Does Amazon ship games on the day of release?

MisterDunlap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MisterDunlap

I recently pre-ordered DA2 from Amazon, and for the life of me, I can't figure out if they ship it the day it to you the day it's released, or it arrives a week and half later or some such nonsense. Can someone please explain to me how Amazon does that kind of thing?

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Skald

First of all, what country do you live in? 

In my experiences, the different Amazons act a bit differently, so we might as well straighten that bit out.

Zaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Zaft

Not sure for EVERYONE, but I live in Las Vegas, and I get it either the day it comes out (so, for example, Dragon Age 2 I would receive tomorrow at about 8AM), or a few days beforehand.

I have NEVER gotten it late, even if I pre-ordered it in the last 10 minutes of the day before it comes out. I'm pretty sure they stock their warehouses full of the games before the date and then just send back what wasn't needed.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Doctorchimp

If you live in the US and preorder directly from Amazon it will ship before release date.

I live in Long Beach and if I don't get it on Tuesday I get it on Monday.

Avatar image for harbinger_of_hippos
Harbinger_Of_Hippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I assume they ship it the day it's released, yes. Earlier today I pre-ordered DA2 as well, and set it for 1-day shipping. I'm assuming it'll be here on the 9th, the 8th if I'm super lucky, but you can't count on luck.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By lead_farmer

When I preordered  Killzone 3 I got it day of release.  It usually says when you click on the product whether or not they ship it to you day of release.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Marz
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hot_Karl
@lead_farmer said:
" When I preordered  Killzone 3 I got it day of release.  It usually says when you click on the product whether or not they ship it to you day of release. "
This. There are exceptions if you don't live in America, or if you have Amazon Prime or not (I think for the most part, if you pre-order the game with Amazon Prime, you get automatically upgraded to day-one shipping at no extra cost), but this is right.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By iam3green

yes, they do. they actually ship it before the release date and it gets to your place on release date. i just have to say that you will get it depending on the way your mail/ UPS gets to your house. i preordered forza 3 from amazon to be different than gamestop. i ended up getting it later the day of the release. in the end, i could have played the game earlier from buying it at gamestop than getting it shipped. i ended up waiting all day for the game to come. it wasn't really amazon's fault it was more of the mail's fault for coming so late in the day.

cinemandrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By cinemandrew

My friend tried to pre-order today, and said he wasn't able to select release-date shipping, but otherwise it is something they do. My copy shipped out earlier today, and will be showing up at my doorstep sometime tomorrow.

Impossibilium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Impossibilium
@DarthOniXVIII said:

" I recently pre-ordered DA2 from Amazon, and for the life of me, I can't figure out if they ship it the day it to you the day it's released, or it arrives a week and half later or some such nonsense. Can someone please explain to me how Amazon does that kind of thing? "

If  a product qualifies for release day shipping when you go to check out it will give you delivery options and one of those will say

" FREE Release-Date Delivery --get it Tuesday, XXX XXX!"

If it doesn't say that or you didn't check that box, then it will arrive at normal delivery pace.

If you choose release day shipping it will be dispatched the day before and arrive on the release day.