Dreamcast, Neo-Geo Pocket, or something else??

alexrubens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By alexrubens

Ok so my friends are going to japan soon and they said they would get me something so i figured I would get some game consoles.. so should they get me a Dreamcast, Neo-Geo Pocket, or something else? Also what are the good games for the system of choice? Also what are the best region-free games for any system that are only available in Japan?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#2  Edited By AgentJ

I'd choose the Dreamcast of those choices, but i was just there, and i was so tempted to get an R4 cart. If you have a DS, get one before its too late. 

alexrubens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By alexrubens

sorry im so nieve but what is a R4 cart? is it the flash cart to load games from your computer onto your DS? why will it be too late?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kush

I love me some Sega and I love me some Dreamcast....so I'm going to have to go with the Dreamcast.

alexrubens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By alexrubens

ewhat dreamcast games do you recommend?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By AgentJ

The R4 cart is essentially a way to play homebrewed DS games, and there are a lot of good DS homebrews. But Nintendo has recently cracked down on the R4 carts. If they go to Akihabara, you may still be able to find some, but it may be hard(er). As far as dreamcast games, Definately Jet Set Radio, and Virtual On, and Soul Calibur. Rayman2, skies of Arcadia, maybe Dead or Alive, DEFINATELY Marvel Vs Capcom 2, and Bangai-O. I dont know if the Dreamcast was Reigon-locked or not, but im sure you could find mods online.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By kush

Power Stone 1/2 are absolute musts for any Dreamcast owner (but may not be the easiest to find)...you also have your Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure, Shenmue (if you're into that), Skies of Arcadia...I could make an extensive list, but I personally think that the Power Stone games are a #1 priority...it's my favorite 3D fighter.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Godwind

Dreamcast.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By TheHBK

Dreamcast easy, with some great rare games if they can get em too.  Cant go wrong.