat at all, or the forums for that matter (has he ever said anything in the chat except for "we're late because of this and that"?). Patrick on the other hand seems to appreciate us more than anyone (even though he's the one who gets the most hate, sadly). He answers a ton of questions on his tumblr and fairly often does he reply in comments and forum threads. Brad just hangs out at neogaf.

For what it's worth, I think most of the "I hate the internet" comments (that I've heard from him, at least) are more about just general internet bullshit like the Euro Truck Sim 2 quick look's "There's 10 things that say 'click to start download', but which one actually starts the download?" thing.

#28 Posted by JasonR86 (9659 posts) -

Oh God.

"Am I pretty? SAY I'M PRETTY!!! LOVE ME!!!!"

#29 Posted by Reisz (1483 posts) -

@isomeri said:

This is my main take on it too, I have said in the past that the worst thing about playing video games is the people that play video games. The GB community is the place I feel that to be the least true. I mean this is still the internet so to have a years old community with thousands of members that isn't complete garbage is a bloody triumph.

#30 Posted by Meepasaurus (213 posts) -

I think Jeff thinks that we are pretty OK.

#31 Posted by mrfluke (5131 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

From his Tumblr:

#32 Posted by Nottle (1912 posts) -

If I were to guess he probably doesn't like it when people whine about stuff, but he probably likes it when people are nice to each other, are productive, and when they make genuinely funny videos/ photoshops.

#33 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

@cloudnineboya said:

He always tweets me saying he loves me and wants too have babies with me, but i say no dammit i will not have little jeffs running around this planet,THE WORLD IS just NOT READY..

Wait he always tweets me the same messages.............. wait a minute.

JEFF you are tearing me apart!

#34 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4339 posts) -

They like to poke fun at it, Ryan more so, but they don't hate us...well at least the paying ones. Not sure about the rest of you freeloaders.

#35 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4339 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Im sure it is disappointing to him to see the level of Giantbomb erotic fan-fiction has dropped off in recent years.

Nothing tops Jeff eating Ryan.

#36 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

Nope.

#37 Posted by FierceDeity (358 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

They like to poke fun at it, Ryan more so, but they don't hate us...well at least the paying ones. Not sure about the rest of you freeloaders.

Surely their ad revenue > bandwidth costs for us freeloaders by now?

#38 Posted by TorMasturba (1095 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

I'm sure he likes a portion of the community, but just like any online forum, a big percentage of users here use their anonymity as an opportunity to be an asshole.

This in a big way!

#39 Posted by SerHulse (685 posts) -

You all see how excited he gets about polls in the new chat, and with Jar Time and his tumblr page, he clearly enjoys interacting with the community.

Like everywhere else on the Internet, the very vocal minority ruin it for everyone else.

So you see, everyone at GB loves us with all their heart, except Ryan, obviously.

#40 Posted by GunstarRed (5128 posts) -

Judging by some of the quality threads today. No.

#41 Posted by OmegaChosen (644 posts) -

I think as long as we don't rock the boat he's cool with us, if too overly busy to interact with us in depth, but shakes his head when we get rowdy.

#42 Posted by LikeaSsur (1513 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

Couldn't have said it better myself. We are his paychecks, he better like us!

#43 Posted by dropabombonit (1490 posts) -

Jeff does care because he has answered a couple of PMs that I sent about nonsensical stuff. Also Patrick is the best, he always gets back to you super quick when you message him

#44 Posted by dr_mantas (1843 posts) -

Jeez, I hope they they don't hate us. It's how I derive most of my self-worth!

#45 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

These threads are doing a number on my self-esteem.

#46 Posted by ShaneDev (1696 posts) -

In my opinion they interact with Giantbomb fans all the time and with those who do cool things but generally dislike the vast majority of the forum users. A lot of the fans post this stuff on the forums but there is a distinction between those two types of people. They don't really need to post here since I do know Brad reads a lot and post a lot on NeoGaf, so does Patrick, and the rest only interact when they really need to but none really post here. I don't really blame them for not posting since forums aren't for every one. More importantly however they interact with the fans in other ways like Jar Time, TNT. They meet people in person at PAX, they used to let people visit them at their office, Jeff and Ryan randomly live stream stuff like their commute if your really interested and they interact in really every live show they do and of course on Twitter where they talk and interact a ton. They answer emails on the Bombcast and if you really want to know what they think of a certain thing then chances are there is a QL, show, or Bombcast where they discuss it. From the forum side of things you sometimes get a weird vibe of "Wow they never interact" but that's if your only interaction with GB is through the web site. But like the other poster stated the forum users are not the GB community which is important to remember. Didn't they say that most of the people who listen to the Bombcast never actually visit the rest of the site?

And finally these forums are pretty much total garbage anyway, terrible topics, shitty users and equally awful mods means that these forums are 99% crap most of the time. I am not joking. Most of the users on the site are childish assholes who are weirdly obsessive about the GB staff. The only people who I enjoyed making an apparence where RyanWho and HandsomeDead, both were assholes but at least they had some interesting things to say.

#47 Posted by dagas (2820 posts) -

I loved the forums back when the site was new. Everyone was nice and it the forum had a good community who were passionate about the site. Those people still exist but as the site has grown other people who are not as nice have joined. It is still a good community compared to some larger sites but it is not like gamebreaker or some other smaller sites. That's just how the internet works.

#48 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4339 posts) -

@FierceDeity: Don't take everything so seriously.

#49 Posted by spartanlolz92 (511 posts) -

Like with anything in life jerks are usually the loudest and most noticeable.

that can get irritating day after day.

#50 Edited by LTSmash (619 posts) -

@ManlyBeast said:

He has said many times that "people here need to grow up" in Jar time videos.

This is an eternal truth for the entire Internet.