Don't you sometimes wish...

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By AuthenticM

...that you could completely erase some memories you have in regards to a particular game? I often find myself dreaming about how great it would feel to play my favorite games again, from scratch, with no prior knowledge of them. Example: Final Fantasies, Halo, Metal Gear. What is sad (for me) is that I played some of these games (like FFVII, VIII) when I was too young to fully experience and enjoy them as they should. Being young (i.e. below 14) equals being naïve, not fully aware and, in my case, not understanding English enough to get everything that is told to me.

That last part is probably what hurt my playthrough the most. Sure, I remember the first time I played those games, and remember thoroughly enjoying them and their emotional stories; but a part of me wishes that I had been a little bit older and completely bilingual before playing them for the first time. And then there's simply the fact that I would like play a game for the first time again, to relive them joyous moments I had. What about you?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Hmmm.... nope, don't think so. Maybe erasing the memories of certain bad games could be useful, but even bad games probably serve the purpose of making me appreciate good games even more. I can understand your desire to experience that first time all over again, but I don't think I personally care to so much. There are other things in life I'd rather re-live. Generally I can still get some good times out of an older game that I'm replaying, and that's enough for me.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By bwooduhs

for some of the games that i played when i was little it would be great.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Hexpane

this is a blog post

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By TheGTAvaccine
Hexpane said:
"this is a blog post"
Even if it were, it would probably still show up on the main boards, so what of it?

Anyways, I totally understand what you're getting at. I truly did not enjoy Metal Gear Solid or FF7, but maybe that could be because I was young, and might have not fully grasped/understood those games.
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Kazona

The only game I want to erase from my memory is DMC 2, and then I never ever want to be reminded of it again.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AuthenticM
Hexpane said:
"this is a blog post"
Forums are a mean to converse with other people; that is exactly what we're doing here.
Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Player1

Yes, whenever I game is spoiled for me, I really wish I could just ERASE everything.

Also, when playing games like gears (maybe some spoilers up ahead) while riding the Brumak it wasn't as cool, because well, I knew it was coming.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Hexpane
AuthenticM said:
"Hexpane said:
"this is a blog post"
Forums are a mean to converse with other people; that is exactly what we're doing here."
on giant bomb blog posts are allowed, but people put (blog post) in the title.  You did not, that is my only point.  Blog on the forum all you wish, but it would be nice if you flagged your threads appropriately.