drm on sega vintage on xbla

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By lord_canti

i got a xbox 360 about a week ago and got all the sonic games on xbla. since then  some problems with my xbox required me to swap it for annother  with my HDD. when i got home i try to play them and get a message asking me to unlock the full game  ive tryed re downloading  and still get the same message is there anything i can do. once again drm hurts paying customers ¬_¬

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

Fuck DRM!  This is why I only buy PC games without it, like Valve Games and Blizzard games. 

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Mcfart
@KaosAngel said:

" Fuck DRM!  This is why I only buy PC games without it, like Valve Games and Blizzard games.  "

The new Battle.net is DRM. SC2 will be required to be online 24/7..count on it.

edit:steam is DRM too (you have to run it to play Valve games)
JoeyIA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By JoeyIA

The way Xbox DRM works is that your console and your storage device each have a unique ID. As long as those IDs match up you're cool to play games and use other content without being logged into LIVE, but if you switch HDDs and consoles you must be logged in to use them. 

Edit 

You can go here:  http://www.xbox.com/en-us/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/default.htm to witch the content to your new Xbox, but you can only do this once every 12 months.

lord_canti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By lord_canti

its really starting to piss me off now i payed good money for them and they go and shaft me ....is there really a scene for pirateing xbla games? and really if you have hacked ure xbox to play pirated games ure gonna get a emulater and play the roms

EDIT: thanks  joey :D trying it now ...hopefully i  dont need to use it again for 12 months XD