Dragon Ball Super is on Hulu. When are we getting a new all systems goku?

omelettefists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Dragon Ball Super is on Hulu. When are we getting a new all systems goku? (319 votes)

Never 96%
6 months 2%
1 year 3%
 • 
MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I suspect this will fall into the same category as doing a Persona Endurance run again. People will ask about it too much to a point of it wearing the fun out and they'll eventually find that its unlikely to capture their same interest as much as it did the first time around.

I hope they do it, to be honest, I liked Super a lot as a weird fan service series of DB that tickled that nostalgic feeling. With some of the weirder stuff in there I'd love to hear their reaction, but I'd be very surprised if they ever did it though. Seems much more likely that if they wanted more Dragonball they probably pursued it on their own already.

JellyCube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never. Dragon Ball Super is garbage.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SethMode

Never. There is a better chance of them doing Dragon Ball, and even that will never happen.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@jellycube: I thought people liked it at the time. Is it considered bad now? Never seen any.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Efesell

I mean actual question.. why would they?

All Systems Goku was content for the website. I mean Dan COULD bite into the time he spends on his various other works to collab for another season but.. I wouldn't?

Jeff could bring in another Anime Expert to replace him but I don't know if I want that show either.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

who knows honestly, they have both said they wanted to watch more and back in the day I believe one of the reasons was that the Dub was not finished for super, and according to his streams, Dan is cleared to to do stuffs on other sites with no problem, but he's extra busy and Jeff has other responsibilities now.

Super gets a lot of shit, but it's weird and engaging in the right spots that I think if nothing else would make for fun conversation on a podcast if they ever do it.

dwerkmd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just finished listening to the whole stretch of podcasts again. I eagerly looked forward to every release when they were coming out. I'm not even a huge Dragon Ball Z fan but I really enjoyed the energy and fun they had with it. I agree that Dragon Ball, rather than Super, would go over better.

Whatever the option, I really hope Jeff does something like All Systems Goku again.

insomniak08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jellycube: it is not any worse than Dragon ball z

Sulcath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I grew up with DBZ, collecting tapes, DVDs and .AVIs. I watched through the sub of the full run last year, and I loved Super. I think they would dig watching it. I would eagerly enjoy new episodes of any GB anime pod. I loved their take on DB Kai.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I hope, if they ever do ASG 2, they straight up say fuck the DJ and do GT. Not because GT is good -- it's not -- but just to make everyone mad.

MrGreenMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@vaiz: Vegeta mustache alone is worth the watch!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By Humanity

Maybe in a few more years but probably never.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@jellycube: it is not any worse than Dragon ball z

I just watched DBZ and Super this summer (had no nostalgia for either one; had never seen them when I was a kid) and I thought Super was significantly worse than Z.

I'm about a third of the way through GT now and Super is at least better than that, though.

tejini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd honestly settle for a one time special where they watch the new Broly movie instead. It doesn't need much in the way of set up and it has some of the best writing story wise and the best fight sequences of anything since the original DBZ run.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I mean, Dan...doesn’t work for the site anymore...sooooo?

Don’t get me wrong, former staff show up to help with an Extra Life charity stream or the occasional appearance on podcast/UPF/Playdate, but the chance of Jeff using his personal time to record a weekly podcast with Dan about Dragonball is literally zero.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By Undeadpool

As much as I want it to happen, it ain't gonna (also as someone who just watched the original DB and has seen most of Super: they shouldn't do original DB. It's far from bad, but it doesn't have a LOT of the things they loved about DBZ, and it feels like they'd spend the entire time waiting for something that isn't going to happen, or that only happens at the VERY end).

@csl316 said:

@jellycube: I thought people liked it at the time. Is it considered bad now? Never seen any.

It is VERY polarizing. The whole thing has a very fly-by-night tone that the Buu Saga has, and it has a BIG problem with ongoing storytelling and stakes constantly resetting at the end of every season, to say nothing of introducing at least TWO deus-ex machinas to a series that already had too many.

That said: on their own, each season has some very, very high points. The new saiyans from Universe 6 are wonderful, Hit is a strong new antagonist/rival, I personally REALLY liked the Goku Black arc until its INCREDIBLY shitty ending (and truly, having James Marsden get to come incand voice a REAL Dragonball character instead of being stuck as 'the celeb superfan who played Shitty Piccolo in DB:Evolution' is a nice touch), and the whole Tournament of Power season (the most recent one) overstays its welcome, but personally I don't think it gets enough credit for showcasing some real, creative fights. It really feels like it's trying to bring back some of the old martial arts feel of Dragonball, but people are just pissed off at how protracted it is (and the fact that a certain new character is basically telling the audience how they should be feeling, which is insufferable).

So it really is a tale of two shows: some incredible creativity and truly great moments in overstuffed, plot-bereft stories. Personally, I like it, but I'd probably never buy it. So having it on a service I already subscribe to is perfect.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super was dope wtf.

And no, Dan left so I doubt we'd ever get him back just to do that.

DARKSOULS1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im watching super right now its fun. Not perfect. Cant see this happening though.

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only way to make DB Super watchable is to cut all the scenes of people retelling what you just saw and saying 'XXX is so strong'! Or just watch the funny clips on Youtube. The show is so cheap and boring and basically unwatchable as is.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoplays: Not gonna lie, that sounds a lot like DBZ (I like DBZ but let's be real here).

theonewhoplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By theonewhoplays

@SethMode: There's a reason everyone recommends Kai instead of the original cut... But in truth I'm not a fan of Kai either apart from the iconic music/VAs/sound effects. I actually read the manga before watching DBZ and it is ROUGH going from the break-neck pacing of the manga to ...whatever the show is.

They should really just watch a good show like Avatar TLA instead, but I suppose it wouldn't make for a lot of wrestling comments.

Thrillhouse87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Thrillhouse87

For your Dan talking about anime fill you can listen to Dan and his wife Bianca discuss My Hero Academia and Neon Genesis Evangelion on thier podcast Panning the Stream.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

If Jeff and Dan at some time find it in them to watch GT or Super that'd be fun to me, even if there's no podcast.

I don't expect them to ever do another show at this point, though.

ToughShed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish the answer wasn't never.

I was just actually relistening to old episodes. There's so much fun and enthusiasm there to me that its a shame and crazy it wouldn't continue but it hasn't had a peep since the first run ended.

DaviKaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DaviKaze  Online

I was not expecting the hate for Super when i opened this thread. I thought it retained most of dbz's weak points, but was much funnier and more creative otherwise. I went in very skeptical and was pleasantly surprised. Uh, some complaints about modern animation techniques aside.

Kemuri07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@davikaze: But shows don't exist in a vacuum. DBS is a sequel to a 20 year old anime during a time frame where plenty of other popular shonen anime have and continue to exist. Those flaws make DBS worse since it doesn't have the excuse of being an anime from the 90s.

UltimAXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm finally wrapping up Super since the last 4 blu-rays went on sale recently. It took some effort to get through, for sure. The art is pretty poor for vast majority of the series, which was my major gripe with the whole thing. However, I've been absolutely hooked for the entire Tournament of Power. The art improved dramatically (that filter goes a long way) and the arc is just plain fun. I've got like 6 episodes left and I already know how it all ends, so I think that it's pretty safe to say that I quite enjoyed the entirety of Super. I just really love these characters and their zany world.

All Systems Goku coming back would be pretty rad, of course, but I'd settle for just some general thoughts of Jeff's and Dan's on Super. It really leans in to the goofy shit that those guys seemed to love about DBZ, so I reckon that they'd really like it. And then there's the Broly movie, which might just be my favorite film of all time now. So, yeah, just their quick takes on Super would be nice to hear.

DaviKaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DaviKaze  Online

@kemuri07: You may be totally correct on that point. I don't watch TV, anime, or movies generally and I definitely haven't watched shounen anime since Bleach stopped airing. That being said, I found DBS to be a surprisingly good experience overall, and the people I interact with liked it too, so I just haven't been exposed to others disliking it before now. Not trying to make some objective statement on its quality, I'm certainly not qualified to do so.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For super just go online and find the filler episodes to skip lol. Same thing with every other anime. It's probably safe to say don't skip the baseball episode though.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Meh. I tried to watch Super but didn't like it. I'd be disappointed if they did that.

I REALLY want to hear Jeff and Dan's thoughts on Yu Yu Hakusho, though. I mean, it's not going to happen, but I personally feel like YYH aged much better than DBZ.