Dumbest mistake you've made after taking a break from a game?

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

It happens to the best of us. Life comes up, or another game draws your attention midway through and when you pick the game back up you've forgotten everything you know.

Maybe it's a central mechanic, maybe it's a key item or location you forgot you needed to do, maybe you forgot about the demon bell status effect in Sekiro and beat the game without even realizing you were debuffed... ahem.

Anyways, what are some silly things you forgot after coming back to a game?

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mach_go_go_go

Paradise Killer was recently updated with a host of new sidequests and collectibles, so I decided to boot it back up after a year of having not touched it. I spent three evenings wandering around the city trying to track down every new collectible and every new vending-machine before I noticed on the start screen the control layout - you can hold in Y to meditate, which "briefly highlights all remaining collectibles on the map".

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

When playing anything from Rockstar I inevitably need to take a break by playing a different game. However, as a result, I always forget that you need to tap the run button instead of holding it in every Rockstar North title.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm using items in Souls games by accident because I'll have been playing a soulslike.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Probably forgetting that i intentionally didn't make a save-game further ahead because that's the point of no return in some game. But after coming back after a few weeks or months, you tend to forget those things.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Usually, my mistake is just waiting far too long to go back to a game and having no idea where I am, and what I was doing. Just recently I booted up God of War and had absolutely no memory of what I had done or where to go, that I think I might have to start over if I ever want to play that again. I also booted up Remember Me and forgot that I had apparently finished it already and went to look up the ending of that game on youtube to see if I would remember doing it.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Forgetting about how my virtual cars handle so I may end up driving to the grass or something, then I have to go to test drive/practice mode to get used to them again.

Avatar image for ithas2besaidkvo
ItHas2BeSaidKVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not exactly dumb, but losing the muscle memory when taking a break from rhythm games ie. Guitar Hero and having to get the touch back.

bodger0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that moment you realise that you had put down a game, and not touched it for months after, and you were maybe under an hour away from finishing it.

I played through Mass Effect Andromeda in fits and starts, but got burned out after a while. Reloaded it up about 6 months later, and had maybe 20 minutes left....

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is pretty rare because I either play a game all in one shot OR start over entirely if I pick up after too long.

So its all relegated exclusively to FFXIV which I always take a few months off and come back and realize I was in the middle of doing something too complicated to immediately fumble back into.

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Taking a long break from competitive fighting games like Street Fighter V and jumping back into Ranked thinking I’ll hold my own. Never do and end up getting frustrated before just going into Casual matches to get back in shape.

burritocreases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember on my first play through of KH, I took a break and when I came back I needed money for a battle and sold everything, including parts to create that ultimate weapon and since I never remembered the name of the item or didnt have multiple saves once I remembered I just had to look at myself like Wow nothing to do now.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Do the thing where I play a game, mainly an RPG, for 100 hours, stop for one reason or another, don't play it for either several months or a year, pick it up again with a new save despite, either unknowingly or knowingly, being roughly 80% done with the story, rinse, and repeat.